Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 30th Jul 17, 9:53 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 8Thanks
    brobbo1989
    CCA request reply help
    • 30th Jul 17, 9:53 PM
    CCA request reply help 30th Jul 17 at 9:53 PM
    Hi all,

Recently done a CCA request to Robinson way for an account that I'm planning on clearing.
    I have no up to date account info so thought it would be a good idea to send a request and get an up to date statement of account.

I send the cca request, got a reply within a few days saying that the documents have been requested, and also another letter after that saying that the account is temporally on hold
    I understand they have 12 days to respond, they have responded but with nothing in a way of an agreement/statement.

I have tried to upload but unable due to being a new member

thanks
    Brad
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 30th Jul 17, 10:34 PM
    • 12,175 Posts
    • 11,637 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 30th Jul 17, 10:34 PM
    • 30th Jul 17, 10:34 PM
    Hi,

What is it they have sent you, how old is the account, and what type of debt does it relate to ?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 30th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    • 30th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 30th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    The account is for next directory, from around the year 2012/2013
    The first letter encloses the £1 postal order I sent them and says that the documents have been requested and has my original CCA request stapled to the rear of this letter.

The second letter has an amount, their reference and the account (next directory) and goes on to say:
    "following your request, we have today asked for a copy of the agreement/statement. we have put your account on hold temporarily and we will contact you when we receive the documentation"

thanks
    Brad
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 31st Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    • 12,175 Posts
    • 11,637 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 31st Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    • 31st Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    Right, so just wait and see what they send you.

Expect it to take around a month to complete, the 12 days thing are just guidelines, it's not set in stone.
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

• brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 21st Aug 17, 11:41 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    • 21st Aug 17, 11:41 PM
    • 21st Aug 17, 11:41 PM
    Just an update, I still haven't received anything from Robinson way since the last letter.
    what would be the next step?

regards
    Brad
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 21st Aug 17, 11:52 PM
    • 12,175 Posts
    • 11,637 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 21st Aug 17, 11:52 PM
    • 21st Aug 17, 11:52 PM
    Just an update, I still haven't received anything from Robinson way since the last letter.
    what would be the next step?

regards
    Brad
    Originally posted by brobbo1989
    Give it two more weeks then if nothing received, send a reminder to them.

• brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 28th Aug 17, 8:31 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    • 28th Aug 17, 8:31 PM
    • 28th Aug 17, 8:31 PM
    been one week since your post, for the reminder letter what is advisable to include?
    thanks
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 28th Aug 17, 8:33 PM
    • 12,175 Posts
    • 11,637 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 28th Aug 17, 8:33 PM
    • 28th Aug 17, 8:33 PM
    been one week since your post, for the reminder letter what is advisable to include?
    thanks
    Just refer them to your original letter and ask them to update you.

• brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 28th Aug 17, 8:35 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    • 28th Aug 17, 8:35 PM
    • 28th Aug 17, 8:35 PM
    super, thanks mate
    once this been sent and received, whats the next step on this journey?
    regards
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 28th Aug 17, 9:21 PM
    • 12,175 Posts
    • 11,637 Thanks
    sourcrates
    super, thanks mate
    once this been sent and received, whats the next step on this journey?
    regards
    Well until they get back to you the debt remains unenforceable.

No doubt they will write with either the info you requested or to tell you they can't provide it, it's a waiting game I'm afraid.

• brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 4th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    so I have had a reply and not too sure what to make of it
    they have sent an agreement, but not one with my name or signature on it

thanks
    Brad
    • Arleen
    • By Arleen 4th Sep 17, 8:23 PM
    • 962 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    Arleen
    They are correct in the explanation that they do not have to provide the document with your signature, or even a copy of the exact document you've signed but simply one that has all the points of original agreement.

So what's next is figuring out how do you want to pay the account.
    • brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 4th Sep 17, 8:57 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    would I be able to provide them with a full and final settlement to clear the account?
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 4th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    • 11,348 Posts
    • 8,514 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Yes, that may be the best way forward.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 4th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    • 12,175 Posts
    • 11,637 Thanks
    sourcrates
    It's not a very legible copy, but probably good enough.

Try making Robinson way an offer, or ask them what they would accept, don't be shy !!

• brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 4th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    It's not a very legible copy, but probably good enough.

Try making Robinson way an offer, or ask them what they would accept, don't be shy !!
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    could I do this via email or is letter still the best way to go?
    if I was to ask them what they would accept id image they would just say the full balance?
    what is the best percentage to start at? 50%?

Brad
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 4th Sep 17, 9:56 PM
    • 12,175 Posts
    • 11,637 Thanks
    sourcrates
    could I do this via email or is letter still the best way to go?
    if I was to ask them what they would accept id image they would just say the full balance?
    what is the best percentage to start at? 50%?

Brad
    Should really be a letter, start low, you can always increase your offer.

National debtline provide the correctly worded template letter you should use.

• brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 4th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    superb, ill take a look and keep the thread updated
    thanks
    • brobbo1989
    • By brobbo1989 24th Sep 17, 1:34 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    brobbo1989
    So had a reply to the offer I sent
    They now was a breakdown of the Income/Expenditure filled out.

on the letter at the bottom it says that it will show as partially settled with a zero balance.
    does this mean that they can't ask for the rest

Last edited by brobbo1989; 24-09-2017 at 2:06 PM.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 24th Sep 17, 1:44 PM
    • 11,348 Posts
    • 8,514 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Partially settled with a zero balance is correct for this sort of deal.

Whether you fill out their form is up to you. I notice (very useful to see the whole letter) that are trying to establish whether you own a house/own a car/are employed: three ways of enforcing a court judgement.. Also whether you have significant surplus income.

Provided you can answer negatively to all that I'd say to fill it in.

Oh, and you've missed out blanking a couple of things on the second page
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,301Posts Today

8,903Users online

Martin's Twitter