Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mayday
    • By Mayday 30th Jul 17, 8:34 AM
    • 549Posts
    • 280Thanks
    Mayday
    Royal Mail Online Postage Closing Down on 23 March 2018 - but being replaced....
    • 30th Jul 17, 8:34 AM
    Royal Mail Online Postage Closing Down on 23 March 2018 - but being replaced.... 30th Jul 17 at 8:34 AM
    Royal Mail Online Postage Closing Down on 23 March 2018

We are closing down our Online Postage application on 23 March 2018.
    After 10 years we’re replacing our platform with a new and improved service Click & Drop: our one-stop postage and labels solution ideal for consumers and small businesses:
    Quickly print one-off parcel postage without the need to register
    Pay easily using PayPal or credit/debit card
    Save all of your addresses in the online address book
    Connect your eBay, Amazon, Magento, Big Commerce and Shopify stores and fulfil all your orders
    Build up a product catalogue to remember dimensions for regular orders
    Automatically set up shipping rules for quick postage selection

Visit Click & Drop to begin buying your postage straight away and to find out more.
    You can still use the old Online Postage application for a short while by clicking here.
    We’ll keep all existing customers updated as the deadline approaches but would recommend you move across to Click & Drop as soon as possible to ease the transition.
    Please note that Click & Drop uses a pay-as-you-go model, pre-pay account functionality isn’t supported, so any outstanding balances in your Online Postage pre-pay account will have to be used before the deadline date.

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/how-buy-our-services/online-postage/online-postage
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 30th Jul 17, 9:18 AM
    • 59,286 Posts
    • 42,023 Thanks
    soolin
    • 30th Jul 17, 9:18 AM
    • 30th Jul 17, 9:18 AM
    I've been using click and drop now for quite a while, I originally used it as a standard customer paying the normal prices, then when I opened by business account I just switched to using it with that and getting the business VAT free prices.

I find it very fast and convenient as it automatically picks up all my sales from all my ebay accounts.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 30th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 1,016 Thanks
    TKPeters
    • 30th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    • 30th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    We have been using the Click & Drop for UK large Letter since dropping the Business OBA in 2012, as we have cheaper option for Tracked International Post with Deutsche Post via DHL, i.e. 500g Parcel worldwide for £5.78.
    All UK Parcels are sent via DPD Next Day i.e. 1kg £4.00 + VAT

• martindow
    • By martindow 30th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 7,199 Posts
    • 4,010 Thanks
    martindow
    • 30th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 30th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    so any outstanding balances in your Online Postage pre-pay account will have to be used before the deadline date.
    Originally posted by Mayday
    That's a bit cheeky isn't it? I think you have to top up in fixed amounts so there will inevitably be a balance left in the account. This implies that RM planning to hoover up all these amounts. Although only a few pence or pounds are involved in each account, that will add up to a tidy sum.
    • Demonfire24
    • By Demonfire24 23rd Aug 17, 2:36 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Demonfire24
    • 23rd Aug 17, 2:36 PM
    • 23rd Aug 17, 2:36 PM
    This information is false and is the result of an email scam.
    • Marcon
    • By Marcon 23rd Aug 17, 2:55 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Marcon
    • 23rd Aug 17, 2:55 PM
    Originally posted by Demonfire24
    No it isn't! Log in direct if in doubt.
    • Marcon
    • By Marcon 23rd Aug 17, 2:55 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    Marcon
    That's a bit cheeky isn't it? I think you have to top up in fixed amounts so there will inevitably be a balance left in the account. This implies that RM planning to hoover up all these amounts. Although only a few pence or pounds are involved in each account, that will add up to a tidy sum.
    Originally posted by martindow
    You have the option to simply withdraw funds, which will be returned to the card (or bank account) you used when topping up your account previously.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 23rd Aug 17, 3:08 PM
    • 3,111 Posts
    • 1,798 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 23rd Aug 17, 3:08 PM
    • 23rd Aug 17, 3:08 PM
    You have the option to simply withdraw funds, which will be returned to the card (or bank account) you used when topping up your account previously.
    The money stuck in my account was moved over there from the previous system several years ago and can't be refunded. (there is no card to refund it to). It's an odd amount and I can't see how to use it for any parcels I send.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • Mayday
    • By Mayday 23rd Aug 17, 3:17 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 280 Thanks
    Mayday
    • 23rd Aug 17, 3:17 PM
    • 23rd Aug 17, 3:17 PM
    The money stuck in my account was moved over there from the previous system several years ago and can't be refunded. (there is no card to refund it to). It's an odd amount and I can't see how to use it for any parcels I send.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    "To seek a refund for any remaining balance, please contact customer services on 03456 113 425"
    • soolin
    • By soolin 23rd Aug 17, 3:23 PM
    • 59,286 Posts
    • 42,023 Thanks
    soolin
    What an odd statement, why do you say that?

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/how-buy-our-services/online-postage/online-postage
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • tomvox
    • By tomvox 23rd Aug 17, 3:40 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    tomvox
    It certainly isn't. I was notified about a month ago by Royal Mail and I was able to withdraw my small balance back to my bank account and set up the Click and Drop account very easily.
    • Bertie Cheapskate
    • By Bertie Cheapskate 23rd Aug 17, 3:45 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Bertie Cheapskate
    Royal Mail doing the wrong thing...
    I actually came here checking if it was a scam or not, having received an email.

My view (and I work in IT) is that the mail is genuine but Royal Mail and one of their systems suppliers have been unwise .

The mail I received has links and when I hover over them, which is how you check a link without the danger of clicking on it the links are something like.. "s1937.t.en25.com/e/er?elq_mid=2734&elq_cid=6504392&s=1937&lid=11526&e lqTrackId=e80787f7a9344e9f99354f826edda845&elq=b0e 209cd8654495ab35cdf087dd04398&elqaid=2734&elqat=1"

Now that looks like a scam. You would hope for an official Royal Mail email to have links to RoyalMail.com rather than the mysterious en25.com But in this case when we look up who owns that address (known as a WHOIS check) up we find:

Registrant Contact Name:
    Domain Administrator
    Organization:
    Oracle Corporation Street:
    500 Oracle Parkway M/S 501ip3

So. It's genuine but Royal Mail and their idiot vendor appear to have gone out of their way to make it look totally like a scam. I have no idea why they would not use the standard address for Royal Mail. It's not right mail security wise.

Hope that explains why the mail looks wrong but isn't

As you were on complaints about the bad news itself...
    • Archergirl
    • By Archergirl 5th Oct 17, 4:45 PM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 564 Thanks
    Archergirl
    I am confused by this, will I still be able to stick on a stamp and go to the post office and get a proof of posting cert?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 5th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 32,501 Posts
    • 27,250 Thanks
    custardy
    I am confused by this, will I still be able to stick on a stamp and go to the post office and get a proof of posting cert?
    Originally posted by Archergirl
    of course.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

671Posts Today

6,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin