Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 7th Aug 17, 11:22 AM
    • 2,439Posts
    • 972Thanks
    Cotta
    Transfer Nightmare
    • 7th Aug 17, 11:22 AM
    Transfer Nightmare 7th Aug 17 at 11:22 AM
    Hi All,

I have a very small pension of around £7k from my first every employment and I opted to transfer this into my current employer's pension pot.

The process from my existing provider was marketed as being very easy and straightforward with everything being wrapped up within 30 working days. Almost one year later it is just about to happen, both sides have been extremely poor in dealing effectively with this and I have had to be very hands on in pushing both sides over the past two months to get us to this point.

I have advised both parties of significant failures, e.g. my new provider was not doing anything as they were waiting on documentation from my existing provider. When I contacted my existing provider they were missing documents from my new provider so they were not doing anything. This has been the case for many months with things like this happening.

My question is, am I entitled to ask for some compensation from both parties for these delays or it this out of the question?
Page 3
    • atush
    • By atush 14th Sep 17, 1:34 PM
    • 16,246 Posts
    • 9,917 Thanks
    atush
    So you should look at the diffence (once you or the new company have worked that out) plus 300.

Or if you did better than at your new company, 350-400 in total.
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 15th Sep 17, 3:24 PM
    • 2,439 Posts
    • 972 Thanks
    Cotta
    To add to the mix the company I am transferring my pension to have offered me a goodwill gesture of £50. Not sure what do do about this at it was a little unexpected. They have said the following:

Our team have reviewed the timeline provided to them and they are content that we followed everything in line with our procedures. They have, however, made a gesture of goodwill offer for the inconvenience of having to contact us. The amount of the offer is £50.

• atush
    • By atush 16th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    • 16,246 Posts
    • 9,917 Thanks
    atush
    I would accept it and look for the rest from your od provider.
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 18th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    • 2,439 Posts
    • 972 Thanks
    Cotta
    I would accept it and look for the rest from your od provider.
    Originally posted by atush
    Why would my old provider suddenly offer that?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

1,557Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin