Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zuzuspetals
    • By zuzuspetals 28th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    • 191Posts
    • 938Thanks
    zuzuspetals
    Long term compers, what have you NEVER won?
    • 28th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    Long term compers, what have you NEVER won? 28th Jul 17 at 4:31 PM
    I've been doing competitions for 11 years now. When I first started I used to win quite regularly. I hadn't won anything for years until I had a big 10k win a year ago, and haven't won anything since.

I was just thinking that in all my years of comping, I have never won from a magazine like chat or take a break. I have never won a holiday or anything on Facebook either.

Has anything eluded you over the years?

I am very grateful for everything that I have won but I do miss the days of comping before social media took off !
Page 2
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 30th Jul 17, 12:21 PM
    • 34,441 Posts
    • 221,816 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Yes I have been doing comps for a while but never have won a magazine (like CHAT, Take a Break etc) comp. I wonder postal entry form people from magazine has a better chance to win than online entry people???
    Originally posted by Stardust7
    No, it's no different apart from postal costing about £25 a year per magazine.
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 30th Jul 17, 3:18 PM
    • 3,838 Posts
    • 55,425 Thanks
    Zanzib
    Never won an iPad, a bed, a sofa- I keep trying...
    • independance
    • By independance 30th Jul 17, 5:35 PM
    • 1,537 Posts
    • 9,471 Thanks
    independance
    Been pretty lucky over the years so can't complain , however as most people, have not won a car or Tech Pakage , or Three Piece Suite. These are on my wish list for this year but don't hold out much hope.
    • gizmobenny
    • By gizmobenny 30th Jul 17, 5:40 PM
    • 1,413 Posts
    • 13,171 Thanks
    gizmobenny
    The car is still on my wishlist . although 2 friends have won one .
    I've won the fish slice
    • I-Owe-You
    • By I-Owe-You 30th Jul 17, 6:31 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 5,102 Thanks
    I-Owe-You
    I've been comping for around 10 years and despite driving myself bonkers each December trying to keep up with the advents - I've never won from an advent competition!

Organising bookmarks and the annual dose of RSI is hopefully going to pay off one Christmas!
    • hamsterfan1
    • By hamsterfan1 1st Aug 17, 9:50 AM
    • 7,697 Posts
    • 70,087 Thanks
    hamsterfan1
    a fish slice or an entertainment package
    prood gran to 4 lovely boys
    • happysaz133
    • By happysaz133 1st Aug 17, 11:28 AM
    • 832 Posts
    • 14,002 Thanks
    happysaz133
    I have never won an iPad. I don't even want a iPad. I just want to win one so I can say I have won one! I must enter hundreds of iPad comps every year.

And a holiday. They have also eluded me. And a radio competition.
    GOAL - win 72 prizes in 2016.
    SO FAR - 29!
    • angler71
    • By angler71 1st Aug 17, 1:06 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 1,593 Thanks
    angler71
    for me i have never won a TV or games console
    Thanks To Everyone Who Posts
    • bees**knees
    • By bees**knees 1st Aug 17, 4:05 PM
    • 1,007 Posts
    • 34,761 Thanks
    bees**knees
    Ive never won a pair of 'posh' sunglasses - entered loads of comps.

AND I havent won the fish slice- yet !
    • smitchy73
    • By smitchy73 8th Sep 17, 12:41 PM
    • 1,705 Posts
    • 2,963 Thanks
    smitchy73
    Never won a 'big' prize on any of the comps on here, but did win a tech pack with LDC a couple of years ago, which had a Vodafone phone, tablet, top up vouchers - punted the lot of them.
    Been comping for about 15 years, but only the last 5/6 on here.
    Biggest win ever was a Med Cruise about 13 years ago on Radio Clyde(Glasgow radio station), it was the star prize from all the calls to enter the comp over the 5 days. Was fab
    My mum won £10k on Take A Break last year and for someone who doesn't have a lot, allowed her to take a trip of a lifetime to New York, Washington etc, still waiting for something out of it, lol!!!
    Last edited by smitchy73; 08-09-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: typo!
    2015/16 - £200 High Street Vouchers/Vodafone Prize pack+Beats Headphones(£600)
    Thanks to all the comp posters.
    • pate-ci0
    • By pate-ci0 8th Sep 17, 2:40 PM
    • 480 Posts
    • 10,606 Thanks
    pate-ci0
    Comping since 1987, I did win two cars back in the early nineties, within 5 years of each other, but am still striving for the fish slice. Despite a couple of European hols, never won a long haul and would REALLY like to win a holiday to Australia for daughter's honeymoon next year or one for me to indulge the carnivore within on steaks in Texas. Never won a telescope, convinced the TRUTH is out there...
    • vicks276
    • By vicks276 8th Sep 17, 3:51 PM
    • 819 Posts
    • 3,975 Thanks
    vicks276
    I've been comping for around 10 years, never won a holiday abroad or cash above £100
    Stuff & Thangs
    • JamboDP
    • By JamboDP 8th Sep 17, 11:54 PM
    • 31,771 Posts
    • 6,714,451 Thanks
    JamboDP
    I have never won a car or a massive money prize, but have had a few holidays won quite a few times on the mag dailies and the weekly mags, this year I have won absolutely loads of electrical cleaning equipment, had a new washing machine in daughters garage for 4 years waiting for ours to pack in, it must be 12 years old and still going strong. Been comping going on 20 years.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,851Posts Today

8,165Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin