Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mumblingtaff
    • By mumblingtaff 2nd Aug 17, 7:19 AM
    • 141Posts
    • 3,723Thanks
    mumblingtaff
    Diary no 3 - Still MumblingTaff's Ramblings.....
    • 2nd Aug 17, 7:19 AM
    Diary no 3 - Still MumblingTaff's Ramblings..... 2nd Aug 17 at 7:19 AM
    Hi,
    For those of you that know me and think I've disappeared off the planet again - please don't worry, I haven't!!
    Somehow my original diary thread was mysteriously deleted last Thursday and cannot be reinstated (the forum team have kindly investigated) - they think it's due to users pressing the spam button unnecessarily and then the thread is removed magically.

Anyway, I'll set up a new diary here and ramble on as usual to myself and anyone else that fancies "listening".
    It's a bit annoying as all of my lists and goals were on my old diary but I suppose I can use it as a good opportunity to make some new ones
Page 6
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 30th Sep 17, 9:08 PM
    • 401 Posts
    • 2,065 Thanks
    redofromstart
    I want to visit your demented sadist, wish I could find a good nasty one to sort out my back. Enjoy your evening of peace.
    • mumblingtaff
    • By mumblingtaff 1st Oct 17, 6:46 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    mumblingtaff
    Hi Red, I'm not sure that it's a good idea! Am aching all over this morning - actually feel bruised!!

Woke up early this morning, 5.30 am as if I'm going to work, very annoying on a Sunday. Just waiting for it to get light so I can go for a walk with the dog to loosen off the back.
    Will then get the bit of marking out of the way and write some exam papers before tesco opens at 10am.
    • mumblingtaff
    • By mumblingtaff 1st Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    mumblingtaff
    Had a fairly productive day - done lots of admin and written one outcomes report and 4 exam papers. Lots of work still to do tomorrow but need stuff from work to finish the big report that needs writing for governors.

Have been for a big walk, tidied the house and made a big batch of lentil Dahl - the first time I've tried it and it turned out really well miraculously
    Have some for lunch tomorrow too - long day at work tomorrow so will need a proper lunch.
    Spent the afternoon with OH but we both had work to do tonight so I came home around 6.30.
    Have spoken to mum and all ok there.

Going to watch telly for a bit, catching up on Doc Martin ( my guilty pleasure) and one more episode of something. Early night tonight after an early start.....
    • mumblingtaff
    • By mumblingtaff 1st Oct 17, 8:59 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    mumblingtaff
    Forgot to add that I spent £40 in tesco - within budget - £200 for the month (4 weeks worth of shopping)
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 2nd Oct 17, 9:05 AM
    • 3,413 Posts
    • 26,580 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Glad to catch up with your new diary. Great news about your OH's headship, will it start in September?
    Takes the pressure off with you no longer working together?

I love your commitment to your dog, it shines out!
    • mumblingtaff
    • By mumblingtaff 7th Oct 17, 10:28 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    mumblingtaff
    Sorry I've not been around all week - it's been bonkers.... But it's the weekend now thankfully.
    Got a few things to do....

Walk the dog in pouring rain - done
    Grocery shopping- done, £38 spent
    Sunbed - done
    2 loads of washing - one done
    Hoover and dust - done
    Clean wooden floors - done
    Clean bathrooms
    Tidy kitchen - done
    Do the bins - done
    Mark a set of exams - done
    Write some cover lessons for the coming week
    Take trousers back to M&S
    Buy suit trousers - others are too big now
    Get cash out - done
    Go to cinema with free tickets
    Work stuff prep

Also need to phone Amazon again - some charmer has hacked my account and bought a play station and games and I've been charged for it - £350!!! Was not thrilled - they've promised a refund but nothing's turned up yet
    Going to spend the afternoon and evening with OH so better get cracking...
    Last edited by mumblingtaff; 07-10-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

377Posts Today

3,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin