Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Angels44
    • By Angels44 4th Aug 17, 5:14 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Angels44
    POPLA Appeal unsuccessful - PLEASURELAND MORECAMBE any help appreciated
    • 4th Aug 17, 5:14 PM
    POPLA Appeal unsuccessful - PLEASURELAND MORECAMBE any help appreciated 4th Aug 17 at 5:14 PM
    Hi everyone, I've spent quite a bit of time reading a lot of the experienced members posts on how to proceed. I understand it's best to post own thread on specific case. If anyone can help and suggest clear action points I'd really appreciate it. Technical jargon has confused me In relation to the law and correct order to proceed.

I received a PCN earlier on this year from Parking Eye - completely oblivious to it until tenant/flatmate text me couple of weeks later. Car park was empty when I arrived didn't see the signs as I entered as land extends around the back of shops and no-one ever parks there. Now I know why! Call me naive didn't know ANPR cameras existed. Visited local shop to buy goods and in the hope to get cash back - unsuccessful so drove off. After visiting car park after receiving fine noticed the signs are placed very high above on posts. Recieved postal PCN with pics of car entering and leaving at 10 mins 43 seconds so just came over the grace period. Ignored the fine increasing as thought I could appeal as £100 seems extortionate for few seconds over grace time. Sent them a letter saying not paying it. Did a bit of research followed various templates and suggestions - submitted POPLA appeal and it's now closed unsuccessful. (Didn't visit here first before submitting POPLA and that's my mistake).

Now this is where it's difficult as a very close family member passed away couple of months ago so I've had much more important priorities. I've not been at my registered keeper address since last year as I became their primary next of kin/LPA overnight and had to adjust life/work in order to be available for various medical emergencies end of life decisions. I actually notified PE I wasn't at my address (didn't say I was the driver) and requested email correspondence as I was basically living at the hospital last 3 mths while loved one in end of life care. Had some mail redirection in place but unfortunately friend disposed of court letters. Feel like just paying the fine as the easier option but am angry have to do this right now - as have more important legal complaint with care system in situ re my loved one. Back on track .... Issues I have are following:-

1. Only have first PCN letter, another on POPLA appeal from Parking Eye and follow up letter suggesting goodwill of reducing £60 penalty will be extended for another 14 days so have no evidence of checking correct procedures for dates/letters in order as per BPA rulings. Have POPLA appeal access with their evidence though that shows stream of correspondence.
    2. Not back into UK until end of month due to being executor of loved ones burial overseas. So no access to post if PE send me court proceedings letters. This is the bit I'm most stressed out about! Not sure if I need to preempt court letters in case they arrrive before I get back to UK?

I might be naive but I'm previously used to companies having some shred of humility in this situation - I've got full written evidence. Any advice would be greatly appreciated In how to fight dealing with these types of operators. I'm open to suggestion. Thank you.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Aug 17, 5:24 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Aug 17, 5:24 PM
    • 4th Aug 17, 5:24 PM
    Forget any sympathy from pe.

Have you actually got a ccj against you?

If so what was the date of the judgement?

You have a month to pay the ccj in full otherwise it remains on the register blighting your credit status for 6 years.

Read up on set aside and decide whether to go that route or pay
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 4th Aug 17, 5:31 PM
    • 7,375 Posts
    • 6,421 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 4th Aug 17, 5:31 PM
    • 4th Aug 17, 5:31 PM
    He/she appears to have an LBC.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Angels44
    • By Angels44 8th Aug 17, 3:18 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Angels44
    • 8th Aug 17, 3:18 PM
    • 8th Aug 17, 3:18 PM
    Quentin no CCJ so far haven't received any info at present. Will be back at the property end of the month so if they've posted anything I will have info by then. Thks.
    • Angels44
    • By Angels44 8th Aug 17, 3:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Angels44
    • 8th Aug 17, 3:21 PM
    • 8th Aug 17, 3:21 PM
    Letter before County court claim was sent to friends address befor POPLA appeal was submitted. Just clarified with them now.
    • Angels44
    • By Angels44 15th Sep 17, 1:55 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Angels44
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:55 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:55 PM
    Afternoon all,

I've now received a County court letter from ParkingEye in relation to the above. I wanted to ask if anyone has thread links so I can put together a letter/read up on next right steps to fight this.

Any help as always is greatly appreciated.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    What does the letter say?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,044 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    Is it a claim form?

If so, go to post #2 of the NEWBIES thread and do the AOS online, on MCOL, as shown there in a link. Then work on your defence with our help!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Angels44
    • By Angels44 15th Sep 17, 2:35 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Angels44
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:35 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:35 PM
    Thanks for your reply. It's a reply within 14 days, pay up or else. Letter before County court.
    • Angels44
    • By Angels44 15th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Angels44
    Yep to the best of my knowledge. Will do. Thank you for the reply.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,216Posts Today

7,070Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin