Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rich13348
    • By rich13348 7th Aug 17, 7:03 PM
    • 796Posts
    • 419Thanks
    rich13348
    Company car Scotland fine
    • 7th Aug 17, 7:03 PM
    Company car Scotland fine 7th Aug 17 at 7:03 PM
    Hi,
    My company have received a fine for a company car for which I am responsible. My company has sent me a copy of the fine and instructed me to pay it or appeal it.

Should i get the company to write back and name me as the day to day keeper so i can successfully ignore it.

Thanks.
Page 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Sep 17, 8:16 PM
    • 5,958 Posts
    • 7,676 Thanks
    beamerguy
    OK so my email is as follows.

Dear Smart Parking,
    I can confirm I, rich13348 of my address, my street, my town, my county, my postcode, am the day-to-day keeper of vehicle registration XXYYXXX listed in Parking Charge Notice Number xxyyyyyyy. No driver has not been named and no assumptions can be drawn.

Thank you

Rich13348

Does this sound OK?
    Originally posted by rich13348
    Coupon-mad also said this
    "However, if Smart would like to furnish me with their evidence of who the driver was, I will pass the notice to that person but otherwise you are aware that I have no liability in law, in Scotland."

See what's happening ???
    Last edited by beamerguy; 13-09-2017 at 8:18 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Sep 17, 8:42 PM
    • 3,633 Posts
    • 1,851 Thanks
    KeithP
    OK so my email is as follows.

Dear Smart Parking,
    I can confirm I, rich13348 of my address, my street, my town, my county, my postcode, am the day-to-day keeper of vehicle registration XXYYXXX listed in Parking Charge Notice Number xxyyyyyyy. No driver has not been named and no assumptions can be drawn. However, if you would like to furnish me with your evidence of who the driver was, I will pass the notice to that person but otherwise you are aware that you have no liability in law, in Scotland.

Thank you

Rich13348

Does this sound OK?
    ...but otherwise you are aware that you I have no liability...
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 8:50 PM
    • 32,794 Posts
    • 16,821 Thanks
    Quentin
    .... No driver has not been named and no assumptions can be drawn......
    I think you meant to say "The driver has not......"
    • rich13348
    • By rich13348 14th Sep 17, 9:46 AM
    • 796 Posts
    • 419 Thanks
    rich13348
    Final edit:
    Dear Smart Parking,
    I can confirm I, rich13348 of my address, my street, my town, my county, my postcode, am the day-to-day keeper of vehicle registration XXYYXXX listed in Parking Charge Notice Number xxyyyyyyy.
    There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. However, if you would like to furnish me with your evidence of who the driver was, I will pass the notice to that person but otherwise I am aware I have no liability in law, in Scotland.

Thank you

Rich13348

Does this sound OK?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Sep 17, 10:10 AM
    • 5,958 Posts
    • 7,676 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Final edit:
    Dear Smart Parking,
    I can confirm I, rich13348 of my address, my street, my town, my county, my postcode, am the day-to-day keeper of vehicle registration XXYYXXX listed in Parking Charge Notice Number xxyyyyyyy.
    There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. However, if you would like to furnish me with your evidence of who the driver was, I will pass the notice to that person but otherwise I am aware I have no liability in law, in Scotland.

Thank you

Rich13348

Does this sound OK?
    That is OK.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,846Posts Today

6,494Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin