Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DollyPeach
    • By DollyPeach 13th Aug 17, 7:16 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 53Thanks
    DollyPeach
    PCN Admin Centre Notice to Keeper/Hirer
    • 13th Aug 17, 7:16 PM
    PCN Admin Centre Notice to Keeper/Hirer 13th Aug 17 at 7:16 PM
    I have just received a letter dated 8/8/17 (received 11/8/17) saying that I was issued a Parking Charge Notice on 12/6/17. Firstly, I was not the driver and was unaware of the PCN until I received the letter. After downloading a few format letters I came across this one:

• [If appealing against a notice to keeper] The notice to keeper is incorrect
    The Notice to Keeper failed to meet the obligations of Schedule 4 of the POFA Act 2012. [eg if the Notice to Keeper arrived late (after 15 days following the alleged parking office, or after 56 days following the issue of a parking charge notice on your windscreen].

12/6/17 to 11/8/17 is 60 days. Can I get this charge dismissed because it is over the 56 day specified time frame?
    Last edited by DollyPeach; 13-08-2017 at 7:46 PM.
Page 4
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 17, 12:46 AM
    • 50,755 Posts
    • 64,157 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yep that's better, and should be the winning point anyway!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• DollyPeach
    • By DollyPeach 3rd Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    DollyPeach
    Thank you all so much. Please have a virtual drink on me. I just got back from holiday and have an email saying my appeal was successful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    • 50,755 Posts
    • 64,157 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Wooohooo!!

I enjoyed your case: absolute scam-fighting at its best.

Can you copy & paste the POPLA decision into 'POPLA Decisions' please, putting in lots of paragraphs and removing the Assessor's name, but giving us the POPLA code and date of decision, please, to quote in future?

And put a link to this thread and state the name of the firm you beat, in the sticky thread for posterity.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• DollyPeach
    • By DollyPeach 4th Oct 17, 10:17 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    DollyPeach
    Can you copy & paste the POPLA decision into 'POPLA Decisions' please, putting in lots of paragraphs and removing the Assessor's name, but giving us the POPLA code and date of decision, please, to quote in future?

And put a link to this thread and state the name of the firm you beat, in the sticky thread for posterity.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    All done - thank you again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

3,299Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin