IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye county court letter HELP

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No comment.
    my point was that i can totally see why someone would pay money out to get someone to do it for them-whether its all legit is probably another thread on its own:) This is a minefield. there are clearly numerous people on here with a vast amount of knowledge and by spending hours...yes hours...i have learnt a great deal , however, putting together my own defence has been difficult as the legal terminology is just way out of my comfort zone. I dont consider myself a stupid person-however i feel it when doing this and im relying on everyones expertise for help:(
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 28 August 2017 at 5:26PM
    Options
    no problem in relying on expert help , you put the effort in , people here will help you, even if its only to point out the b********* obvious , lol

and the "no comment" comment was because some people were involved in that defence writing service and are no longer involved (so tongue in cheek)

we dont expect people like yourself to be experts in this field , few people are

we have had (and stilll have) solicitors that come on here asking for help, then when they have been "educated" in this sc@mmers paradise world they learn , then stick around to help others

the same applies to teachers and various other professions too

in your profession, think of those poor health workers at Cardiff UHW being sc@mmed by Indigo , ZZPS , the trust themselves, and certain Welsh Assembly MP,s

they have had patients and ordinary lay people trying to help them to beat the bullies
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You are doing better now that the penny has dropped about what you need to do.

However, it is beyond me why you have copied from a completely different Civil Enforcement specific defence instead of copying from Johnersh's ''own space'' one, or the one I showed you earlier, that I put together using Johnersh's style of headings.

The CEL one is specific to CEL cases, e.g. this is NOT TRUE of ParkingEye:
    This Claimant files serial claims regarding sites where they have lost the contract, known as revenge claims and it believed this is one such case.

Why copy a different one that the ones I advised you to read and use?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    as Johnersh is a "legal eagle" you should heed the wise words above

also if LOC123 replies , take heed of those wise words too
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    think i just was overwhelmed. i found the post johnershs own space and then couldnt find the post again. slightly brain dead. ill look again.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    found it. will do another draft. thankyou all for your advice and patience. ill put up the new draft asap. ill get there in the end i promise;)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I linked you to a defence I wrote, based on it, only yesterday. Look at the linked pepipoo defence, as well as Johnersh's one.

I can't understand why you clicked on a CEL example defence but at least you know to bin it!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    so here goes.!!!
    **i have put in number 5 however that isnt really relevant to me is it? as already mentioned a while back i cannot contact the patient or provide their details( confidentiality rules. also the fact they speak VERY minimal english) so i cannot provide their leasehold or know the terms within it. maybe i need to tell them that in my defence though?
    ** also shall i add in somewhere the points i made in my earlier draft about ANPR monitoring, grace period, frustration of contract?

DEFENCE

Preliminary
    1. The Particulars of Claim lack specificity and are embarrassing. The Defendant is prejudiced and is unable to prepare a full and complete Defence. The Defendant reserves the right to seek from the Court permission to serve an Amended Defence should the Claimant add to or expand his Particulars at a later stage of these proceedings and/or to limit the Claimant only to the unevidenced allegations in the Particulars.

2. The Particulars of Claim fail to refer to the material terms of any contract and neither comply with the CPR 16 in respect of statements of case, nor the relevant practice direction in respect of claims formed by contract or conduct. The Defendant further notes the Claimant's failure to engage in pre-action correspondence in accordance with the pre-action protocol and with the express aim of avoiding contested litigation.

Background
    3. It is admitted that at all material times the Defendant is the registered keeper of vehicle registration mark XXZZZ which is the subject of these proceedings. The vehicle is insured with [provider] with [number] of named drivers permitted to use it.

4. It is admitted that on [date] the Defendant's vehicle was parked at [location]

Authority to Park and Primacy of Contract
    5. It is denied that the Defendant was in breach of any parking conditions or was not permitted to park in circumstances where an express permission to park had been granted to the Defendant permitting the above mentioned vehicle to be parked by the current occupier and leaseholder of [address], whose tenancy agreement permits the parking of vehicle(s) on land. The Defendant avers that there was an absolute entitlement to park deriving from the terms of the lease, which cannot be fettered by any alleged parking terms. The lease terms provide the right to park a vehicle in the relevant allocated bay, without limitation as to type of vehicle, ownership of vehicle, the user of the vehicle or the requirement to display a parking permit. A copy of the lease will be provided to the Court, together with witness evidence that prior permission to park had been given.

6. The Defendant avers that the operator’s signs cannot (i) override the existing rights enjoyed by residents and their visitors and (ii) that parking easements cannot retrospectively and unilaterally be restricted where provided for within the lease. The Claimant will rely upon the judgments on appeal of HHJ Harris QC in Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd (2016) and of Sir Christopher Slade in K-Sultana Saeed v Plustrade Ltd [2001] EWCA Civ 2011. The Court will be referred to further similar fact cases in the event that this matter proceeds to trial.

7. Accordingly it is denied that:
    7.1. there was any agreement as between the Defendant and the Claimant
    7.2. the Claimant has suffered loss or damage or that there is a lawful basis to pursue a claim for loss.

Alternative Claim - Failure to set out clearly parking terms
    8. The Defendant relies upon ParkingEye Ltd v Barry Beavis (2015) UKSC 67 insofar as the Court were willing to impose a penalty in the context of a site of commercial value and where the signage regarding the penalties imposed for any breach of parking terms were clear - both upon entry to the site and throughout.
    8.1. The Defendant avers that the parking signage in this matter was, without prejudice to his/her primary defence above, inadequate.
    8.1.1. At the time of the material events the signage was deficient in number, distribution, wording and lighting to reasonably convey a contractual obligation;
    8.1.2. The signage did not comply with the requirements of the Code of Practice of the Independent Parking Committee’s ("IPC") Accredited Operators Scheme, an organisation to which the Claimant was a signatory; and
    8.1.3. The signage contained particularly onerous terms not sufficiently drawn to the attention of the visitor as set out in the leading judgment of Denning MR in J Spurling v Bradshaw [1956] EWCA Civ 3
    8.2. The Defendant avers that the residential site that is the subject of these proceedings is not a site where there is a commercial value to be protected. The Claimant has not suffered loss or pecuniary disadvantage. The penalty charge is, accordingly, unconscionable in this context, with ParkingEye distinguished.

9. It is denied that the Claimant has standing to bring any claim in the absence of a contract that expressly permits the Claimant to do so, in addition to merely undertaking parking management. The Claimant has provided no proof of any such entitlement.

10. It is denied that the Claimant has any entitlement to the sums sought.

11. It is admitted that interest may be applicable, subject to the discretion of the Court on any sum (if awarded), but it is denied that interest is applicable on the total sums claimed by the Claimant.

STATEMENT OF TRUTH
    I confirm that the contents of the Defence are true.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sorry:(:(:(
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 28 August 2017 at 6:26PM
    Options
    OK, something to work with now...give us a while to think about that and adapt it.

Where is the location, it is rare for ParkingEye to maraud around near blocks of flats? So which flats/where?

Is it at the edge of a Hospital site?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure