Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jmdnnlln
    • By jmdnnlln 16th Aug 17, 12:43 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 20Thanks
    jmdnnlln
    VERY...very very angry.
    • 16th Aug 17, 12:43 PM
    VERY...very very angry. 16th Aug 17 at 12:43 PM
    If anyone uses the VERY catalogue then beware it could affect your credit rating.

So today I'm informed my wife's credit report has dropped substantially.. Confused I dug a little deeper, it turns out my wife had no direct debit set up on her account, and although she has made numerous payments off any outstanding balance, NO MONEY was used to pay THE DELIVERY CHARGE!!.

That's right, pay as much off the account as much as you want, but they wont deduct it off the delivery charge.

Instead they list it as ARREARS..

What sort of company stuffs it's customers credit report like this WITHOUT any notification even though they have her email address?.

We are soon to be applying for a new mortgage on another property this is just too stupid beyond belief all for £6.99.
Page 2
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 24th Aug 17, 5:54 PM
    • 3,349 Posts
    • 1,775 Thanks
    MABLE
    UPDATE UPDATE

I bought the item today only to find out and confirmed by the retailer the remote control was faulty. Obviously its not meant to be so have will not now be purchasing the item.
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 24th Aug 17, 6:03 PM
    • 1,950 Posts
    • 3,095 Thanks
    k3lvc
    And todays award for best crashing of a post goes to

UPDATE UPDATE

I bought the item today only to find out and confirmed by the retailer the remote control was faulty. Obviously its not meant to be so have will not now be purchasing the item.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 24th Aug 17, 8:03 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    HampshireH
    If anyone uses the VERY catalogue then beware it could affect your credit rating.

So today I'm informed my wife's credit report has dropped substantially.. Confused I dug a little deeper, it turns out my wife had no direct debit set up on her account, and although she has made numerous payments off any outstanding balance, NO MONEY was used to pay THE DELIVERY CHARGE!!.

That's right, pay as much off the account as much as you want, but they wont deduct it off the delivery charge.

Instead they list it as ARREARS..

What sort of company stuffs it's customers credit report like this WITHOUT any notification even though they have her email address?.

We are soon to be applying for a new mortgage on another property this is just too stupid beyond belief all for £6.99.
    Originally posted by jmdnnlln
    I'm a bit confused by this post.

1) If she had paid the amount including the delivery charge then this would have been paid off. Obviously they aren't going to take payment for delivery before the item is paid off unless specifically instructed that a payment is being made for the delivery charge in addition to the monthly agreed payback amount.

2) VERY have always been very good at communicating I have found - as long as your contact details are up to date. I get emailed statements. They are all also stored on the online account.

Their T&Cs are very clear. They also state;

"We may put your statements and any other notices that we wish to send to you, or are required by law to send to you, such as notice of sums in arrears and notice of default sum, in the Transaction History of My Account on our website (or such other secure electronic location as we may notify to you). We will send you an e-mail to let you know when we do this. You agree that you consent to receive statements and notices in this way. Statements and notices will remain in My Account for up to 12 months after posting. We would recommend that you print off or save a copy and keep it secure. "

If they haven't met this commitment then you have an argument and I assume would pursue this as it would suggest she isn't receiving any statements - however If your wifes details aren't up to date or she ignored the email assuming she had paid then it really is her fault and nothing to do with Very.

3) Of course its "arrears" its an outstanding balance - what else would it be?

Again apologies but I cannot see where Very went wrong here.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 24th Aug 17, 8:54 PM
    • 7,679 Posts
    • 8,291 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    UPDATE UPDATE

Originally posted by MABLE
    Remote control and USB on a tumble dryer ????

• MABLE
    • By MABLE 25th Aug 17, 6:42 PM
    • 3,349 Posts
    • 1,775 Thanks
    MABLE
    Remote control and USB on a tumble dryer ????

Originally posted by AnotherJoe
    Me thinks you are getting confused with the OP. I obviously was not buying white goods. You silly billy.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 25th Aug 17, 6:43 PM
    • 3,349 Posts
    • 1,775 Thanks
    MABLE
    And todays award for best crashing of a post goes to
    Originally posted by k3lvc
    Thanks for that. Very much appreciated.
    Last edited by MABLE; 03-12-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    • jmdnnlln
    • By jmdnnlln 3rd Dec 17, 8:15 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    jmdnnlln
    Hi,

Not quite sure I understand your post.

Very add the delivery charge to the total cost of the goods you purchase, they dont separate them.

Makes no difference what payment method you use, can you clarify the events that led up to this ?
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    Nope YOUR WRONG.. I know it's been sometime since my post but again YOUR WRONG Very ask you to pay for delivery SEPARATE from the cost of the goods.

So if you make a payment YOU MUST make sure the delivery cost is met FIRST..

Or they claim you're in arrears.

I'ts all soretd now BTW they corrected the file
    • jmdnnlln
    • By jmdnnlln 3rd Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    jmdnnlln
    So not Very's fault at all then.

Just yours and the wife's understanding of the terms and conditions.......
    Originally posted by McKneff
    Err NO actually, They have ADMITTED the information wasnt very clear and have SINCE updated the page layout for better understanding..AND corrected my wife's credit file..all in all a good result!
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 3rd Dec 17, 8:32 PM
    • 2,740 Posts
    • 1,976 Thanks
    BoGoF
    Easy on the caps lock there fella
    • nobblyned
    • By nobblyned 3rd Dec 17, 9:31 PM
    • 663 Posts
    • 667 Thanks
    nobblyned
    BRILLIANT. Even if I don't believe a WORD you are saying.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 4th Dec 17, 12:16 AM
    • 12,724 Posts
    • 12,064 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Nope YOUR WRONG.. I know it's been sometime since my post but again YOUR WRONG Very ask you to pay for delivery SEPARATE from the cost of the goods.

So if you make a payment YOU MUST make sure the delivery cost is met FIRST..

Or they claim you're in arrears.

I'ts all soretd now BTW they corrected the file
    Originally posted by jmdnnlln
    You pay for the goods plus delivery, Fermi sums it up below.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 04-12-2017 at 7:59 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • fermi
    • By fermi 4th Dec 17, 9:03 AM
    • 39,322 Posts
    • 47,143 Thanks
    fermi
    The BNPL issue of not telling people about or allocating to the seperate delivery charge is an old one for Very (trading name of Shop Direct) with a fair few threads on here:

Random example:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4997977&page=2

+ also

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • fermi
    • By fermi 4th Dec 17, 9:12 AM
    • 39,322 Posts
    • 47,143 Thanks
    fermi

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

206Posts Today

1,280Users online

Martin's Twitter