The final countdown

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So today I have been plotting for my new challenge, I have decided I am going to have to get hill fit, this will include using the crosstrainer that we have downstairs and also swimming, we have a local swimming pool which I can use, I also need to cur down on eating rubbish ( which is never a bad thing) and with the shock I got yesterday at the supermarket works in quite well with budgetting. If I am not working this Sunday we are climbing Meikle Bin again, it's a small wee hill nothing big but good to stretch the legs to.

Wedding wise, son had some news today which worked in everyone's favour and he has more things he is dealing with, we are also going to Arbroath on Friday to see about the start of designing the Tartan son wants

Managed a lowish spend day today just some veg for the dinner and se duct tape for my first aid hill walking kit ( you need very different things on the hills compared to the ground) nothung else.to report really,
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    You are a better woman than me.
    If my son ever wantstartan anything other than a Scot one then he is so on his own :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elantan
    Forumite
    edited 16 August 2017 at 6:49PM
    Well there actually doesn't exist a tartan for our surname, however, the origins of tartan dint actually come from clan names, that's a relatively new piece if tartan history, he has 2 tartans he likes but as I happen to know a tartan designer he feels it might be an idea to design his own tartan, it might not happen that way, he may just choose one of the two he likes but he is currently kicking the ideas around just now, just as he is with every aspect of his wedding, he got a great deal today with the reception and knowing my son he will get a great deal with all the aspects of his wedding, today's deal reminded me of the deal he got when he bought his house ... put it this way I wouldn't like to go up against him lol

The hardest thing will be that he will need to stay here on Thursday so we can leave early Friday morning, he is staying Friday night as well as we are going in to see Alex Salmon on Saturday and he is staying Saturday so that he climbs the hill on Sunday, the biggest test is will we all be alive by Sunday night and not killed each other lol ... we love each other but having son staying can bring stressful ... incidentally son has to stay as he would never ever be awake on time, he could never work an early shift, he is a backshift /nightshift worker, no chance he would ever get up early
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    So you are off to The Burgh at the weekend. Enjoy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• elantan
    Forumite
    Aye ... I must be mad, the four of us are going in, we have yet to celebrate my passing of my degree ( we had booked a date but son slept in) so we're going to cat h the show and eat some food ... if I can I might try and talk them I to doing Arthur seat as well ;) but we will see

How's B?
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    B is good.
    Got summer job.
    Starts masters next month.

• elantan
    Forumite
    Fantastic, that's good to hear, he's fairly grown up now ;)

Went I met Skinty's lad the first time he was a wee yin, now he is all grown up and a man... it's great to hear of my friends and their families growing xxxx
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    & us getting aulder :eek::rotfl::rotfl: xxx

• elantan
    Forumite
    Shhhhhhhh were no meant to talk aboot that bit ;)
  • elantan
    Forumite
    £2.21 Tilly tidied over to mortgage, the mortgage doesn't need any extra paid into it, it's not costing us much interest ( 40p a day or so) but I've been in the habit of Tilly tidying for so long it becomes second nature, I tend to go between the mortgage and a drip feed account depending on what mood I'm in more than anything,

Other plans for today are doing online training, you know the stuff you have to do, know all the answers to and yet don't take your time doing the online stuff so land up failing cause it's so boring ? Just another hoop to jump through ... yep that's the plan for today
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure