Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Aug 17, 4:56 PM
    • 5,823Posts
    • 19,612Thanks
    missymoo81
    Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary
    • 10th Aug 17, 4:56 PM
    Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary 10th Aug 17 at 4:56 PM
    Right debts are at an all time high! House is an all time mess!!!!! I'm going to put the two credit cards onto a single 0% card (hopefully) and try and pay it all off in 2 years! Which means hefty payments of £340 a month!! I CAN do it.
    And to get me started I am going to spend only £10 per week on shopping for the next 6 weeks!!!!! OH is away working so it's just me DD 4yr old May and DS 5yr old Roo to feed.

I have MASSES of food in all cupboards, freezers and fridge!

Along side this I need to get the house sorted, img my house is a mess, just stuff everywhere, Everything needs a good clean and a good declutter!

So who's with me?!

Will write a meal plan and shopping list for Monday later! And to keep myself accountable I will update daily!

Much love

Missy
    Last edited by missymoo81; 12-08-2017 at 8:02 AM.
Page 37
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 9th Oct 17, 3:01 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,612 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Thank you Greenbee, such a lovely long informative post, Am reading through and taking notes and seeing what I can do X
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 9th Oct 17, 3:38 PM
    • 12,156 Posts
    • 215,402 Thanks
    greenbee
    Procrastination on my part Am avoiding some work as I need to be in the right mood for it.

Check out meetup as well. Sometimes there are interesting things on there.

Don't try to do too many new things at once - as with the kids you don't want to overwhelm yourself, but try to build one new habit and see where it takes you.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 9th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,612 Thanks
    missymoo81
    We'll have achieved my first day of habit forming Snd have unloaded the dishwasher as soon as it had finished. Spent all afternoon cleaning for want of something else to do, so downstairs looks really nice. Upstairs however looks like a bomb had hit it, although have done one load of washing and put yesterday's washing away.
    Last edited by missymoo81; 09-10-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 9th Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 22,991 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Hope you're okay Missy you sound really fed up these last few days x
    DFW £1388.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £511.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Oct 17, 6:37 AM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,612 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Work all day today so won't be much to report.
    Thanks Hidden, I'm ok, just feeling a bit Bleugh and tired at the moment. The weather doesn't help.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Oct 17, 7:00 AM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,612 Thanks
    missymoo81
    And actually spent £5.82 yesterday in shopping not £5.65. I got milk , bread, cheese and bananas. Should have got more but just couldn't be bothered and was in Tesco not aldi, I'll go later in the week if we need anything.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 10th Oct 17, 8:45 AM
    • 1,395 Posts
    • 3,570 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    What brilliant ideas from Greenbee .

I finished that going for a walk (and walking as fast as I physically can) is great for stress, low mood, loneliness and helped me lose two stone too . Even if you dont speak to anyone you see people. In a park or the country is best as nature refreshes the soul.

I also work from home which can be lonely, although DH is with me all the time which helps.

Hope you feel more cheerful soon missy .
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt at highest = £58,766
    Current debt = £16,234, Emergency Fund = £200
    Long Hauler No. 156 Spendaholics Anonymous No. 47
    • 117pauline
    • By 117pauline 10th Oct 17, 9:43 AM
    • 322 Posts
    • 4,579 Thanks
    117pauline
    Morning Missy

Do you like reading magazines or listening to audio books? My local library gives access to over 100 magazines plus hundreds of audio and e-books. I know it doesn't answer the loneliness question but I find it gives me some company, especiallyduring the night.

Take care, have a good day
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 10th Oct 17, 11:18 AM
    • 12,156 Posts
    • 215,402 Thanks
    greenbee
    Hope you enjoy work today! Try to find the time for a coffee and a chat with your colleagues as it's good for you to have a break occasionally.
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 10th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 108 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hi Missy

I've been reading and keeping schtum, but cheering you on silently.

If you don't mind me prying, are you a forces family by any chance? I ask as I am, and I recognise some of your general-fed-up-ness and feeling like you might be lonely. DH goes away for months too, and we live apart during the week so even at the best of times, I get a lot of time to myself. Just to echo some of Greenbee's wonderful suggestions, I distract myself a lot with home work (not as in practicing maths, but working on furniture, decoration, changing layouts, cleaning). DH gets home after months away and doesn't recognise the place I work and commute a lot, but I also volunteer and have a sports team. The latter keep me sane more than they'll ever know!

LB x
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Oct 17, 6:50 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,612 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Hey lovely, no not a forces family, I was in the forces, and you're right it is very similar but my husband is an offshore worker on a boat. On adhoc duties which means he gets no notice of going away and isn't on a regular job so there's no continuity, he can be away for 5 weeks but only home for 2 etc.

I've been thinking about all of get lovely advice, and I think I'm going to join the library and get back into reading, and im going to join some fitness/exercise classes to meet some new people. It's something I enjoy so shouldn't be too difficult to make myself go. Undecided re work hours and volunteering at the school. That needs s bit more thought I think.

Basically I need to make myself do things instead of getting scared of meeting new people and talking myself out of it and then just doing and getting upset and lonely.

Work was ok today. Just had tea and small ones are watching tv. Need to do a workout in a minute.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Oct 17, 6:56 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,612 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Tomorrows list
    Book hair cut
    Try and find after school clubs
    Find out about swimming
    Look into fitness classes
    Get Garlic bread for dinner
    Take stuff Back
    Shower children
    Do washing
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 10th Oct 17, 7:04 PM
    • 12,156 Posts
    • 215,402 Thanks
    greenbee
    The library saves me a fortune. And the books get to go home rather than cluttering up my house...

Exercise classes mean that you have some social interaction but don't have to get involved. Having said that, I have a wonderful friend I met through classes at the gym around 15 years ago. Probably took us 5 years to get round to going for a coffee rather than just chatting in the queue though...

I should go for a walk. But I also have work to do as I'm getting perilously close to some deadlines (to be fair, I usually miss them). So may sit on the sofa and eat flapjacks instead.
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 10th Oct 17, 7:46 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    laurenh1
    My hub is forces its hard your partner going away especially if you work as well. Though im sure not working brings its own problems!!

I have given up on my jobs for today, I am on top of my washing and my house is tidy- ish- what more do you want struggling with washing while hub is away. It is taking a couple of days to fill the machine with little people clothes snd then a few days to dry because heating is still off- & I am runninh out of clothes haha!!
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 10th Oct 17, 7:59 PM
    • 1,364 Posts
    • 6,307 Thanks
    mary hinge
    I hope you are feeling alittle bit brighter today, alone time can be amazing but it can also be a curse if you have a head full of things to ponder. There are heaps of groups that would appreciate a helping hand.... does your library run on volunteers? any local "befriending" groups?

I tend to walk, some days 10miles if thats what it takes me to work through my thoughts, ponders and fears.

much love

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,612 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Thanks for posting Lauren and Greenbee, and Thank you so much for coming over to my diary Mary hinge! That's so kind, and thank you for the lovely words. I'm feeling a lot brighter now, think it's because work is done for today and I've felt like I've achieved something. Downstairs is still tidy and small ones were full of love when I picked them up. And now I have a plan I feel a lot better.

Thanks again everyone for putting up with my grumpy mood of the last few days and for being so encouraging and kind x
    • Treadingonplaymobil
    • By Treadingonplaymobil 11th Oct 17, 5:33 AM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 9,341 Thanks
    Treadingonplaymobil
    Glad you're feeling a bit chirpier. Feeling like I'm achieving stuff makes so much difference to my mood too.
    £67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed... The debt free diary of one family and their enormous debt
    LBM debt on 12th Feb 2017/DFD: £58,608.13/1st Dec 2026
    debt on 2nd Aug 17/DFD: £55,011.96/1st May 2025
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 11th Oct 17, 6:16 AM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,612 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Thanks TOPM. Thank you for coming over, I do so love your diary.
    Trying to fill my day with bus and pieces today, but will still be on my own, asked the company of a friend but she's busy . Going to take some bits back in the city and treat myself to a coffee, a small vice, which makes em stupidly happy!

I hope you all have a good day.
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 11th Oct 17, 6:57 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Enjoy your coffee. Spend a bit , save a bit you still need to live. Its no fun watching every penny, just most lol. I have saved all year to go away for a few days in Dec and i intend to enjoy it xx
    • Purplebonnie
    • By Purplebonnie 11th Oct 17, 7:23 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    Purplebonnie
    I am glad to hear you sounding a bit better, loneliness and a low mood can become a vicious cycle. I go along with other comments on here with the library being a fantastic place to start with club hunting, finding out what is going on locally, coffee mornings etc. Take care x
    September 2017 Total Debt £37188.89 / DFD 01/05/22
    October 2017 Debt £36149.48 / DFD 01/04/22
    Extra Payments : 0.1% = £37.19 Total paid 0.3%
    MBNA - £5350.73

October Food Budget : £200/£114.94 Extra Income £100 /£81.06
    SFD : 8/31 Weight Loss (Goal 8lbs) :
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,126Posts Today

8,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin