Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 12,699Posts
    • 40,256Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 13
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 29th Nov 17, 3:05 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 7,430 Thanks
    NBLondon
    You should be able to just select another available one and then when you log the items as prepared, you can say "No" to "Did you put SMART XXXX with the package?" and select the one that you did use.
    This Be the Verse - Philip Larkin. The first line that everyone knows.
    • millie
    • By millie 8th Dec 17, 12:46 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    millie
    I have had an email telling me that I have four weeks left on the survey, I have had posting pack that takes me up to the end of December. This is the first time I have done this particular survey and am a bit confused. The original email asking me to take part was 7th April. I started the training at the end of April so if I include the training I have been doing it for Eight months, I have had 6 lots of 1st class and large letter stamps, a presentation pack at the start and a book of Christmas stamps a couple of weeks ago. Does this sound right. I thought it was for 6 months and I got stamps for every completed month. I have done eight months.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 8th Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 7,430 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Hi Millie,

It's roughly 6 months - but I have usually found it runs on to 7 or 8. You should have had one lot of stamps for training and then one for each live month so - when was your first live pack? May or June? They have been sending the incentive stamps at the end of the previous month - with a slip telling you which month it's for so I would expect you to have had December's in November. (The Christmas booklet is a bonus.)
    • crunchie96
    • By crunchie96 8th Dec 17, 2:36 PM
    • 173 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    crunchie96
    christmas stamp
    i got only 6 xmas stamps and was told to return them was told would send me new pack but nothing til now !!! they dont send and when you phone get told they have have been posting letters for a year nearly now and they say will finish next week all this time only 1 presentation pack
    • millie
    • By millie 8th Dec 17, 2:44 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    millie
    Hi Millie,

It's roughly 6 months - but I have usually found it runs on to 7 or 8. You should have had one lot of stamps for training and then one for each live month so - when was your first live pack? May or June? They have been sending the incentive stamps at the end of the previous month - with a slip telling you which month it's for so I would expect you to have had December's in November. (The Christmas booklet is a bonus.)
    Originally posted by NBLondon

I think my 1st live pack was probably end of May. probably did have Decembers pack in November. I will have to keep a better check next time around. I think I have had my last posting pack came on Monday and there are postings for w/c 18th and one letter for w/c 25th. Perhaps they will send the presentation stamps separately.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 8th Dec 17, 2:54 PM
    • 4,574 Posts
    • 14,797 Thanks
    redagila
    i got only 6 xmas stamps and was told to return them was told would send me new pack but nothing til now !!! they dont send and when you phone get told they have have been posting letters for a year nearly now and they say will finish next week all this time only 1 presentation pack
    Originally posted by crunchie96

You will get another presentation pack when you actually finish your posting period. If you don't receive them send them an email.
    I don't understand why you were told to return the Xmas stamps as these are extra stamps sent at this time of the year if you are still a "live" poster.
    It is useful to keep a record of the stamps you receive so that you know you are not missing any. I have always found that they have sent the odd missing ones without any problem.
    • millie
    • By millie 8th Dec 17, 2:59 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    millie
    You will get another presentation pack when you actually finish your posting period. If you don't receive them send them an email.
    I don't understand why you were told to return the Xmas stamps as these are extra stamps sent at this time of the year if you are still a "live" poster.
    It is useful to keep a record of the stamps you receive so that you know you are not missing any. I have always found that they have sent the odd missing ones without any problem.
    Originally posted by redagila

Thanks I will do next time
    • littlemoney
    • By littlemoney 8th Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    • 212 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    littlemoney
    Signed for delivery
    Nothing to do with the survey but an interesting note that I received a signed for delivery today. The postman didn't ring the door bell, he just put it through the letter box with another item.

I have checked track and chase and there is a signature, not mine. It is timed just after I received it. I wonder if this service is ever checked as the sender has paid for something they didn't get.

I also wonder what would have happened if I didn't get it. Would Royal Mail claim I did as there was a signature?
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 11th Dec 17, 10:48 AM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 7,430 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I have checked track and chase and there is a signature, not mine. It is timed just after I received it. I wonder if this service is ever checked as the sender has paid for something they didn't get.
    Originally posted by littlemoney
    I doubt RM would check. There might be some random sampling to see if there is a signature but not to check if it was the correct one.

Some time back - I used to regularly send out documents signed for. More than once - I got a response from the recipient (so I knew it had arrived) but the tracking was not showing a signature. I always claimed from RM and got a book of 6x1st (which was worth more than the extra cost of a signed for).

I also wonder what would have happened if I didn't get it. Would Royal Mail claim I did as there was a signature?
    Bet some folks on the eBay forum have experience of that. You'd have to convince the sender that it wasn't your signature and get them to pressure RM. AFAIK - RM deliver to an address not a person so they could argue that they believe they delivered it to a family member or housemate and have thus fulfilled the contract.

Which brings up an idea What if TNS added "signed for" to the survey? That could detect problems with a few extra questions on the website.
    Last edited by NBLondon; Yesterday at 10:48 AM. Reason: Extra blank lines
    • custardy
    • By custardy 11th Dec 17, 11:58 AM
    • 32,767 Posts
    • 27,494 Thanks
    custardy
    Nothing to do with the survey but an interesting note that I received a signed for delivery today. The postman didn't ring the door bell, he just put it through the letter box with another item.

Originally posted by littlemoney
    Many posties believe they do recipients a 'favour' by signing for them.
    Plus it saves them time.
    Many customers moan when they have to collect an item that would have fitted through the letterbox.
    Whats the solution?
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 11th Dec 17, 5:26 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 7,430 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Senders and Receivers communicating? It's OK in Greendale when everybody knows each other and that the postie is an honest and upright fellow (despite the yakuza connection).

But here in Sarf Lundun - it leaves things open to abuse by a) a dodgy or incompetent temp postie b) a dodgy neighbour c) a dodgy eBay buyer (demands a refund even though they do have the item) d) a dodgy eBay seller (won't ask RM if an item has actually been mis-delivered or mis-appropriated).

It would be good if it worked like the "Leave it with a Neighbour/ in pre-agreed safe place" but that effectively requires the DO to have this on file for every address and some way for postie to check this when there's no answer at the door.
    • anamenottaken
    • By anamenottaken 11th Dec 17, 6:41 PM
    • 4,001 Posts
    • 3,452 Thanks
    anamenottaken
    Received jiffy today - no attempt to fold flap in order to seal it - fortunately R number paper and Smart were still inside.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,062Posts Today

6,394Users online

Martin's Twitter