Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jmedwards
    • By jmedwards 19th Dec 16, 10:53 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jmedwards
    Bulb.co.uk £50 off discount code - 100% renewable energy.
    • 19th Dec 16, 10:53 AM
    Bulb.co.uk £50 off discount code - 100% renewable energy. 19th Dec 16 at 10:53 AM
    Bulb.co.uk is a new energy provider that guarantees to fund enough renewable energy to meet their customer's demands.

It's no more expensive than a big energy provider.

Here's a Bulb.co.uk energy discount code / Bulb.co.uk energy voucher code / bulb refer a friend link:

Use my referral link to get a £50 Bulb.co.uk energy immediate credit and have your current provider exit fees paid

Last edited by jmedwards; 08-10-2017 at 3:32 PM.
Page 8
    • irishclare
    • By irishclare 28th Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    irishclare
    Happy switcher!
    Thanks Isabelle, I've just used your link to switch from BG after much procrastination. I can't believe how quick and easy it was! If anyone would like to use my link it is: bulb.co.uk/refer/clare400
    We'll both get £50 credit on our account so what's not to like 😄
    • amy741
    • By amy741 29th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    amy741
    Thanks Jason I've just used your link to switch to Bulb from British Gas and it say's my account has been credited with the £50 already!

If anyone else signing up for Bulb wants to use my link to get us each £50 credit it would be much appreciated:

bulb.co.uk/refer/amy1311

Thanks
    Amy
    • paja32
    • By paja32 29th Sep 17, 2:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    paja32
    Pa
    just joined bulb energy from british gas all went so smoothly and the prices are cheap and service was good why not join me and switch yourself you will earn a credit into your account from bulb of £50 and I will also give you an extra £20 from my own credit as well just use my link bulb.co.uk/refer/patrick1003 thank you
    • Lucy72
    • By Lucy72 29th Sep 17, 5:47 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Lucy72
    Feeling a tad cynical?
    Wow...If you look on Trustpilot you'll see some pretty amazing reviews for Bulb. Something to do with everyone trying to get you to use their referral link for a bit of self-gain perhaps?

Well yes, I think that is definitely part of the encouragement for people to write such cracking reviews. £50 in your pocket definitely might lend itself to a bit of impartiality! This has been discussed on other MSE threads so I thought I better give my 10p's worth!

I would just like to say that even though I was definitely feeling a tad cynical, after more research and just like others, the energy 'bulb' has been firmly planted in my home.

Why?:
    * They paid for my exit fees!
    * Their website is a breeze!
    * Their customer service is the best I've encountered from any Energy.
    * I love their 1 tariff only policy, (no complicated bamboozles)
    * It's one of the cheapest on the market.
    * Their electricity is 100% renewable
    * They have a £30 dual fuel discount per annum
    * The switch really did take 21 days
    * They've given me £50 for using a referral link
    (I didn't know anyone from Bulb so used one I found on here, I'm feeling a good pattern of nice toasty warm karma here!)

And what really stopped me from doubting them was their no exit fee policy. If things go pear shaped (it's a variable tariff but they give you 31 days notice of any changes) or I see a better deal elsewhere, I can just leave.

I really and very sincerely believe that is all pretty good stuff.

I talked to Bulb about their credit referral system and basically they are using this as their marketing budget. If you think of the humungous amounts spent by the Big 6, £100 for each new customer (£50 for the newbie £50 for the referrer) then it's a drop in the ocean. They are literally getting their customers to plant bulbs everywhere! And these are very green bulbs people, so doing your bit for the environment whilst saving money! Ta darrrrrrrrr!

So, of course I'd be chuffed to blooming bits if you used my referral code. Remember it gives you £50 credit for using it. Big thanks in advance if you do!

bulb.co.uk/refer/lucy9452

So if you're still feeling cynical and still question all the amazing reviews Well, I still know where you're coming from, but you really will be missing out on a fantastic new energy company.

I genuinely hand on heart recommend 'Bulb" and have no regrets about getting on the "Bulb Bandwagon!" (No petrol involved of course!)
    Last edited by Lucy72; 29-09-2017 at 9:15 PM. Reason: Usual Typo!
    • jg73
    • By jg73 29th Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jg73
    Three month review
    Iíve been a Bulb customer for a few months now and can report that my experience so far has been extremely positive.

I was initially attracted to Bulb by its green credentials and the many five star reviews on this site; I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was also one of the cheapest suppliers in my area when I checked on a price comparison website. Although it didnít apply to my switch, Bulbís offer to pay the exit fees of your current supplier is worth noting. Unlike the majority of suppliers, it doesnít charge exit fees of its own either so you can leave at any time without penalty.

The switching process, which took 20 days in total, was trouble free and I was kept informed on progress with regular email updates. Whenever I had questions, I found the online chat service very efficient and friendly Ė in fact, the whole customer service experience was a real breath of fresh air compared to my experience with other energy providers.

Three months later and well done Bulb, Iím still impressed. Iím able to submit monthly readings easily via the iOS app or my online account, the first couple of bills have arrived on time, are accurate and the amount Iím paying is less than with my previous supplier. It also just feels good to be supporting UK renewables.

