Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nellyw
    • By Nellyw 12th Aug 17, 11:31 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Nellyw
    NCP - Too late to appeal
    • 12th Aug 17, 11:31 AM
    NCP - Too late to appeal 12th Aug 17 at 11:31 AM
    Hi, I just found a letter from NCP saying that they issued a PCN against the registered owner of the car on 7th June. I'm the registered owner but other people have the authority to drive the car. Basically someone got a PCN at a train station and never said anything. Anyway, I have this letter now from NCP dated 15th Aug saying the charge of £100 is due and it's 28 days since the keeper letter was sent (I didn't see that one). I'll sort the driver out but do I have a chance to appeal cancel this or is it too late?

Thx in advance!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Aug 17, 2:37 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 16,999 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Aug 17, 2:37 PM
    • 12th Aug 17, 2:37 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this issue in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Go there now to learn about the game you are caught up in.

You are too late to appeal and are in the debt collectors stage (see the FAQ)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Aug 17, 9:58 PM
    • 50,584 Posts
    • 63,970 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Aug 17, 9:58 PM
    • 12th Aug 17, 9:58 PM
    I'll sort the driver out but do I have a chance to appeal cancel this or is it too late?
    Why would you sort the driver out? They've done nothing wrong, except they should have shown you the fake PCN, for you to appeal, if one was ever put on the car.

It's only a fake PCN from NCP, ignore it if too late to appeal.

Please read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread about ignoring debt collector tedious letters (no updates on those letters, please, seen them, you can see them too by reading the NEWBIES thread or Google searching for images if the usual boring letter chain of drivel).

It can't affect your credit rating and is not something to be paid. NCP are not litigious.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Nellyw
    • By Nellyw 13th Aug 17, 8:03 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Nellyw
    • 13th Aug 17, 8:03 AM
    NCP - too late for appeal
    • 13th Aug 17, 8:03 AM
    Ok thx guys, all read up. I'll ignore the letters that are bound to follow and see where it goes.

As for sorting out- don't worry I just meant telling me they got a windscreen PCN that's all.

Great work on the site and apologies for not finding the answer myself by deeper searching.

Searching 'NCP' really helped me find some good info.
    • Nellyw
    • By Nellyw 7th Oct 17, 9:26 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Nellyw
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:26 AM
    Update ZZPS
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:26 AM
    Quick update. Received the debt collector letter this week from ZZPS. Obviously ignored it but they also got my mobile no. From somewhere as well the cheeky mares! 😀 So now I'm getting texts as well. Also ignored!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 16,999 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    Block them on your phone!

No need to be concerned about debt collectors or post about them. Come back if you get a LBCCA or court correspondence. The newbies faq thread (#2) covers dealing with court and preparing a defence

See this thread on ignoring debt collectors:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,226Posts Today

8,058Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Hurrah! The ASA's ruled against 2 fake Facebook ads using my image https://t.co/GvNrqDPOC5 tho Facebook still shows others

• PS Today's poll is obviously inspired by the real question I was asked and tweeted about last night.

• Not all firms have panels and HR teams. There are many very small businesses out there without such resources :) https://t.co/cLo0zO7Yqu

• Follow Martin