IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Admin Centre Notice to Keeper/Hirer

DollyPeach
DollyPeach Posts: 39 Forumite
edited 13 August 2017 at 6:46PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I have just received a letter dated 8/8/17 (received 11/8/17) saying that I was issued a Parking Charge Notice on 12/6/17. Firstly, I was not the driver and was unaware of the PCN until I received the letter. After downloading a few format letters I came across this one:

• [If appealing against a notice to keeper] The notice to keeper is incorrect
The Notice to Keeper failed to meet the obligations of Schedule 4 of the POFA Act 2012. [eg if the Notice to Keeper arrived late (after 15 days following the alleged parking office, or after 56 days following the issue of a parking charge notice on your windscreen].

12/6/17 to 11/8/17 is 60 days. Can I get this charge dismissed because it is over the 56 day specified time frame?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    After downloading a few format letters I came across...

Downloading what new format letters? Not the AWFUL ones in the MSE 'article'?! Noooo. Stick with the NEWBIES thread till MSE get up to speed on not helping MSEers shoot themselves in the foot with weak - and worse, completely misconceived and dangerous to your wealth - appeals.

MSE doesn't even tell you that a PPC doesn't have to abide by the POFA if they choose not to, does it? The NEWBIES thread tells you that.

Which PPC (not ''PCN Admin Centre'', please). Which parking firm is noted as the client or 'creditor'?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hello Dolly

Just checking - the date on the letter was 8/8/17 rather than 8/7/17 as stated in your post?

Also, with the letter having the title "Notice to Keeper / Hirer", please let us know if you're the registered keeper or if the vehicle is hired from a lease company.
  • Hi Edna,

Sorry about that, yes 8/8/17 (I have edited my post).

I thought my husband was the registered keeper but it appears that I am otherwise the letter would have gone to him.
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Downloading what new format letters? Not the AWFUL ones in the MSE 'article'?! Noooo. Stick with the NEWBIES thread till MSE get up to speed on not helping MSEers shoot themselves in the foot with weak - and worse, completely misconceived and dangerous to your wealth - appeals.

MSE doesn't even tell you that a PPC doesn't have to abide by the POFA if they choose not to, does it? The NEWBIES thread tells you that.

Which PPC (not ''PCN Admin Centre'', please). Which parking firm is noted as the client or 'creditor'?

I can't remember where I downloaded the format letters from.

Key Parking Solutions Ltd are the Creditor.

I tried to post a link to the letter but because I am a new user it won't allow me to.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Congrats, you've got a PCN from a new (TINY!) firm we've never heard of, but the BMPA has:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Key_Parking_Solutions.html

LOL, small fry, with a penchant for garish yellow:

http://www.keyparkingsolutions.co.uk/

Have fun beating them at POPLA, as they are a BPA member. Should be a cinch. Don't download any letters, go by the NEWBIES thread (post #1 for first appeal, then post #3 for POPLA template points).
  • DollyPeach
    DollyPeach Posts: 39 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2017 at 7:41PM
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Congrats, you've got a PCN from a new (TINY!) firm we've never heard of, but the BMPA has:

LOL, small fry, with a penchant for garish yellow:

Have fun beating them at POPLA, as they are a BPA member. Should be a cinch. Don't download any letters, go by the NEWBIES thread (post #1 for first appeal, then post #3 for POPLA template points).

So I have copied the Template appeal for BPA members text into an email which I will send to the ipaymypcn.net email address. They didn't actually threaten court - "Creditor has the right to recover unpaid parking charges and any additonal charges associated with recovery".

I have edited the relevant sentence in the letter to "Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of recovery for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me." Will this be OK?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Yes, certainly, you can edit it how you want, as long as you don't say who was driving.

The whole exercise is to get a POPLA code. If the firm write back asking who was driving, ignore it and wait for the rejection letter and POPLA code.
  • So this is the reply that I received from my 1st appeal. Are they just trying to rattle me?

"Good morning,

Thank you for your online submission, your comments have been noted accordingly.

Please be advised that the time to appeal has now passed. When appealing a Parking Charge Notice it must be done within the first 28 days of receiving the ticket.

It is the driver's responsibility to always ensure that they adhere to the terms and conditions displayed on the site. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions you must seek alternative parking. Because your ticket did not cover the full duration of your stay, you did not adhere to the terms and conditions displayed and therefore you have been issued this Parking Charge Notice correctly.

We work solely on our client's instruction and that is to pursue the outstanding balance of £124. If no payment is received by the 30/08/17 the account will be left to progress and further charges may apply.

Kind regards,"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You did appeal to the PPC? (That letter looks to have come from a debt collector??)
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 August 2017 at 2:41PM
    Quentin wrote: »
    You did appeal to the PPC? (That letter looks to have come from a debt collector??)

So I have copied the Template appeal for BPA members text into an email which I will send to the ipaymypcn.net email address.

"terms and conditions"

Website usage Terms and Conditions

Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our privacy policy govern ZZPS's relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.

The term ‘ZZPS’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ. The owner of the website is ZZPS Limited
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family