Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 30th Jul 17, 9:53 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 8Thanks
    brobbo1989
    CCA request reply help
    • 30th Jul 17, 9:53 PM
    CCA request reply help 30th Jul 17 at 9:53 PM
    Hi all,

Recently done a CCA request to Robinson way for an account that I'm planning on clearing.
    I have no up to date account info so thought it would be a good idea to send a request and get an up to date statement of account.

I send the cca request, got a reply within a few days saying that the documents have been requested, and also another letter after that saying that the account is temporally on hold
    I understand they have 12 days to respond, they have responded but with nothing in a way of an agreement/statement.

I have tried to upload but unable due to being a new member

thanks
    Brad
Page 2
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 24th Sep 17, 1:51 PM
    • 1,490 Posts
    • 3,132 Thanks
    IAmWales
    What happened to the £40K you had in the bank, have you now bought a house?
    • brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 24th Sep 17, 2:05 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    She owns a car and is employed
    would it be best to leave the form then? as this seems it will give them more ammunition to enforce the debt?
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 24th Sep 17, 2:38 PM
    • 11,378 Posts
    • 8,538 Thanks
    fatbelly
    I don't see why they need to know about whether she owns a car or it's HP or lease.

Likewise, her employment/ self-employed status is not relevant. I'm sure you can be creative when you fill in the form.
    • brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 24th Sep 17, 2:42 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    ill send it how it is, leaves about £10 a month
    but have said on the letter that she is on a zero hour contract and income isn't guaranteed which isn't a lie.

ive wrote this:

"With reference to you letter dated 19/09/2017, I have supplied the requested Income/Expenditure Form. I would like to stress that I am on zero hour contract so my monthly income isn’t guaranteed and could be reduced at any time so have filled the form in to the best of my knowledge.
    The £100 offer was from a relative of myself and will be made directly from them to Robinson way via a cheque,Robinson way are the first creditor I have approached with this settlement offer, payment can be made within 7 days of receiving a reply to this letter.

Thank you for confirming that you will update my credit file as partially settled with a Zero balance on completion of payment."

how does this sound?
    • brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 7th Oct 17, 10:04 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    so I've received a letter back from Robinson way.

Stating that they have forwarded the settlement to their client and will be in touch when they get a response.
    They have also said that if accepted they will update the credit file as partially satisfied as opposed to satisfied

is this normal practise?

Brad
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,910Posts Today

8,911Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin