Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • px3ltd
    • By px3ltd 11th Aug 17, 2:59 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 16Thanks
    px3ltd
    ZZPS collect debt on behalf of BridgePAM who did not send NTK
    • 11th Aug 17, 2:59 PM
    ZZPS collect debt on behalf of BridgePAM who did not send NTK 11th Aug 17 at 2:59 PM
    Dear all,

A window ticket was issued on 03 May, and on day 56 a "Notice to Keeper/Hirer" arrived. However, this "NTK" was not from BridgePAM, the company who issued the window ticket, but from another BPA member named ZZPS (the written name on the letter is PCN Admin Centre).

After checking this letter, we found ZZPS was sending the letter on behalf of BridgePAM to collect the payment.

We then sent out an appeal/challenge letter based on the blue words template in NEWBIES, adding a couple of more items cited as following:

"1. The 'Notice to Keeper' letter you sent on 26 June 2017 did not have any proof i.e. photos of the unauthorised parking. As you stated in the NTK that you are a member of British Parking Association, this ticket has been issued in contravention of BPA code of practice. 20.5a “When issuing a parking charge notice you may use photographs as evidence that a vehicle was parked in an unauthorised way. The photographs must refer to and confirm the incident which you claim was unauthorised. A date and time stamp should be included on the photograph. All photographs used for evidence should be clear and legible and must not be retouched or digitally altered.”

2. As shown on BPA membership page, you have no authority to issue ticket and impose statutory penalties. (http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators). Any further payment demands from you or your agents could be construed as harassment and I will consider the options open to me in that regard, including reporting your actions to the British Parking Association, Trading Standards and the DVLA for unfair commercial practice."

We also mentioned no consent to process data and denied liability for any sum at all.

A few days later after sending the letter, ZZPS but not BridgePAM replied like this:

"Please be advised that our client obtained your details, with reasonable cause from the DVLA. on 21 June 2017.
    Please note, our client is not relying on POFA 2012 to pursue this outstanding parking charge notice.
    Photographic evidence can be found online at
    www.ipaymypcn.net to support the contravention and to show that a parking charge notice was affixed to the vehicle.
    Your vehicle was unauthorised to park and therefore a parking charge notice was issued correctly. As no valid appeal was received within the time period, it is not too late to accept an appeal on this ticket.
    To clarify, ZZPS Ltd work solely on our clients instructions and do not issue parking charge notices.
    Our client is a member of the British Parking Association (BPA) and all signage at the site is full approved by the BPA
    . "

My questions:
    1. If BridgePAM who is the ticket issuer is not relying on POFA2012 to pursue the charge, do I have a great reason to complain to BPA that its member's breaching POFA2012 and BPA CoP?

2. Since ZZPS only states its role as debt collector, do I need to response by restating that I deny all liability and ask them not to write again, or just simply ignore the letters?

3. Any other comments or suggestions are warmly welcome. My target is to cancel the ticket and stop them from writing to me.

Many thanks!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Aug 17, 3:12 PM
    • 16,540 Posts
    • 20,699 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Aug 17, 3:12 PM
    1) , NO , because no company has to follow POFA2012, it is not mandatory, its optional

2) IGNORE zzps

3) not going to happen , not unless you get the landholder to cancel it

they have 6 years to try a court claim

in the meantime , there is NOTHING you can do to stop the letters

but no NTK = NO keeper liability , they failed POFA2012 and would lose in court , as long as the driver was not identified
    Last edited by Redx; 11-08-2017 at 3:16 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Aug 17, 3:12 PM
    • 51,532 Posts
    • 65,134 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    just simply ignore the letters?
    No. You should have been given a POPLA code. Bridge PAM are BPA members:

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators

Bridge Security (CCTV) Ltd trading as Bridge Property Asset Management

Send a complaint email to:

aos@britishparking.co.uk

and copy in:

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Complain that you have appealed to a NTK, the first you knew of any PCN, and as registered keeper you were reasonably expecting a POPLA code, if the appeal was rejected. Instead, the notoriously anti-consumer nasties, ZZPS, have pretended that NTK stage is 'too late' for a keeper to appeal.

Insist this is a BPA CoP and POPLA breach. INSIST on a POPLA code.

It's good that they are not relying on the POFA, but in that case they cannot pass liability to you but still have to allow you access to POPLA.

Get angry abut it and don't accept a fob-off from the BPA's finest, Thomas or Joanne et al.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 11th Aug 17, 3:20 PM
    • 16,540 Posts
    • 20,699 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Aug 17, 3:20 PM
    • 11th Aug 17, 3:20 PM
    as above, just make sure the complaint is about the above and not what you thought earlier

ie:- no NTK issued , no option to appeal to popla

BRIDGE cannot shirk their responsibilities as a BPA AOS member and ZZPS are pulling the wool over your eyes

enclose copies or scans of ALL paperwork, and add a time line of events too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 11th Aug 17, 3:56 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 3,092 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 11th Aug 17, 3:56 PM
    • 11th Aug 17, 3:56 PM
    There has been a few "no NTK's" in recent weeks - the common factor is ZZPS who we know given "excellent suggestions" according to the BPA
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Aug 17, 4:08 PM
    • 16,540 Posts
    • 20,699 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Aug 17, 4:08 PM
    • 11th Aug 17, 4:08 PM
    ZZPS are lying sc@mmers who were caught up in the health workers saga in Cardiff court recently

to fight them please donate to

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/nhsvindigo
    Newbies !!
    • px3ltd
    • By px3ltd 12th Aug 17, 1:35 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    px3ltd
    • 12th Aug 17, 1:35 AM
    • 12th Aug 17, 1:35 AM
    Thanks all for the great advices! I will send complaint to BPA and DVLA.

Will update the outsome then.

Have a great weekend!
    • px3ltd
    • By px3ltd 14th Sep 17, 6:41 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    px3ltd
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:41 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:41 PM
    Hi all,

I have sent complaint to BPA and DVLA about no Ntk and no POPLA option when I appeal to ZZPS and BridgePAM.

BPA then asked for some details but no further reply for about two weeks.

Yesterday we got a solicitor letter on behalf of ZZPS!!! The letter says that the solicitor has been instructed by ZZPS who are acting on behalf of BridgePAM in connection with the recovery of the debt!!! Again - they are now using solicitor to collect debt, when BPA is still investigating the case.

They even threaten to take litigation steps with possible consequence of County Court Judgment (CCJ). Do you encounter such case before? Shall I raise a further complaint to BPA and DVLA?
    Shall I ignore the solicitor letter or take other actions?

Thanks in advance!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    • 33,252 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    From what you have quoted the sol letter is just a debt collectors threats,

Ignore it
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Sep 17, 7:18 PM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Wright Hassall Solicitors by chance? Letter signed by Tim Hawker?

Whoever it was from - yes, a further set of complaints, to the BPA and David Dunford again.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    • 6,342 Posts
    • 8,150 Thanks
    beamerguy
    px3ltd

You need to fully understand this scam.

You have received a parking charge from BridgePAM
    They instructed ZZPS to chase you in the capacity of
    Debt Collection
    ZZPS act only on behalf of BridgePAM in an attempt
    to extort money from you.

If ZZPS fail in their scamming tactics to extort money
    from you, the so called debt is not theirs, it belongs to
    BridgePAM and BridgePAM ONLY

ZZPS are not in a position to instruct solicitors as any
    so called debt does not belong to them

If BridgePAM sold the so called debt to ZZPS there would
    be a severe Data Breach by BridgePAM and BridgePAM
    would face severe penalties

To sell a debt to a third party requires notification from
    BridgePAM to you and a letter from ZZPS that they have
    purchased the debt

None of this has happened and it won't

Therefore, ZZPS are talking out of their little hole where
    the sun don't shine, they are well known for their utter cr*p

The concerning think about this is the solicitor who gets
    involved called Wright Hassall ?

Wright Hassall allow their letterhead to be pimped out
    to these debt collector idiots ZZPS and one must one wonder
    why they do this.

My guess is that Wright Hassall is a failing firm of solicitors
    whose core business is down so they resort to the scammers
    involved in the Parking Industry

Take ZZPS with a pinch of salt, they truly are worthless
    Last edited by beamerguy; 14-09-2017 at 9:20 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • px3ltd
    • By px3ltd 19th Sep 17, 1:21 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    px3ltd
    Thanks everyone! I dropped an email to complain. Let's see how BPA gets back.
    • px3ltd
    • By px3ltd 8th Oct 17, 9:29 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    px3ltd
    Hi,

Just an update after further complaining to BPA.

They investigated and gave the reply as follows:

"In regards to your complaint that a POPLA verification code was not supplied to you within the appeal rejection, ZZPS advise that the agent who issued the letter made an error and indeed did not include this within the rejection. In light of this error, ZZPS have made the decision revert back to the appeals stage and issue another rejection letter to you (including a POPLA verification code) so that you will have the opportunity to appeal further to POPLA should you wish to do so.

ZZPS reassure us that the importance of reviewing communications correctly has been reiterated their staff members in order to prevent reoccurrences of this error.

In relation to your complaint that BridgePAM sold the debt to ZZPS, we have been advised by ZZPS that they do not purchase debt and the creditor remains as BridgePAM as detailed within the correspondence that has previously been sent to you."

It has been about 10 days since the reply, but no rejection letter with POPLA code sent from ZZPS or BridgePAM. Is ZZPS still allowed by the CoP to reset the status to appeal and issue an POPLA code after their staff mistakenly forgot to send me one after my initial appeal more than two months ago??

Thanks.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    • 6,342 Posts
    • 8,150 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi,

Just an update after further complaining to BPA.

They investigated and gave the reply as follows:

"In regards to your complaint that a POPLA verification code was not supplied to you within the appeal rejection, ZZPS advise that the agent who issued the letter made an error and indeed did not include this within the rejection. In light of this error, ZZPS have made the decision revert back to the appeals stage and issue another rejection letter to you (including a POPLA verification code) so that you will have the opportunity to appeal further to POPLA should you wish to do so.

ZZPS reassure us that the importance of reviewing communications correctly has been reiterated their staff members in order to prevent reoccurrences of this error.

In relation to your complaint that BridgePAM sold the debt to ZZPS, we have been advised by ZZPS that they do not purchase debt and the creditor remains as BridgePAM as detailed within the correspondence that has previously been sent to you."

It has been about 10 days since the reply, but no rejection letter with POPLA code sent from ZZPS or BridgePAM. Is ZZPS still allowed by the CoP to reset the status to appeal and issue an POPLA code after their staff mistakenly forgot to send me one after my initial appeal more than two months ago??

Thanks.
    Originally posted by px3ltd
    I am at loss to understand this.
    BridgePAM issued the ticket and they are the ones who
    isuue a POPLA code.

ZZPS are simply debt collectors and as they state they do not
    purchase debts, ZZPS are employed only by the PPC to harass
    the motorist.

If BridgePAM want to ignore the CoP, that is their problem.
    However, in court, a judge would not be impressed that
    you have not been given the opportunity to appeal

As far as "they forgot to issue a code" does not give them
    carte blanche to back track to suit themselves

Remember that PPC's won't budge if a motorist forgets
    to enter a reg number in somewhere like Lidl

BridgePAM timed out

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Oct 17, 11:07 AM
    • 7,648 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    pappa golf
    what about the sanction points for failing to issue a popla code?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    • 6,342 Posts
    • 8,150 Thanks
    beamerguy
    what about the sanction points for failing to issue a popla code?
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    You are talking about the BPA here, completely useless
    and totally defunct

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Oct 17, 11:16 AM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    It’s always a bit rich that a PPC makes a (fundamental in this case) error, is then exonerated via:
    Yet a motorist makes a slight error (often no error at all), and *bang*, a £100 penalty, with up to 6 years of hassle, debt collectors, possibly even court if they don’t pay up.

Seems to me that the balance is not quite right somehow!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • px3ltd
    • By px3ltd 11th Oct 17, 11:30 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    px3ltd
    Thanks all for your comments. If either ZZPS or BridgePAM now feels "timed out" for a POPLA, then I will not expect for a further letter from them. Finger cross nothing happens next. Let me update you then.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Oct 17, 11:40 AM
    • 6,342 Posts
    • 8,150 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Thanks all for your comments. If either ZZPS or BridgePAM now feels "timed out" for a POPLA, then I will not expect for a further letter from them. Finger cross nothing happens next. Let me update you then.
    Originally posted by px3ltd
    I think it best you clear your mind on this

The so called creditor is BridgePAM and it is them who
    will take it further.

ZZPS are NOT the creditor and their only "jobsworth"
    in life is to harass people on behalf of the PPC.

Apart from that ZZPS are meaniningless

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,761Users online

Martin's Twitter