Finally, Bulb are currently running a very generous referral scheme. I signed up via a link posted on this site and received a £50 credit in my account. If youíd like to join Bulb and also receive £50 (and your own referral link to share with others) please copy and paste the following into your web browser. Thank you so much for reading my review and enjoy the savings if you decide to switch!

bulb.co.uk/refer/jason8337
    • Coinmachine
    • By Coinmachine 30th Sep 17, 6:21 AM
    • 212 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    Coinmachine
    I have signed up to bulb and if you use my referral you will receive £50 plus I will share my £60 with you, simply PM me your paypal address and I will send you £20 when the referral is received making a total of £70. No paypal? then I can do a bank transfer. Thanks

https://bulb.co.uk/refer/philip9246
    I'm a greenfield sight for sore eyes, and sore eyes are just needing the light, the shapes, and the shadows of the space we share, before it splits into Thin Air.
    • ec9wrr
    • By ec9wrr 30th Sep 17, 9:22 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    ec9wrr
    Switch to Bulb with my link and I'll send you an extra £25. So you'll get £50 from Bulb, £25 from me paid by Amazon vouchers or PayPal (up to you).

Bulb pay £50 to the person who refers you so I'm simply splitting this in two and giving you half.

https://bulb.co.uk/refer/william3040
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 30th Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 31,752 Posts
    • 37,459 Thanks
    Browntoa
    It's not a bidding war , if you want to change your offers edit your original posts in the thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • KlaraK
    • By KlaraK 30th Sep 17, 6:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KlaraK
    Hi just completed the switch myself and would be very grateful if you considered using my link and get is both £50!
    bulb.co.uk/refer/klara6718

Cheers
    • ec9wrr
    • By ec9wrr 1st Oct 17, 2:29 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    ec9wrr
    Doesn't a bidding war benefit the switchers? (users of MSE)

But ok, noted.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 1st Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 31,752 Posts
    • 37,459 Thanks
    Browntoa
    The point is more "edit your original post"
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • VivaLasVegas
    • By VivaLasVegas 2nd Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    VivaLasVegas
    Thanks Klara for your link. I've just switched to Bulb via it, and so hoping some kind soul will do the same with mine. It's bulb.co.uk/refer/emma8905 . I'll also come back and update what I actually think of bulb once I've got going !
    • camh
    • By camh 2nd Oct 17, 8:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    camh
    Emma - thanks for the link.

See below my link, for the next generous user. As a reminder, this should result in GBP50 for the new customer, and GBP50 for me, on completion of the switch. Thank you in advance!

bulb.co.uk/refer/cameron3408
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 3rd Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 31,752 Posts
    • 37,459 Thanks
    Browntoa
    post deleted from someone who is unfairly deleting their earlier posts and reposting to cheat the process
    • AnnieMagic
    • By AnnieMagic 4th Oct 17, 1:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AnnieMagic
    Bulb Energy Provider £50 off referral credit - I love Bulb!
    If you need to switch your energy provider and you would like 100% renewable electricity then Bulb is the provider for you. It won't come up as the cheapest but with a £50 credit, if you use this referral link, it's certainly competitive. The website is really easy and quick to use and so far I have been really impressed with the switch. It doesn't matter if I change my mind later because there's no exit fee. When you sign up you are eligible for "refer a friend" this means you can get an additional £50 credit for anyone you refer. Please use this link to sign-up to Bulb and get your £50 credit. If you sign up using my link I also get £50 credit. It's win win.
    Thanks Well done Bulb
    Please copy and paste the below into your browser:
    bulb.co.uk/refer/anne819
    Last edited by AnnieMagic; 04-10-2017 at 8:23 PM.
    • jojobristol
    • By jojobristol 6th Oct 17, 11:45 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jojobristol
    Yay! Switch done to Bulb - feeling much happier now I have moved towards greener fuel!! ........now for an electric car!

Cameron - I have used your referral code from above (hope that's ok).
    It would be lovely if someone could spread the love and sign up using my referral code too.

bulb.co.uk/refer/joanna7368

Thank you!

Jo
    • mcc28_x
    • By mcc28_x 6th Oct 17, 7:18 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    mcc28_x
    I switched to Bulb - cheapest for me after the end of BG collective.

Hio'

I switched to Bulb on 19th September through MSE Energy Club. I recieved 'Hello' email the same day from Bulb advising the switch would take place on 9th October and the date of my direct debit was advised by a further email on 27th September (for the 9th October). On the 4th October I was asked for meter readings which I have supplied today via Bulb website. The email says these will be sent to my former supplier British Gas although I doubt they are needed due to smart meters installed.

Happy enough so far!

It would be great if someone could use the referal link below - I didn't know wabout it when I signed up!

www.bulb.co.uk/refer/mark6159
    ================================================== ==
    mcc28_x

• mcc28_x
    • By mcc28_x 6th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    mcc28_x
    I switched to Bulb as they were the cheapest for me after the BG Oct collective ended.

When I signed up I didn't know about the referal link!

Here mine I posted a review in the Energy forum too.

http://bulb.co.uk/refer/mark6159
    mcc28_x

• violetblue
    • By violetblue 7th Oct 17, 9:23 AM
    • 227 Posts
    • 1,594 Thanks
    violetblue
    I switched to Bulb a month ago, was a bit sceptical at first as I've never heard of them... but I am fed up of the Big 6 and Bulb came out as one of the cheapest options for me, plus it's 100% green energy which is great.

The switching process was very quick and easy, no hassles at all.

If anyone would be kind enough to use my referal link, we will both get a £50 credit!

www.bulb.co.uk/refer/joy8922
    • CaroBristol
    • By CaroBristol 7th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    CaroBristol
    Many thanks - I used your referral link this morning. Bulb look like a great company and the switch process was exceedingly easy. It gladdens my heart to think I'm finally becoming more ethical with my energy usage.

Here is my referral link if anyone would like to use it and earn themselves (and me!) £50.

bulb.co.uk/refer/caroline1904
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,692Posts Today

8,906Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin