Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • taliwillow
    • By taliwillow 10th Aug 17, 2:20 PM
    • 399Posts
    • 186Thanks
    taliwillow
    0 WOW
    Where are the wonders of the UK?
    • 10th Aug 17, 2:20 PM
    0 WOW
    Where are the wonders of the UK? 10th Aug 17 at 2:20 PM
    My husband and I have seen lots of beautiful natural places on tv programmes (wild Alaska looked gorgeous) and have thought 'oh wouldn't it be fantastic to go there' but in reality with a mortgage and 2 primary school aged children, and only 4 weeks holiday per year we are not going to be going anywhere like that anytime soon.

This got us thinking that surely there must be natural wonders in the UK too, we just don't know about them. So what places do you all know of in the UK that you would say are a must see. I particularly love lakes and waterfalls but mountains and beautiful countryside are also lovely.

We are going for our summer holiday to Devon in a week so if you know of anything in Devon we could hopefully go to see it very soon but we are interested in anywhere in the UK as we could try to go in a weekend (or a long weekend for Scotland as we are in Oxfordshire).

Thanks in advance for any tips.
    Current Debt - £38000 £32000 £28500 £22000 £16000 £10000 £1500 £14000
Page 2
    • Ferretwins1
    • By Ferretwins1 7th Sep 17, 2:57 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Ferretwins1
    Stone Henge is lovely day out :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin