Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stormhunter
    • By stormhunter 17th Aug 17, 9:48 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    stormhunter
    Apcoa pcn
    • 17th Aug 17, 9:48 AM
    Apcoa pcn 17th Aug 17 at 9:48 AM
    I received a PCN for the reasons below. i spoke to GWR about this on the phone strongly and they kept referring to someone but said there were no managers available, they said to appeal as they could do nothing about it. they then told me to email details to them and someone should look into it. email below.

i am in england. i am looking for help for the relevant disability laws they have broken aand have not recived a NTK yet.

thank you in advance.
    Dear Sir
    REF phone call 16/08/2017.!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! PCN: GW60110020
    !!! !!! !!! On 14th Aug we arrived at Kemble station for the 1550 to Cheltenham. My Wife is severely disabled with secondary progressive Multiple Sclerosis and needs help to get on the train.
    ! On arriving at the Swindon to Chetenham side of the station (Platform 2) there were no parking spaces available, even though they are not wide enough to open a door fully to get out,and there are no disabled parking slots marked, even in the new 333 slot car park, which is to far to walk from anyway.
    Due to the nature of my wifes disability she can not walk far and requires help to get on the train so we parked next to the building on some faded yellow lines. we went in and i put my wife on the train and came straight back to the car. was no longer than 6 mins.
    I Found a PCN on the windscreen with a £100 pound fine from APCOA for parking in a restricted area, There were 2 taxis parked in a separate yellowed box area that did not have tickets on. There are no signs saying do not park here or taxis only and the only disabled parking spaces are on the other side of the station, the only way across the lines to the other station platform are stone steps to go over a footbridge. This is not any use to disabled people.
    Because there are not any disabled parking spaces on platform 2 side of the station This is a failing in Great Western Railway who are responsible for the private land and enforcing the disabilities act to ensure they are catered for. This is allowing APCOA to take advantage of the situation and are targeting disabled people who need to park close to the entrance.
    On talking to customer support they said it is nothing to do with GWR and to appeal against it. GWR Are responcible as they are the company that employs APCOA to run there car parks. I want GWR to cancel this PCN as it is a ridiculous amount of money and to paint disabled parking slots on platform 2 side of the station to stop APCOA from taking advantage of that fact and for causing all the agro and grief and stress to people who already have enough to worry about with there illness.
    I await your reply.
Page 2
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 21st Oct 17, 3:20 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,281 Thanks
    pappa golf
    as enshrined in UK law
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Oct 17, 4:46 PM
    • 54,084 Posts
    • 67,732 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    they will not give a POPLa code , the BPA has deemed that POPLa is non aplicable on railway land , you can however contact the BPA and state that no reply has been forthcoming from your appeal and it has been passed to debt collectors
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Well they've said this for Indigo (who seem to have ZZPS and WH pulling the strings, some might observe, and money talks).

But I've not seen it said about APCOA, who do NOT issue 'penalties' like Indigo like to claim to issue. IMHO, if it's a parking charge notice from a BPA member, then the appellant still gets POPLA.

Complain to both Steve Clark of the BPA and David Dunford of the DVLA. Emails posted recently by Umkomaas, so click on his username to find that post.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 21st Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,281 Thanks
    pappa golf
    so some railway land is bylaw and some is ,,,,,,,,,,,
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Oct 17, 4:49 PM
    • 54,084 Posts
    • 67,732 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yep.

Some parking charges are contractual = POPLA (if a BPA member). So I think APCOA fit this bill - complaints all round.

Some hide behind byelaws and call it a ''penalty'' = no POPLA because the BPA/DVLA have been (allegedy) persuaded by some hefty stakeholders who IMHO, they won't want to upset. Flipping heck money talks in this rotten game.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 21st Oct 17, 4:54 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,281 Thanks
    pappa golf
    but no matter which way you look at it , the only people that can claim money is the TOC , and the PPCs know this , so why are the DVLA divulging info to a company for a non existant reason

I know this can go on for hours , but at the end of the day ,,,,,,,,,,, money talks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Oct 17, 5:21 PM
    • 54,084 Posts
    • 67,732 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yep.

Just noticed this proves APCOA are still issuing POPLA codes on (Airport) byelaws land:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5731349

...and I can't recall any threads (Railway or Airport or otherwise) which show APCOA being allowed not to offer POPLA.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 21st Oct 17, 5:50 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,281 Thanks
    pappa golf
    is it worth returning a copy of the message that POPLa/bpa gave regarding indigo and RAILWAY LAND , and asking why APOCO can issue aPOPLa code but not indigo?

ask how the land differs , that should make them scratch there brains for a minute trying to compose &*&* dhit

"I can confirm Indigo Park Solutions are members of the BPA and an Operator under the Approved Operator Scheme.

The British Parking Association (BPA) has campaigned at length for clarity on the Clauses in Railway Byelaws pertaining to parking to be improved. Government committed at a meeting in January to provide clarification but due to various circumstances, some beyond their control, this has not been forthcoming.

We firmly believe that effective legislation that is not open to interpretation is vital in ensuring a fair environment for both our members and motorists. That is why we have taken the decision to temporarily remove the requirement for our members, who manage parking at railway locations under the Byelaws, to offer an independent appeal via POPLA.

Motorists who breach the advertised Terms & Conditions and receive a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) but who believe it has been unfairly issued will still be able to appeal to the operator. If however they remain unhappy following an appeal!!!8217;s rejection the final decision can be made at a Magistrates Court.

In the meantime we will continue to work with Government to achieve a resolution to Railway Byelaws Clauses."
    Last edited by pappa golf; 21-10-2017 at 5:54 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    • 54,084 Posts
    • 67,732 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think any mention of byelaws muddies the waters here. This is not a byelaws case.

I reckon the OP simply complains to the DVLA and BPA that APCOA issued a parking charge (not a penalty) and have failed to provide a POPLA code in response to an appeal.

Only Indigo call their charges 'penalties' and only Indigo have twisted themselves away from POPLA.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 21st Oct 17, 6:07 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,281 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I received a PCN for the reasons below. i spoke to GWR about this on the phone strongly and they kept referring to someone but said there were no managers available, they said to appeal as they could do nothing about it. they then told me to email details to them and someone should look into it. email below.

i am in england. i am looking for help for the relevant disability laws they have broken aand have not recived a NTK yet.

thank you in advance.
    Dear Sir
    REF phone call 16/08/2017.!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! PCN: GW60110020
    !!! !!! !!! On 14th Aug we arrived at Kemble station for the 1550 to Cheltenham. My Wife is severely disabled with secondary progressive Multiple Sclerosis and needs help to get on the train.
    ! On arriving at the Swindon to Chetenham side of the station (Platform 2) there were no parking spaces available,

sorry missing something , GWR , railway carpark ?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Oct 17, 6:21 PM
    • 54,084 Posts
    • 67,732 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes but it's not a byelaws charge. A 'parking charge notice' isn't one. Indigo moved the goalposts and sidestepped POPLA, by calling theirs a 'penalty', but APCOA never have done, nor have NCP.

So I think the complaint simply needs to say 'oi where's my POPLA code' at this stage.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 21st Oct 17, 6:24 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,281 Thanks
    pappa golf
    sorry , not bylaw charge ?

correct , its a begging letter by a private company for parking on land that comes under bylaw rulings

issued by a company that signed an agreenent that they would only work on aplicable land

the BPA carefully omitted the words "bylaw land"

The Code does not cover on-street or off-street car
    parking control and enforcement led by local authorities
    and regulated by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984,
    the Road Traffic Act 1991 and the Traffic Management
    Act 2004. These are covered by detailed statutory control
    and regulation

however bylaws are mentioned in this paper http://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/Consultations/Scotland_Penalty_Clauses_-_BPA_response_28.02.17.pdf
    Last edited by pappa golf; 21-10-2017 at 6:33 PM.
    • stormhunter
    • By stormhunter 24th Oct 17, 1:40 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    stormhunter
    Dvla
    Should i still contact David Dundas at DVLA when this vehicle belongs to motability.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    • 54,084 Posts
    • 67,732 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I used to work with someone called Dundas who I heard ended up in prison!

You mean David Dunford, and yes you can complain, as you are the keeper of the Motability vehicle.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 24-10-2017 at 1:45 PM.

• stormhunter
    • By stormhunter 5th Feb 18, 4:29 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    stormhunter
    Hi it is now 5 months and 3 weeks since i had the PCN put on the windscreen. I sent the appeal 26 days after PCN to 2 Apcoa Email addresses and received receipts from each one and also posted the appeal on APCOAs appeal page. I have been dealing with my MP and even he is not getting replies from them. I have just received a NTK from APCOA dated 19/01/2018 on 4/02/2018 saying i have 28 days to pay the £100.Reason is Alleged contravention of FGW03 -parked in restricted area, Even though the Station Master says it is not, Can not find a record of this code any where.Paperwork says i can appeal within 28 days.

Can someone please advise me where i go from hear as it is really stressing my disabled wife out now.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Feb 18, 12:01 AM
    • 54,084 Posts
    • 67,732 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I have just received a NTK from APCOA dated 19/01/2018
    Appeal again then, as keeper (NOT DRIVER) using the template in the newbies thread.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Feb 18, 9:09 AM
    • 8,195 Posts
    • 7,524 Thanks
    The Deep
    Also please watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

then complain robustly to your MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,624Users online

Martin's Twitter