Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bbelt
    • By bbelt 9th Aug 17, 3:32 PM
    • 111Posts
    • 14Thanks
    bbelt
    Debt Payment Plan (DAS) PCP car finance
    • 9th Aug 17, 3:32 PM
    Debt Payment Plan (DAS) PCP car finance 9th Aug 17 at 3:32 PM
    Just entered into a debt payment plan under DAS in Scotland.

My vehicle is on PCP (not included on plan) and the PCP agreement ends next year. Will i just have to hand the vehicle back? or is there any chance I may be able to get a new vehicle and carry on with monthly payments?

Need a vehicle for work.
Page 1
    • bbelt
    • By bbelt 14th Aug 17, 9:55 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    bbelt
    • 14th Aug 17, 9:55 AM
    • 14th Aug 17, 9:55 AM
    can anyone shed any light?
    • hmg92
    • By hmg92 5th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hmg92
    • 5th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    I'm currently in a DAS which is due to end in Feb 18, we've not long had a baby and our current car (non financed) is just far to small! We need a new car but would need to take it on PCP just wondering if you know if this is available while in a DAS
    • coolcait
    • By coolcait 6th Sep 17, 12:21 AM
    • 4,131 Posts
    • 13,263 Thanks
    coolcait
    • 6th Sep 17, 12:21 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 12:21 AM
    I'm currently in a DAS which is due to end in Feb 18, we've not long had a baby and our current car (non financed) is just far to small! We need a new car but would need to take it on PCP just wondering if you know if this is available while in a DAS
    Originally posted by hmg92
    Hi

Congratulations on the new baby!

Here's a link to the reply I gave to bbelt on the 'Ask a StepChange counsellor' thread. The same approach goes for your situation.

Good luck!

Forgot the link... D'oh. Here it is now http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72986974&postcount=1152
    • nomoneytoday
    • By nomoneytoday 10th Sep 17, 3:54 PM
    • 4,718 Posts
    • 2,849 Thanks
    nomoneytoday
    • 10th Sep 17, 3:54 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 3:54 PM
    Presumably once the PCP goes back, you'd be looking at a cheaper car, in the same way as if there wasn't a new expensive vehicle on your drive at the start of the plan?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,196Posts Today

6,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin