Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 1st Aug 17, 2:19 PM
    • 396Posts
    • 121Thanks
    MallRat
    Males 18-30 from South/Midlands needed for £50 phone conversation task / 2-3hrs work
    • 1st Aug 17, 2:19 PM
    Males 18-30 from South/Midlands needed for £50 phone conversation task / 2-3hrs work 1st Aug 17 at 2:19 PM
    Hi everyone

I recently completed the following project for Appen, and am now attempting to recruit more participants on their behalf.

As quotas for most demographics have now been reached, you must fulfil the following criteria to take part:
    ∑ Male
    ∑ Aged 18-30
    ∑ Grew up or lived in the Midlands or South of England for more than 10 years
    ∑ Have access to a landline and mobile phone

The project task involves having 12 five-minute phone conversations with a friend/relative, which will be recorded. This process should take approx 2-3 hours. On successful completion of the calls and an online form, participants will receive £50. (And no charges are incurred in making the calls.)

I believe you will also need a Paypal account in order to receive your payment.

As a referrer, I will earn a fee for each person who completes the task having used my unique code on their interest form. My code (RID number) is R106, and the link to the interest form is here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by MallRat; 21-09-2017 at 5:10 PM. Reason: Updated
Page 1
    • Robinette
    • By Robinette 4th Aug 17, 2:00 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Robinette
    • 4th Aug 17, 2:00 PM
    • 4th Aug 17, 2:00 PM
    Just to say that I have completed this task and the two- to three-hour timeframe is very generous. It took me less than 1.5 hours, making the rate of pay very good.
    • electracy
    • By electracy 4th Aug 17, 7:19 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    electracy
    • 4th Aug 17, 7:19 PM
    • 4th Aug 17, 7:19 PM
    I am signed up to do this but I can't find anyone who wants to talk to me whilst being recorded.
    • Chia
    • By Chia 5th Aug 17, 1:14 PM
    • 260 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    Chia
    • 5th Aug 17, 1:14 PM
    • 5th Aug 17, 1:14 PM
    Thanks, have just submitted the form using your referral.
    • Robinette
    • By Robinette 16th Aug 17, 4:30 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Robinette
    • 16th Aug 17, 4:30 PM
    • 16th Aug 17, 4:30 PM
    Does anyone know when we will get paid for completing this task? I'm not registered with Appen and asked to be paid via PayPal. I have emailed to enquire, but have not received a reply.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 16th Aug 17, 5:29 PM
    • 396 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    • 16th Aug 17, 5:29 PM
    • 16th Aug 17, 5:29 PM
    Does anyone know when we will get paid for completing this task? I'm not registered with Appen and asked to be paid via PayPal. I have emailed to enquire, but have not received a reply.
    Originally posted by Robinette
    I completed it on 24 July. Then received an email saying the calls had passed the quality check on the 31st, and was paid on 3 August. Oh, and I also received an earlier email confirming they'd received my completion form 2 days after I finished. Have you heard anything from them so far?
    Last edited by MallRat; 16-08-2017 at 5:34 PM.
    • Robinette
    • By Robinette 16th Aug 17, 6:00 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Robinette
    • 16th Aug 17, 6:00 PM
    • 16th Aug 17, 6:00 PM
    No, I submitted the form on 31 July and haven't heard anything since. Will chase again - thanks for your reply.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 16th Aug 17, 6:12 PM
    • 396 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    • 16th Aug 17, 6:12 PM
    • 16th Aug 17, 6:12 PM
    No, I submitted the form on 31 July and haven't heard anything since. Will chase again - thanks for your reply.
    Oh, OK. Seems like either they're doing things differently at the moment, or something may have gone wrong. I've just emailed the team member I'm in contact with explaining your situation, so will let you know when I hear something back.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 22nd Aug 17, 12:25 PM
    • 396 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    • 22nd Aug 17, 12:25 PM
    • 22nd Aug 17, 12:25 PM
    Oh, OK. Seems like either they're doing things differently at the moment, or something may have gone wrong. I've just emailed the team member I'm in contact with explaining your situation, so will let you know when I hear something back.
    Originally posted by MallRat
    Argh..! Just realised you completed the task before I even posted this thread, so you got the referral from somewhere else. So, sorry for sticking my beak in, but I hope you've got your payment now anyway!
    • Robinette
    • By Robinette 22nd Aug 17, 12:28 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Robinette
    I have - and thanks for being so helpful!!
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 24th Aug 17, 4:12 PM
    • 11,572 Posts
    • 7,827 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    I am signed up to do this but I can't find anyone who wants to talk to me whilst being recorded.
    Originally posted by electracy
    I would gladly be your partner for this task.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 24th Aug 17, 5:36 PM
    • 396 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    Just been informed that quotas for most demographics are now reached, so have updated the OP accordingly.

• electracy
    • By electracy 26th Aug 17, 7:00 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    electracy
    Thank you for your kind offer. It's too late this time around which is my fault as I am not getting notifications from this site (which I need to fix) and didn't see your message.

I would gladly be your partner for this task.
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 7th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    • 396 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    Does not look like I've been able to refer anyone for this yet despite nearly 1500 views. So, please enter my code R106 at the top of your form if you do click through, as it would really help me out.

Just heard from my contact that 180 participants are still required, but of course you must fulfil all the conditions mentioned in the OP.
    Last edited by MallRat; 07-09-2017 at 5:46 PM.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 21st Sep 17, 5:15 PM
    • 396 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    MallRat
    As 120 more participants are still needed, Appen have now increased the payment incentive to £50.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

380Posts Today

3,631Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin