Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bigphil1474
    • By Bigphil1474 15th Aug 17, 2:37 PM
    • 694Posts
    • 289Thanks
    Bigphil1474
    Fifa vs PES 2018
    • 15th Aug 17, 2:37 PM
    Fifa vs PES 2018 15th Aug 17 at 2:37 PM
    I've played FIFA for years on PS3 and PS4 - this year they've managed to break the straw on my back. It seems to be a good game for a few weeks after release, then they upgrade it, and it becomes naff. Too glitchy, bizarre AI behaviour, and sudden changes in form and results that appear to be scripted or at least written from a 5 year olds view of how football works.
    I bought a second hand copy of PES 2017 last month and have been trying it out and it seems okay. Certainly less 'throw your control down in anger due to inexplicable AI behaviour' moments. However, I prefer the club mode on Fifa whereas I've found the single player Master League mode on PES more enjoyable. Not sure how long that will last.
    The question is, are there any PES fans out there who have played multiplayer online mode to any extent and found it any good? Seem to have read more stuff on server issues with PES compared to EA sports. Or should I just play PES 2017 for a year, and hope the 5 year old who programmed Fifa 17 will know better by this time next year? Cheers
Page 1
    • CBaker
    • By CBaker 11th Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    CBaker
    • 11th Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    • 11th Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    PES 18 is a great game but continues to suffer from its previous problems of inconsistent goalies and modelling of weather conditions. If it rains, the players are slipping all over the place like they had one too many pints. The commentary continues to be irritating.
    • Bigphil1474
    • By Bigphil1474 12th Sep 17, 7:43 AM
    • 694 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    Bigphil1474
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:43 AM
    • 12th Sep 17, 7:43 AM
    Thanks for the update - yeah I found the commentary on 17 really annoying, especially when you went 4 goals up, I thought I'd won the national lottery the way he was going on. Is the over use of replays still an issue, with no option to turn them off?
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 12th Sep 17, 3:45 PM
    • 761 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    Dandytf
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:45 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:45 PM
    I preferred fifa demo rather than pes18 via ps4.

Though not comiitihng to a purchase yet.

Pes18 was very slow indeed.
    sc dmp 2012 13k

Jan 2017 7380 paid. 50% ish...
    • alan17
    • By alan17 15th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    alan17
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    What I would say is, if you are enjoying 2017, just play that! save some cash! If the player names and team names bother you there are option files to download that fixes this.

I always play both demo's but my loyalty to the master league sees me buy PES and very occasionally fifa as well. (though not for a few years)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,401Posts Today

8,053Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin