Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 10th Aug 17, 4:56 PM
    • 5,823Posts
    • 19,629Thanks
    missymoo81
    Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary
    • 10th Aug 17, 4:56 PM
    Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary 10th Aug 17 at 4:56 PM
    Right debts are at an all time high! House is an all time mess!!!!! I'm going to put the two credit cards onto a single 0% card (hopefully) and try and pay it all off in 2 years! Which means hefty payments of £340 a month!! I CAN do it.
    And to get me started I am going to spend only £10 per week on shopping for the next 6 weeks!!!!! OH is away working so it's just me DD 4yr old May and DS 5yr old Roo to feed.

I have MASSES of food in all cupboards, freezers and fridge!

Along side this I need to get the house sorted, img my house is a mess, just stuff everywhere, Everything needs a good clean and a good declutter!

So who's with me?!

Will write a meal plan and shopping list for Monday later! And to keep myself accountable I will update daily!

Much love

Missy
    Last edited by missymoo81; 12-08-2017 at 8:02 AM.
Page 30
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 3rd Oct 17, 1:20 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 964 Thanks
    laurenh1
    No im not, I just pop on it to sell stuff then leave again. Ill get ny thinking cap on for you xxx
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    No im not, I just pop on it to sell stuff then leave again. Ill get ny thinking cap on for you xxx
    Originally posted by laurenh1
    Thanks beautiful. I feel sick for spending so much on coffee and cake yesterday!!! But I guess old habits die hard. At least I've looked at it now. In the past I wouldn't have even looked and when I would have I'd have just shoved a bit more to the debt! So I'm pleased that's not happening at least.
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 3rd Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    I'm not on FB either Missy - and I'm in my 30s Have you tried Schpok to get round the eBay fees? Likewise I get fed up with them, because they always take them back from you light-years after you sold the item and you completely forgot about them and how to budget!

Inspired by people's NSDs
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    I might try gumtree for children's clothes
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 2:25 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    eBay is up to £13.66!
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Oh and I haven't included the £50 birthday money and the meals out I need to attend for family. So I need £126..... Have some change in my purse... Not a lot though, will see how much...

ETA: I have £8 in my purse....

Well what can I say, I like a challenge lol
    Last edited by missymoo81; 03-10-2017 at 2:54 PM.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 3:02 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Oh just because of Sod's !!!!ing law,I was eating some sweets I found in my car and my filling has cracked, and half fallen out!!!!!!!! So that's a trip for an emergency dental appointment tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! Arrghhh that's another £30 I don't have.

ETA actually just checked and its £56 for an emergency filling
    Last edited by missymoo81; 03-10-2017 at 3:52 PM.
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 3rd Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 5,236 Posts
    • 17,532 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Hi Missy,

Yay to the ebay sales.

Boo to the emergency dentist! x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £7250.00 Cap 1: £529.05 BC: £5196.94

AFD 0/10 NSD 0/10 LTW 0/10

20p Savers 2017 £2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 10 2017 #003
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 3rd Oct 17, 4:09 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 964 Thanks
    laurenh1
    ahh what bad luck, but well done on the ebay and the change in your purse! It is so hard to keep at it when things like that hit, but you're doing soo well. Do you and hub have separate accounts? and if so, would he help you out? Do you have any money any where else at all that could help (advantage cards etc?) There are a few decent bank accounts that give you money if you swtich to them but obviously that depends if you want to switch and how fast they pay out. when we moved to halifax it was almost instant and when we moved to M&S it took 3 months xx
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 4:25 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Ah thanks purple and Lauren. Sorry for moaning too. It's just been one of those days. I'm going to sit down tonight and go through things. I'll manage! Me and OH do have seperate accounts but I'm pretty sure he hasn't got any spare cash either and he'd already paying the other £36 on the after school fees.
    I'll see if he can pay all of it.... But I think he's pretty broke too As the food and petrol credit card were really high this month as I was poorly and he was doing all the shopping. We pay that one off in full every month as it gives us Te£co points.

Looks like with everything, I need to find an extra £200 this month but like I said I like a challenge. Worst case scenario I can put the CC payments down to minimum which would give me probably £100, but I don't want to do that. It's time to get creative with things!!!!!

So my challenge if I choose to accept it is to not only shop for £10 a week but to also make/find £200 this month!!!!! I can do it!!!!!
    Last edited by missymoo81; 03-10-2017 at 4:28 PM.
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 3rd Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 964 Thanks
    laurenh1
    I believe in you Peter Pan
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 4:45 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    I believe in you Peter Pan
    Originally posted by laurenh1
    Ah ha ha! Love it!
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 3rd Oct 17, 5:23 PM
    • 1,439 Posts
    • 3,875 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Sorry about the tooth, I hate spending money at the dentist . If your tooth isn't actually hurting can you delay the trip to the dentist until you next get paid? (that's probably a silly suggestion so feel free to ignore it ).

Gumtree sounds like a good suggestion. What about a free ad in your local paper (if available) to sell something? Or on the notice board of your local supermarket?

I'm sure you'll think of something, your every resourceful
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt at highest = £58,766
    Current debt = £16,234, Emergency Fund = £200
    Long Hauler No. 156 Spendaholics Anonymous No. 47
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 3rd Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 24,780 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Boo to the tooth Good luck with the challenge
    Virtual Sealed Pot £656.24
    October NSD 5/15
    Weight loss 0/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Awe thanks lovelies!

Have just got into bed as that's where it's warmest! Small ones are in bed. Had to drive at stupid speed to pick them up from after school club, last ones again! Gosh I hate all this rushing about snd driving fast it's so stressful!!!!

Food today was banana smoothie for me and biscuits banana and cereal for smalls. They had school dinner and I had some instant rice thing. Which wasn't very nice, took ages to cook and I could have made it cheaper and nicer at home. So although was only 24p in aldi I won't bother again. We just had ravioli and beans on toast for dinner. Only picked children up an hour ago, and we've practiced spellings, talked about school, eaten dinner together, snuggled in our pyjamas, had a treat, cleaned our teeth, had a story and got into bed, not bad going lol. I'm shattered though, and my house is an absolute tip!
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 3rd Oct 17, 7:06 PM
    • 1,439 Posts
    • 3,875 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Glad you're using up the bananas

Spending time with your kids is more important than tidying the house missy.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Glad you're using up the bananas

Spending time with your kids is more important than tidying the house missy.
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    Thanks hairy (I never know how to shorten your name, everything sounds inappropriate! )

Ok so mission to make £200.... I have £8 in my purse, and have £2 worth of silver coins I can add to make £10 so I need to find £190..... Sooooo...... Things I've listed on eBay, most have watchers. I've got 9 more things I can list this month for free. So am going to list my good gym leggings and tops, I have loads.... in the hope that they raise bigger amounts. The ones I've listed already have bids of £3 and £4 so a step in the right direction at least.
    Have worked out what I need shopping wise next week and think I can shave some off there too... I'm adamant I will do this! Usually a day like today and feeling so stressed would usually push me over the edge to spendsville on the CC. But not this time!!!! I will beat it!
    Last edited by missymoo81; 03-10-2017 at 7:20 PM.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 3rd Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    • 1,439 Posts
    • 3,875 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I don't mind being called hairy, although I'm not, honest

That's the spirit missy you can do this!
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 3rd Oct 17, 7:25 PM
    • 5,066 Posts
    • 23,208 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    You will do it Missy! Do you survey?

Hope you're okay, take some time to yourself too x
    DFW £1388.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £511.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,629 Thanks
    missymoo81
    I haven't started surveying, I really should, I'm just so tired all the time from lack of sleep!!! I'm having some me time, trying not to fall asleep
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

6,600Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin