Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Malchester
    • By Malchester 16th Aug 17, 5:20 PM
    • 54Posts
    • 28Thanks
    Malchester
    Incredible priced package TalkTalk
    • 16th Aug 17, 5:20 PM
    Incredible priced package TalkTalk 16th Aug 17 at 5:20 PM
    Just thought I'd let you know that I managed to blag a deal with TalkTalk for £18.75 a month for 18 months to include unlimited broadband, line rental and all calls weekday, weekend and evening. Just threatened to leave and they gave me the deal.
Page 1
    • nainoo
    • By nainoo 16th Aug 17, 6:33 PM
    • 4,581 Posts
    • 9,687 Thanks
    nainoo
    • 16th Aug 17, 6:33 PM
    • 16th Aug 17, 6:33 PM
    You did well I was on a similar deal but did not bother to haggle , just moved up to their £25 a month deal but got a free sim worth £5 a month with 200 mins , unlimited texts and 500mb data a month for free and am a low user so at least that is my broadband and mobile bill sorted in one every month for £25

Are you on the 'fast broadband' up to 17mb or 'faster fibre' up to 38mb for that price as I have to be on fibre for my Grandson?

So because they were already reliable I just stuck with them for my fibre especially as I got the £5 a month mobile bundle for free as well ( so I kinda see it as £20 a month for my fibre broadband and £5 a month for my mobile )
    • Malchester
    • By Malchester 16th Aug 17, 9:10 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Malchester
    • 16th Aug 17, 9:10 PM
    • 16th Aug 17, 9:10 PM
    Just on ordinary fast broadband. Could have gone to fibre but the speed on fast broadband is more than adequate. TalkTalk customer service is appalling but their technical side is excellent. The deal comes with a £5 sim as well but haven't taken it as on a deal with virgin mobile £6 a month free texts and 2GB data
    • Infidel
    • By Infidel 17th Aug 17, 2:54 PM
    • 1,197 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    Infidel
    • 17th Aug 17, 2:54 PM
    • 17th Aug 17, 2:54 PM
    I'm still thinking of their line rental/'fibre broadband' and Skysports package for £35 a month. It seems a good deal especially since the cheapest SkySports alone deal I can find anywhere is over £20 a month anyway.
    Instigated terrorism the road to dictatorship.
    • ChrisH1
    • By ChrisH1 1st Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ChrisH1
    • 1st Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 1st Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    Just like to mention, in view of the general detestation of TalkTalk, that I too have taken a package of unlimited broadband of up to 42 mbps (actual is about 37 mbps) and land line, for £25 pm, price fixed for 24 months. I was on Virgin but had an unused BT landline.
    Activation was ahead of schedule, the router arrived promptly, and set up was faultless (no engineer visit required). This has run smoothly for over 4 months now.

I was also affered the free SIM (200 mins, 500Mb data). I ordered it through the 'Chat' system about a week ago despite not having enquired about it for 4 1/2 months (I'm not sure if they still offer it to new customers).
    The SIM arrived late Tuesday morning, and worked instantly. Obtaining the PAC from Virgin was like drawing teeth, but the number was transfered to TT, and was operative by noon Wednesday. Also, the Voice Mail worked instanly without any action from me (Something my wife and myself have been unable to do with Virgin despite numerous attempts). This is free as long as I have TT broadband.

With the money I've saved with the SIM, I decided to go the whole hog and have the landline calls package with TT (Unlimited calls to all UK landlines AND UK mobiles, 24/7) for £7.50 p.m. This I 'activated' myself on-line on Friday evening, and it was all up and running by midnight.

Okay, I haven't run into any problems yet but I have to say it's 10/10 all the way. I just hope this helps redress the the balance a little from the bad press TT seems to constantly get. Maybe Charles Dunstone's role at the company is helping things along.

P.S. My stepson and both my daughters have now moved to TT, and all are pleased with what they've got, my younger daughter having had a nightmare with Plusnet.
    • Steve_xx
    • By Steve_xx 1st Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 6,432 Posts
    • 2,682 Thanks
    Steve_xx
    • 1st Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 1st Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    Just on ordinary fast broadband. Could have gone to fibre but the speed on fast broadband is more than adequate. TalkTalk customer service is appalling but their technical side is excellent. The deal comes with a £5 sim as well but haven't taken it as on a deal with virgin mobile £6 a month free texts and 2GB data
    Originally posted by Malchester
    I reckon that's pretty good if you are getting all calls and a mobile SIM too, for £18.75 a month!
    • TalkTalk
      Verified User verified user
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 4th Oct 17, 8:50 AM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:50 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:50 AM
    Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear you feel let down by our customer service, if you need any help or support, you can chat with us online via our website, and we'll do our best to help you.

Thanks,

Charlotte -TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

252Posts Today

1,351Users online

Martin's Twitter