Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Aug 17, 4:56 PM
    • 5,748Posts
    • 19,858Thanks
    missymoo81
    Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary
    • 10th Aug 17, 4:56 PM
    Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary 10th Aug 17 at 4:56 PM
    Right debts are at an all time high! House is an all time mess!!!!! I'm going to put the two credit cards onto a single 0% card (hopefully) and try and pay it all off in 2 years! Which means hefty payments of £340 a month!! I CAN do it.
    And to get me started I am going to spend only £10 per week on shopping for the next 6 weeks!!!!! OH is away working so it's just me DD 4yr old May and DS 5yr old Roo to feed.

I have MASSES of food in all cupboards, freezers and fridge!

Along side this I need to get the house sorted, img my house is a mess, just stuff everywhere, Everything needs a good clean and a good declutter!

So who's with me?!

Will write a meal plan and shopping list for Monday later! And to keep myself accountable I will update daily!

Much love

Missy
    Last edited by missymoo81; 12-08-2017 at 8:02 AM.
Page 35
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 7:13 AM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    I have no idea how you cope getting up so early Id be so grumpy lol. Im gonna look at getting a dehumidifier. Although heating went on last night so im expecting dry washing this morning.
    We are off swimming later �� Im with you about how important it is. Costs us a lot but its one thing im happy to shell out for. Its safety and I think it must be hard to learn as an adult xz
    Originally posted by laurenh1
    I go to bed early Lauren, it's the only way I cope! And pretty much giving up alcohol has helped! Even 1-2 glasses of wine makes me groggy and grumpy in the morning. Yaaay for clean washing! Washing daily has really helped. Although dreading doing the bedding and sheets again!

I really need to sort out swimming, will try for after half term.

Not sure what to do today, need to get out of the house, desperately need a hair wash though, and really can't be bothered, Will obviously but have a mass of curly hair and it's not much fun.
    Shopping day tomorrow, managing to eek out the milk!
    Last edited by missymoo81; 08-10-2017 at 7:17 AM.
    • Purplebonnie
    • By Purplebonnie 8th Oct 17, 7:33 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 577 Thanks
    Purplebonnie
    I'm early bird too. I work from home so am often working at 0500 (in bed with hubby providing copious amounts of tea!) but it gives me time later in the day to do what I want to do. I get fed up in winter with washing hanging around everywhere but I am not going to use the dryer as all the fires have put me off as well as the money side. Have a good Sunday.
    September 2017 Total Debt £37188.89 / DFD 01/05/22
    October 2017 Debt £36149.48 / DFD 01/04/22
    Extra Payments : 0.1% = £37.19 Total paid 0.3%
    MBNA - £5350.73

October Food Budget : £200/£114.94 Extra Income £100 /£81.06
    SFD : 8/31 Weight Loss (Goal 8lbs) :
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 8:03 AM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    I'm early bird too. I work from home so am often working at 0500 (in bed with hubby providing copious amounts of tea!) but it gives me time later in the day to do what I want to do. I get fed up in winter with washing hanging around everywhere but I am not going to use the dryer as all the fires have put me off as well as the money side. Have a good Sunday.
    Originally posted by Purplebonnie
    Hey PurpleBonnie, lovely to see you! I do love getting up early, late nights really aren't my thing, unfortunately OH is the exact opposite! So we have many an argument as to what a suitable time for bed is. But he doesn't wake up until 7 so he has 2 hours on me. So I'm ready for bed at 9.30 and he wants to stay up until 11.30!

Ok so I think we'll have porridge or waffles for breakfast...
    Maybe doing a roast for lunch
    And probably something on toast for dinner...

It's really grey and full here so don't really fancy doing anything.
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 8th Oct 17, 8:11 AM
    • 5,285 Posts
    • 18,588 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Morning Missy,

Have a lovely day today x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £7000.00 Cap 1: £457.35 BC: £5000.00

AFD 0/10 NSD 0/10 LTW 0/10
    POAMAYC 2018 #?? PD £0.00/£4000
    20p Savers 2017 £2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 11 2018 #003
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 8:12 AM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Morning Missy,

Have a lovely day today x
    Originally posted by Purplemumof2
    Thanks lovey x
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 8th Oct 17, 8:30 AM
    • 266 Posts
    • 2,280 Thanks
    laurenh1
    I go to bed about 10 but then stay up on my phone/ reading til 10.30. I say hub can stay up as late as he likes as long as it doesnt affect our day and he gets up. Many a day hes been up til 2 then up at 6 with the kids haha. My biggest problem is getting up with my youngest at 3ish if he wakes and not getting back to sleep. We are going scotland in december our firsy time over night without the boys and we keep joking we will just sleep lol !! Ol was seriously poorly when he was born and i was up all one night in Labour and thr whole next night sat next tp him in intensive care , I bet over 7 days I might have had 12 hours sleep and none at at all the first couple of nights, its suprising how you can function!!xx
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 9:41 AM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Bless you, both my babies didn't sleep, I'm not exaggerating that they woke 3-4 times a night for 9 months each. And in the first 3 months, a lot of nights I got 2 hours sleep, literally. The worst nights were 2 hours of broken sleep, as May would feed for half an hour then fall asleep, then it would take me half an hour to get to sleep, then she would wake up again 15 minutes later!!!! Absolutely crazy time! But you do function, all be it in a bit of a fog!

Right so mixed washing is in the machine, Other washing has been put away, banana porridge made and eaten!
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 8th Oct 17, 10:02 AM
    • 2,233 Posts
    • 10,694 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Banana porridge

You're right missy that if you get woken at 5.30am then you need an early night. In about ten years time when they're teenagers you won't be able to get them out of bed in the morning. You should wake them up at 5.30am as revenge

It's finally stopped raining here and the sun has even come out so if I get a wash on quick I might be able to dry it outside . We've got a tumble dryer but I refuse to use it and the heatings not on yet because its still quite mild here.

Hope you have a good day missy, I hate washing my hair too
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = £818/Emergency Fund 2 = £203.76
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 8th Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    • 4,230 Posts
    • 26,461 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Reading this makes me feel lucky with mine! They have always slept well, apart from youngest obviously. The older two do a good 12 hours and I still have to wake them

Hope you manage to get all the bedding washed and dried.

Anymore plans for today?
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Mine go to bed fine and sleep for around 11 hours now and don't wake up too often I guess. And they never play up to go to bed, they've always been good with it.

Not sure on plan today, inviting my nan and grandad round for Sunday lunch but they had plans, just as well really as would have meant a mad dash to aldi and big tidy up. But I've just had a shower, smalls are playing on their iPads. Think more coffee is needed, tired today! Weather is miserable, don't think we'll end up venturing out.
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 8th Oct 17, 11:42 AM
    • 2,244 Posts
    • 14,282 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Oh missy, I wish mine would sleep for 11hrs.

Have a lovely day whatever you do. Let's hope the weather brightens up for you.
    Nothing gets better until you get better.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 8th Oct 17, 11:51 AM
    • 4,230 Posts
    • 26,461 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    The weather is awful isn't it? I need to cook a roast too.

Think I'm going to get my ebay listing done why the weather is so miserable.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    The weather is awful isn't it? I need to cook a roast too.

Think I'm going to get my ebay listing done why the weather is so miserable.
    Originally posted by Hiddenidenity
    Well the roast have fallen by the weigh side as children want the left over burgers from last night for dinner?! Strange request, but I'm happy to use up the left overs! Going to stand in the lounge and do my ironing in a bit whilst smalls watch a film in there too. When these go to bed tonight that is when my eBay mission begins! I'm going to try and list 25 things. The least I want to do is 20. Depends how bored I get!

Still trying to tidy, have most of the day tomorrow to do it, so will try and do as much as I can today, need to go shopping too. List keeps changing but still under £10.

eBay sales are at about £37, still a few hours left, would love to get to £50 as really need to make the £200 by the end of the month!

Current shopping list for tomorrow... but will probably change when I actually go in there!

Chedder £3.89? Guessing this as unsure how much the big block value chedder is as MYsupermarket isn't showing it?!
    Milk £1.98
    Bananas 0.48p
    Bread 0.72p 2 X value
    Macaroni 56p
    Tomato puree 37p
    Spaghetti 20p
    Baked beans 23p
    Tinned tomatoes 29p
    Passata 35p
    Wraps 69p
    Eggs X 10 79p
    £10.55

Obv over, know I had a bit left over from last week, will Check how much.
    Last edited by missymoo81; 08-10-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 12:23 PM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Ok just checked last weeks receipts and actually spent 80p on bananas in Tesco, actually thought it was 90p but receipt says otherwise, and I spent £8.42 in aldi, so that came to £9.22 last week.which leaves me with 78p to carry over to next week. So £10.55 is doable.

In desperate need of razors and hair dye. As in desperate. So going to go through OH's change jar and see if i can find any 20ps to cobble together to make the £3.50 I need. Fingers crossed... I look like a greying yeti! And naturally dark brown hair shows up quite a lot on my pale skin!!!!!! Thank goodness OH isn't here to see!
    Last edited by missymoo81; 08-10-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 8th Oct 17, 1:33 PM
    • 2,233 Posts
    • 10,694 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    We are lucky to have lovely sunshine here today, to make up for yesterday's all day rain and gloom.

Your shopping list sounds good. Hair dye is expensive hope DH has enough in his change jar
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    We are lucky to have lovely sunshine here today, to make up for yesterday's all day rain and gloom.

Your shopping list sounds good. Hair dye is expensive hope DH has enough in his change jar
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    Yaay for sunshine hairy. Feel wrong talking about razors right next to your name.... But.. I can get razors from the £1 shop and hair dye from B&M for £2.50. If they have it its not amazing and they don't have lots of colours but does cover my greys for a time.

Hurrah, OH's change jar came up trumps! Who in their right mind puts 50ps in a change jar!!!! Got 4 of those out and some 20s and 10s. Left - few 50ps in there for emergencies. Happy that I've managed to put together the £3.50 I needed. Will go to city either tomorrow or Wednesday!
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 8th Oct 17, 2:44 PM
    • 2,233 Posts
    • 10,694 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    What a bonanza

I put 1s 2s and 5s in my change jar and then bag them up and take them to the bank
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Omg!!!!! Seriously! Just saw Roo going for a wee, or heard more to the point!!!! His aim is some what lacking, 2 shoes and 3 toilet rolls ended up being in his line of fire!!!!!!! No wonder their toilet is always stinking! I just assumed it was the toilet but I imagine it's the walls the floor the bath everything within shooting distance!!!!! Arrghhh best get the bleach out! I know he's only 5, but still!
    Last edited by missymoo81; 08-10-2017 at 4:05 PM.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 8th Oct 17, 3:42 PM
    • 5,748 Posts
    • 19,858 Thanks
    missymoo81
    2nd load of washing hung up, all ironing done including my stuff which is unheard of! Will do dinner in a little white, just watching polar express!
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 8th Oct 17, 3:45 PM
    • 4,230 Posts
    • 26,461 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    On a roll today Missy!

I love polar express
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,607Posts Today

8,795Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin