Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jagger86
    • By jagger86 10th Aug 17, 12:19 PM
    • 63Posts
    • 8Thanks
    jagger86
    I have been paying Vodafone but they have now passed it to a debt company
    • 10th Aug 17, 12:19 PM
    I have been paying Vodafone but they have now passed it to a debt company 10th Aug 17 at 12:19 PM
    Hi

The quick story is - I have been making payments to a debt with vodafone but today received a letter from a debt agency. No warning or contact from Vodafone!

The long story is - I have had a lot of issues with Vodafone mainly due to the fact it is near on impossible to get any kind of answer from them when I call. It all goes back to a bill I disputed a while ago and they told me they would re-calculate it and apply a credit so meanwhile I cancelled the DD. Anyway few months later I discovered there was a large balance outstanding, well larger than what I thought it would be. I was only on a sim only deal for £20 a month so had no idea how this happened. I never received any letters or bills from them. by this time I was also made redundant so had so much other stuff going on I forgot about chasing up the phone bill.

Since Christmas I have been addressing my various debt issues and I was paying Vodafone £40 a month which is all I had budgeted for a phone allowance. I then realised that I was getting nowhere doing this as there were always extra charges on top of the sim only deal so there was hardly any being paid off the debt. So I left and have PAYG now so I can pay £40 a month off the debt. At this point I believed to owe around £400. Again never had this in writing but this is just what experian says.
    I rang to make a payment this month but because I have now left it was the most long winded process and they said I couldn't set up a direct debit over the phone as I didn't pass all the security questions. One of the questions being - what is your latest bill amount? I haven't received a bil!!!!

I have last week written to Vodafone (as phoning is pointless) and have asked them to send me a breakdown of what I owe and if we can put a payment plan in place as I have been paying £40 but the balance does not seem to be going down.

Today I have received a letter from a Debt Recovery Agency saying that I owe Vodafone £650!!!

Any advice as what to do next as I Vodafone have never written to me and are my £40 payments even being acknowledged??

Thanks
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 10th Aug 17, 12:55 PM
    • 12,477 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 10th Aug 17, 12:55 PM
    • 10th Aug 17, 12:55 PM
    Hi,

Just set up a payment arrangement with the DCA.

If you dispute the amount, send the provit letter.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • jagger86
    • By jagger86 10th Aug 17, 1:41 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jagger86
    • 10th Aug 17, 1:41 PM
    • 10th Aug 17, 1:41 PM
    Thanks for your response. Is the DCA the debt company? Will they accept a lower payment if I pay it in full. I have just started a new job and have more spare cash now.

I was just wondering how it had increased from £400 to £650 when I have been making payments more than anything.
    • jagger86
    • By jagger86 10th Aug 17, 1:46 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jagger86
    • 10th Aug 17, 1:46 PM
    • 10th Aug 17, 1:46 PM
    Also sorry what is a provit letter?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 10th Aug 17, 1:47 PM
    • 12,477 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 10th Aug 17, 1:47 PM
    • 10th Aug 17, 1:47 PM
    DCA (debt collection agency) yes.

Debt collectors are always willing to do a deal, but if you have a dispute about the balance, ask them to provide evidence.

Letter when you know nothing about the debt or wish to challenge the balance they are asking for :

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2607247
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

• Vodafone
    • 15th Aug 17, 6:52 PM
    • 15th Aug 17, 6:52 PM
    Hi jagger86,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not had the best of experiences with us.

If you'd like me to look into things for you, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 15th Aug 17, 6:56 PM
    • 11,547 Posts
    • 8,683 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 15th Aug 17, 6:56 PM
    • 15th Aug 17, 6:56 PM
    Which DCA are they using?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Aug 17, 9:56 PM
    • 12,477 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 15th Aug 17, 9:56 PM
    • 15th Aug 17, 9:56 PM
    To be honest your probably better off dealing with the DCA.

Have vodaphone sold your debt or do they refer to "there client" ?

• jagger86
    • By jagger86 17th Aug 17, 8:59 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jagger86
    • 17th Aug 17, 8:59 AM
    • 17th Aug 17, 8:59 AM
    They are using Avantis or Advantis I think. The letter has been thrown away by mistake due to toddler using it as a colouring book!...so need to call them and ask them to send it again.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th Aug 17, 9:40 AM
    • 12,477 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    sourcrates
    They are using Avantis or Advantis I think. The letter has been thrown away by mistake due to toddler using it as a colouring book!...so need to call them and ask them to send it again.
    Originally posted by jagger86
    I would just wait until they write again.

You are only on letter no 1, lots to come yet !!!!

• jagger86
    • By jagger86 17th Aug 17, 1:36 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jagger86
    Hi jagger86,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not had the best of experiences with us.

If you'd like me to look into things for you, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Originally posted by Vodafone

Hi Lee
    I have completed the form quoting the code this morning but I have not yet received an email with a reference number.

Thanks
    • jagger86
    • By jagger86 17th Aug 17, 1:38 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jagger86
    I would just wait until they write again.

You are only on letter no 1, lots to come yet !!!!
    Originally posted by sourcrates

this is true, I am sure they will write again soon. Also may hear back from Vodafone in the meantime.

I already have a default from Vodafone because of it just didn't want to also get one from Avantis.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 17th Aug 17, 6:48 PM
    • 11,547 Posts
    • 8,683 Thanks
    fatbelly
    this is true, I am sure they will write again soon. Also may hear back from Vodafone in the meantime.

I already have a default from Vodafone because of it just didn't want to also get one from Avantis.
    Originally posted by jagger86
    Avantis are a collector so won't be reporting separately.

If the debt is bought (and that's why I asked) by someone like Lowell, then they take over the reporting, and should keep the same default date.

You shouldn't end up with 2 defaults on the same debt
  • Vodafone
    Hi jagger86,

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you haven't received a reply yet, and as we're up to date with our emails, please email us with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk.

To make sure it reaches us, please quote "WRT135" in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • jagger86
    • By jagger86 5th Sep 17, 8:55 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jagger86
    Hi jagger86,

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you haven't received a reply yet, and as we're up to date with our emails, please email us with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk.

To make sure it reaches us, please quote "WRT135" in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Originally posted by Vodafone
    Hi Lee, I have sent the email quoting the above code but still have heard nothing.

Can you check if you received this please? I also put a complaint in writing just before this post and have also heard nothing from this.

Thanks
  • Vodafone
    Hi jagger86,

I've think your email has reached us.

If you've not heard anything in the next 24 hours, let me know.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

410Posts Today

3,393Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin