Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • apcl73
    • By apcl73 31st Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 9Thanks
    apcl73
    Another MET PCN
    • 31st Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    Another MET PCN 31st Jul 17 at 4:39 PM
    Hi all

Hope you are having a better day than me. I received a PCN from MET Services for parking in McDonalds for 76 minutes which had a limit of 60 minutes! I've read the newbie thread but want to confirm I do things properly, so any advice/help greatly appreciated.

I have a lease car. On 13 July I parked in McDonalds to get some food. It's a particularly busy McDonalds so by the time I got parking, used the facilities, got my food and ate it I went over the 60 minutes! I genuinely did not see any obvious signs about the 60 minutes limit.

Was issued a postal PCN, which went to LeasePlan who sent me a copy along with their standard letter "...transferring liability..." (I have asked LeasePlan for a copy of the letter they send to MET Services). The PCN was issued on 19th July. The letter I got from LeasePlan is dated 26th July.

I'd like some advice on what to do/what happens next.

1) Do I wait 21 days from LeasePlan's letter to MET Services for the PCN to be sent to me? And if the correspondence from MET Services does not contain all the documents mentioned in POFA 13.2 I should write to them as per elmarcino's (sorry can't post a link - it refers to Edna Basher's template)

2) If they do send all the documents then I should follow the normal procedure of sending them the blue email?

3) What if I get nothing from them - should I appeal?

I've already told LeasePlan that I will be appealing this.

As above, any advice greatly appreciated. Want to make sure I follow the proper procedure as this is ridiculous.

Thanks all
    apcl73
Page 2
    • apcl73
    • By apcl73 8th Oct 17, 3:52 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    apcl73
    Hi all

Wanted to let you know I won my POPLA appeal. Thanks to all those that helped and provided guidance - much appreciated.

For anyone else in a similar position with a lease car the steps I followed are:

1) Got a notification from my lease company who passed on my details to MPS - I told them not to make any payment and any letters needed to be referred to me.
    2) Got PCN from MPS a few days later.
    3) At about day 21 I wrote to MPS using this thread as a guide: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69859059#post69859059].
    4) Got no acknowledgement of my appeal from MPS even though I chased up.
    5) MPS rejected and sent me POPLA code.
    5) Logged into POPLA site and submitted this: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5687900#18 as a PDF.
    6) Got a response a few days ago via email - WIN!

I hope this helps someone.

Thanks again
    Last edited by apcl73; 09-10-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Tidied up a little.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,704Posts Today

6,859Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin