Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wncr
    • By wncr 30th Jul 17, 10:07 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    wncr
    Parkingeye -notice received 20 > days later
    • 30th Jul 17, 10:07 PM
    Parkingeye -notice received 20 > days later 30th Jul 17 at 10:07 PM
    My wife received a parking ticket as she is the registered keeper of the car from Parking eye on the 15th July -Parking eye letter was dated 13th July 2017.
    My wife appealed it saying she was not the driver on that day and also mentioned that they are > 14 days late for asking information.

She received a email from parking eye as attached bellow.

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 23 June 2017.We are writing to advise you that your recent appeal has been placed on hold whilst we await further information. You have stated that you were not the driver of the vehicle at the date and time of the breach of the terms and conditions of the car park, but you have not indicated who was. ParkingEye have placed this charge on hold for 28 days to enable you to provide the evidence requested. If this information is not provided within 28 days, the appeal may well be rejected and a POPLA code provided.Alternatively,

my main point is letter from the parking eye was dated 20 days after the said date -23rd June.
    Please someone can advise how we should proceed from here ,.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by wncr; 30-07-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 30th Jul 17, 10:15 PM
    • 15,514 Posts
    • 19,596 Thanks
    Redx
    • 30th Jul 17, 10:15 PM
    • 30th Jul 17, 10:15 PM
    IGNORE and wait for the rejection and POPLA code

they cannot win AGAINST THE KEEPER if they failed POFA 2012 and clearly they failed it

they are phishing for the drivers details to get it back on track, do not succumb
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • wncr
    • By wncr 30th Jul 17, 10:40 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wncr
    • 30th Jul 17, 10:40 PM
    • 30th Jul 17, 10:40 PM
    Many thanks Redx we will wait for POPLA code
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 30th Jul 17, 10:43 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 30th Jul 17, 10:43 PM
    • 30th Jul 17, 10:43 PM
    You should edit your post to remove information about who stopped. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, even on here. Parking scammers monitor this site.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • wncr
    • By wncr 9th Aug 17, 12:55 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wncr
    • 9th Aug 17, 12:55 PM
    • 9th Aug 17, 12:55 PM
    preliminary draft -POPLA

Hi guys i have drafted a letter for POPLA appeal - please advise if this is adequate or need any further details.
    Many thanks

Dear sir/Madam,

I am writing to challenge a parking charge notice received for parking at ---------car park on the .............2017 . This Parking Charge notice was issued by PrkingEye Ltd.
    I am the registered keeper on the vehicle -------received the parking notice for the alleged overstay but I was not the driver of the above vehicle on the 23/6/2017. I received the parking charge notice on the 15/7/2017 and Parking Eye letter was dated 13.07.2017.

As the keeper of the vehicle I am not liable for this charge notice or to provide any further details of the driver because ParkingEye Ltd have failed the POFA2012 on delivering a Parking Charge notice to a keeper within 14 days,

(4)The notice must be given by—
    (a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or
    (b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.
    (5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

I request this Parking charge note to be cancelled due to reasons mentioned above.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 17, 1:39 PM
    • 14,544 Posts
    • 22,891 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Aug 17, 1:39 PM
    • 9th Aug 17, 1:39 PM
    If you're feeling uber confident in POPLA's reliability in understanding your single-point appeal (and you've checked and double checked those dates) and they won't be pressurised by the 59 page PE template evidence pack and feel that PE have made a strong enough case on a number of other points, to overwhelm your (very correct) assertion that they have failed to hold the keeper liable, then send it off.

But for the sake of copying and pasting, using the ready-made template appeal points in post #3 of the sticky, you could so easily have a number of other avenues potentially closed off.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 9th Aug 17, 3:00 PM
    • 10,198 Posts
    • 9,330 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 9th Aug 17, 3:00 PM
    • 9th Aug 17, 3:00 PM
    The one additional point I would make if it was me (I like the genuine single point appeal personally when the case is as yours) is disputing their contract. It is obvious that they have some sort of contract that allows them to post signs etc, but does it give them the right to pursue motorists for money? You demand that they show the contract.

If you look at POPLA Decisions thread, the recent cases have all been won on the PPC failing to produce the contract
    • wncr
    • By wncr 16th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wncr
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    Hi Guys

I finally received a reply to my appeal, but the POPLA code issued is invalid when I enter it on the POPLA appeal website
    There is no telephone number or any valid email (correspondence via NoReply) to inquire this from ParkingEye.
    What should I do?
    Regards
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    • 3,633 Posts
    • 1,851 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    Hi Guys

I finally received a reply to my appeal, but the POPLA code issued is invalid when I enter it on the POPLA appeal website
    There is no telephone number or any valid email (correspondence via NoReply) to inquire this from ParkingEye.
    What should I do?
    Regards
    Originally posted by wncr
    When did you receive that reply?
    If it was in the last day or two, try the POPLA code again a few days into next week.

Apparently it may take a couple of days to be come 'live'.

Anyway, POPLA won't be fixing it over the weekend.
    • wncr
    • By wncr 16th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wncr
    I received it on the 12th Sept
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Sep 17, 12:27 AM
    • 50,050 Posts
    • 63,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It is unlike ParkingEye to send a non-working POPLA code, does it start 606 and have something like 2557 in the middle?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• wncr
    • By wncr 17th Sep 17, 11:18 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wncr
    numbers are similar ,but did not work ,
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Sep 17, 2:05 PM
    • 50,050 Posts
    • 63,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What's different? I might be able to work out the error.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• wncr
    • By wncr 18th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    wncr
    I have contacted POPLA - PE issued me with a expired code.
    PE code was actually invalid as it was more than 28 days old. PE email with the code was on the 12th Sept. POPLA advised me to go back to PE.
    PE email is 'noreply' and no other telephone number in their PE website. can anyone advise on ths situation please.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    • 14,544 Posts
    • 22,891 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    When stuck for an email it's always worth trying a speculative 'info@......', or similar.

So try:

info@parkingeye.co.uk

enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

appeals@parkingeye.co.uk

See how you go with those; if one bounces back, try the next.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 18th Sep 17, 11:48 AM
    • 10,198 Posts
    • 9,330 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Make sure you include the expired POPLA code in your appeal as a further point to show that PE have not only failed to meet POFA timescales but also issued out of date POPLA codes thereby showing that their admin is clearly in trouble.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,811Posts Today

6,642Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin