Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Aug 17, 4:56 PM
    • 5,747Posts
    • 19,852Thanks
    missymoo81
    Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary
    • 10th Aug 17, 4:56 PM
    Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary 10th Aug 17 at 4:56 PM
    Right debts are at an all time high! House is an all time mess!!!!! I'm going to put the two credit cards onto a single 0% card (hopefully) and try and pay it all off in 2 years! Which means hefty payments of £340 a month!! I CAN do it.
    And to get me started I am going to spend only £10 per week on shopping for the next 6 weeks!!!!! OH is away working so it's just me DD 4yr old May and DS 5yr old Roo to feed.

I have MASSES of food in all cupboards, freezers and fridge!

Along side this I need to get the house sorted, img my house is a mess, just stuff everywhere, Everything needs a good clean and a good declutter!

So who's with me?!

Will write a meal plan and shopping list for Monday later! And to keep myself accountable I will update daily!

Much love

Missy
    Last edited by missymoo81; 12-08-2017 at 8:02 AM.
Page 31
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 3rd Oct 17, 8:32 PM
    • 4,230 Posts
    • 26,459 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I'm not surprised, you never seem to stop! x
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 3rd Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 2,245 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Being a working mum & wife and running the home is like juggling glass balls haha i always feel like Im spinning plates.

Ive failed on an epic scale tonight because ive had a bowl of cereal for tea and some cheese sticks so diets out the window. At least the boys have had a decent tea. And now Ted is in my bed AGAIN because after 2 hours of taking him back to his own bed ive given up- I just need to sit down lol!!

Do you use topcashback? It won't help you now but yoy get money back on alm your online shopping xx
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 9:52 PM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Aw Lauren you haven't failed. I've had bread today again. Life just gets in the wAy. I'm just trying to not overeat, hoping that my calories are roughly where they should be. Haven't done any exercise today though.

No don't have cash back as only ever shop on eBay, Amazon or Tesco really
    • Rachel24
    • By Rachel24 3rd Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    Rachel24
    You do a great job missy and as long as you're spending time with kids and there fed and watered that's all that matters. Who cares about the housework. X
    TopCashback gives you money back for eBay btw, might be worth you signing up. Xx
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 10:44 PM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    You do a great job missy and as long as you're spending time with kids and there fed and watered that's all that matters. Who cares about the housework. X
    TopCashback gives you money back for eBay btw, might be worth you signing up. Xx
    Originally posted by Rachel24
    Omg really why didn't I know this?! I do pretty much ALL of my shopping on there or on Amazon!!!! Will def look into, thank you! X
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 4th Oct 17, 6:31 AM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Morning! Busy day ahead i have a reading cafe thing and then an assembly this afternoon at the school. Don't have much to myself today so think I will try and do some tidying.

Hope you're All ok x
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 4th Oct 17, 1:45 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 2,245 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Hope today has gone ok Missy. I am having another no spend day. got 50 quid back from British Gas which I have put to one side. I would like to save another 50 pounds this month ideally, so I am challenging myself to find that, I appreciate it's not as much as your valiant effort but still ha ha xx
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 4th Oct 17, 2:20 PM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Hey lauren! You're doing great, well done on the cash back.

It's been a busy day, I haven't been to the dentist to be honest i forgot about my tooth as it doesn't hurt! Will maybe go Friday or Monday depending on time. I went to Mays reading session, she cried though as I think she found it difficult I was there, a little bit overwhelming and she's super tired. I did some exercise, we'll gloss over the fact I had a nap.... I've tidied the toys and cleansed 2 of the 3 toilets, answered some work emails, found £10..... What was that.... Yes I found £10!!!!!! In one of my handbags!! I'm not one to find money or to lose it for that matter so I'm over the moon. That's going towards the £200, so, so far that's £20 with yesterday's £8 in purse and change. So £180 to find!

Have found more things to eBay. And I've gone through the charity and eBay pile and worked some things back into my wardrobe, save me buying stuff! Sorry charity shop....

I've got Togo to an assembly shortly then home to make Spag Bol and then taking Roo to scouts for the first time!

Then them home to bed, I need to make cakes for work tomorrow as its national cake week. I could do with hoovering before MIl comes tomorrow to get smalls from school whilst I work, need to think of a slow cooker meal for tomorrow.... Any thoughts?
    • jwil
    • By jwil 4th Oct 17, 2:20 PM
    • 7,794 Posts
    • 22,335 Thanks
    jwil
    Hey missy, it's always worth having a look at your selling page on ebay, there might be listing promotions there and they don't always tell you.

We currently get 100 free listings a day on all of our accounts. They often have weekend promotions too, but you need to look as they don't always tell you.
    Go to my ebay, all selling, and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Failing that, you could always open a second account, and have two lots of free listings!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • jwil
    • By jwil 4th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    • 7,794 Posts
    • 22,335 Thanks
    jwil
    Great news about the £10
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 4th Oct 17, 2:53 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 2,245 Thanks
    laurenh1
    well done you on the tenner It is always nice when that happens...unfortunately it is so often the other way round and having to spend unexpectedly! I appreciate 10 a week is a pretty bear budget but is there any coupons you could use to get free shopping xx
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 4th Oct 17, 4:27 PM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Thanks JWil and Lauren, great advice! Will indeed check my selling a page and will look at coupons. Shopping is actually going ok, fortunately or unfortunately depends how you look at it. The cupboards are groaning from OH over spending last month th on shopping. Just making veggie Bolognese.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 4th Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Bolognese made, cake made will decorate in the morning. May in pyjamas Roo in jogging suit, washing hung up. Leaving for beaver-scouts shortly. Not overly keen on this after school club things, it's so late and May is having to be dragged out too as OH away, they won't get to bed until 7.40 atleast which is so late
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 4th Oct 17, 7:54 PM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Back and small ones are in bed. I'm im bed with a cuppa. Hope you've all had a good day x
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 4th Oct 17, 9:56 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 2,245 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Sounds like a productive day my kids were late in bed too but its bath night & I didn't get home til 6. Then my Dad & my MIL called to see them . just hung my washing and put my dry stuff away so I am starting my days off (after tomorrow) not on the back foot. Xx
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 5th Oct 17, 5:58 AM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Morning, we'll all up early here as the tooth fairy visited and there was much excitement at 5am! Am up drinking coffee, both smalls need a shower this morning and I have to zoom to work again. Having to rethink budget again.... May has a school trip which is £17!!!! Which needs to be handed in by Friday! Think my tooth may have to wait until next month to be refilled. Shame I thought I was doing so well!
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 5th Oct 17, 7:04 AM
    • 12,240 Posts
    • 216,132 Thanks
    greenbee
    While you are waiting to see the dentist go to the pharmacy and get a tooth repair kit to do a DIY temporary filling which will protect the tooth. Leaving it longer may end up with it costing more.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 5th Oct 17, 7:09 AM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    While you are waiting to see the dentist go to the pharmacy and get a tooth repair kit to do a DIY temporary filling which will protect the tooth. Leaving it longer may end up with it costing more.
    Originally posted by greenbee
    Oh goodness, yes you're probably right. Think I may book an appt Friday. Don't want to cause more damage! Will have to work the budget out another way!
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 5th Oct 17, 7:13 AM
    • 5,747 Posts
    • 19,852 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Does anyone know how to make cheap easy macaroni cheese? And whether aldi sell macaroni pasta? Roo is asking for it as he loved it for school dinners yesterday!
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 5th Oct 17, 7:13 AM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 10,361 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Originally posted by greenbee
    I didn't know that existed! What a great tip
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = £818/Emergency Fund 2 = £181.63
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,012Posts Today

7,774Users online

Martin's Twitter