Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 28th Jul 17, 2:28 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Zoea
    cexmarkets.com / Fyremount Group
    • 28th Jul 17, 2:28 PM
    cexmarkets.com / Fyremount Group 28th Jul 17 at 2:28 PM
    Hi there
    This outfit does high frequency binary options trading and called me today after I entered my information a month or so ago. I am wondering if anyone else uses them / can vouch for them?

They say they have 2.2 ish % returns MONTHLY on their ALPHA CX 1000 binary trading product, with 30.8% return last year. The guy on the phone quoted 9-12% return. It seems too good to be true.

I couldn't find anything interesting on either company on google, other than Fyremount seems to be a marketing company for investors, looks a bit dodgy, not sure.

I have 15 - 23k to invest. I'm also thinking cryptocurrency markets (bitcoin / eth or selected alts).

I could also leave it in the bank for 1.5%... judging by the comments here you are the experts, what should I do?

thanks
    Zoea
    Last edited by Zoea; 28-07-2017 at 2:29 PM. Reason: options
Page 1
    • msallen
    • By msallen 28th Jul 17, 2:48 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    msallen
    • 28th Jul 17, 2:48 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 2:48 PM
    If you had the secret of making 30%, would you be selling the means to make that to other people for a (relative) pittance, or would you keep it all to yourself?

If you had some scheme that failed to make this sort of return, and was probably more likely to lose you money, would you put your own money into it, or sell the idea to the gullible?
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 28th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    • 2,884 Posts
    • 4,126 Thanks
    Malthusian
    • 28th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 2:49 PM
    This outfit does high frequency binary options trading and called me today after I entered my information a month or so ago. I am wondering if anyone else uses them / can vouch for them?
    No-one on this forum. This forum is for people with savings / investments, so you won't find anyone who lost all their savings trying to get rich quick.

It seems too good to be true.
    You are correct.

I have 15 - 23k to invest. I'm also thinking cryptocurrency markets (bitcoin / eth or selected alts). I could also leave it in the bank for 1.5%
    There are lots of other options between low risk / low reward and high risk / no reward. A diversified portfolio of stocks and shares won't get you rich quick but it will allow you to beat inflation over the long term, and you won't lose your shirt unless you panic, borrow to invest or make similarly basic mistakes.

Beware of any other phone calls you get trying to sell you investment schemes - you are on a suckers' list as of a month or so ago.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 28th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    • 5,123 Posts
    • 4,338 Thanks
    badger09
    • 28th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 2:51 PM
    Hi there

They say they have 2.2 ish % returns MONTHLY on their ALPHA CX 1000 binary trading product, with 30.8% return last year. The guy on the phone quoted 9-12% return. It seems too good to be true.

I couldn't find anything interesting on either company on google, other than Fyremount seems to be a marketing company for investors, looks a bit dodgy, not sure.

I have 15 - 23k to invest. I'm also thinking cryptocurrency markets (bitcoin / eth or selected alts).

I could also leave it in the bank for 1.5%... judging by the comments here you are the experts, what should I do?

thanks
    Zoea
    Originally posted by Zoea
    If their system is so good, why don't they keep it to themselves and make a fortune, rather than sell it to other mugs people?

Stop taking their calls.

And don't take any more calls from people offering you some magic beans get rich quick system.

If you want to invest, do some research into mainstream investments in funds in an S&S ISA with a reputable company.
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 28th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zoea
    • 28th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    Thanks everyone, sensible advice.

Just for the sake of argument, anyone use em? lol
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 28th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    • 7,239 Posts
    • 7,753 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 28th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    Hi there

They say they have 2.2 ish % returns MONTHLY on their ALPHA CX 1000 binary trading product, with 30.8% return last year. The guy on the phone quoted 9-12% return. It seems too good to be true. Hahahahahahaha I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. And some swamp land prime farming land

I have 15 - 23k to invest gamble. I'm also thinking cryptocurrency markets (bitcoin / eth or selected alts) to gamble with.

I could also leave it in the bank for 1.5%... or 100 other things, why such a binary choice (no pun intended) judging by the comments here you are the experts, what should I do?

thanks
    Zoea
    Corrected a few of your typos, and what you meant to write.

You should determine your long term goals for this investment and then derive your strategy from that.
    • OldMusicGuy
    • By OldMusicGuy 28th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    OldMusicGuy
    • 28th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    As someone relatively new to this forum, I have observed there tend to be a lot of posts from first time posters saying "Hey I just got a great offer of amazing returns way above market rates from xyz company, anyone use them?" A cynic might suspect that these posters might have some connection to xyz company and are trying to create search hits for their offerings.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 28th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 2,884 Posts
    • 4,126 Thanks
    Malthusian
    • 28th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    As someone relatively new to this forum, I have observed there tend to be a lot of posts from first time posters saying "Hey I just got a great offer of amazing returns way above market rates from xyz company, anyone use them?" A cynic might suspect that these posters might have some connection to xyz company and are trying to create search hits for their offerings.
    Originally posted by OldMusicGuy
    That is perfectly possible, but if they want to create search hits to a forum that is popular enough that it often rises straight to the top of Google rankings for dodgy investments (for example), where potential marks investors can click through and see a swarm of people saying "don't do it, you idiot", I think we should let them knock themselves out.

Of course a lot of people don't bother Googling these scams but we can only help those who want to be helped.
    • jimjames
    • By jimjames 28th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    • 12,017 Posts
    • 10,455 Thanks
    jimjames
    • 28th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    Thanks everyone, sensible advice.

Just for the sake of argument, anyone use em? lol
    Did you read any of the replies? Why would anyone use an outfit where we're guaranteed to lose money
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 28th Jul 17, 7:48 PM
    • 5,466 Posts
    • 5,270 Thanks
    eskbanker
    No-one on this forum. This forum is for people with savings / investments, so you won't find anyone who lost all their savings trying to get rich quick.
    Originally posted by Malthusian
    Unfortunately that's not true (although I know what you're getting at), there have been many threads featuring posters bemoaning how they've lost their life savings by putting them into some dodgy speculative investment opportunity that sounded too good to be true but they went ahead anyway - naivety and greed aren't often a happy combination....
    • Gambler101
    • By Gambler101 29th Jul 17, 7:03 AM
    • 502 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    Gambler101
    Run a mile OP!!!

If you really want a better return than a savings account, and are prepared to accept a medium level of risk, then look at investing in the stock market buy getting a tracker fund or managed fund by a reputable UK firm.

Investing in Crypto-currently is extremely high risk and you could end up with a huge profit, or wipe out most of your entire savings within days/weeks/months.
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 6th Aug 17, 4:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zoea
    I have personally met a stock 'trader' (not sure what type of trade) who makes 40% + a year. Global Euro Fund Management (no recommendation implied). I know crazy stuff is possible.

Having said that, with the COMPLETE lack of any information on this product or company online, I have decided not to invest. I have invited them to comment in this thread. Let's see

Fun for all, no?
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 6th Aug 17, 4:49 PM
    • 3,378 Posts
    • 3,955 Thanks
    ColdIron
    Why would they come here when there are mugs who who respond to cold callers?
    • inflationbuster
    • By inflationbuster 6th Aug 17, 5:23 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    inflationbuster
    Very simple folks always check the FCA.

This company is not registered.

https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_nosearchresultpage?search=CEX+Markets
    Last edited by inflationbuster; 06-08-2017 at 5:27 PM.
    • Gambler101
    • By Gambler101 6th Aug 17, 5:52 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    Gambler101
    I have personally met a stock 'trader' (not sure what type of trade) who says he makes 40% + a year.
    Fixed your sentence lol, I could say I make 60% a year fancy sending me £20K of yours to invest with.
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX
    • ChesterDog
    • By ChesterDog 6th Aug 17, 6:55 PM
    • 772 Posts
    • 1,334 Thanks
    ChesterDog
    I have personally met a stock 'trader' (not sure what type of trade) who makes 40% + a year. Global Euro Fund Management (no recommendation implied). I know crazy stuff is possible.

Having said that, with the COMPLETE lack of any information on this product or company online, I have decided not to invest. I have invited them to comment in this thread. Let's see

Fun for all, no?
    Zoea, it's NOT investing.

It is betting: straightforward gambling.
    I am one of the "Dogs of the Index".
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 7th Aug 17, 2:24 PM
    • 2,884 Posts
    • 4,126 Thanks
    Malthusian
    I have personally met a stock 'trader' (not sure what type of trade) who makes 40% + a year. Global Euro Fund Management (no recommendation implied).
    Never heard of them and nor has Google.

How much money has he taken off you?
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 7th Aug 17, 2:25 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zoea
    None at all - thanks for the concern.

I have emailed them inviting them to reply here but no reply yet and nothing here. So - take what you will from that.
    edit: If you meant GEFM, I'm not surprised, it's pretty dodgy I think in all honesty.
    • Zoea
    • By Zoea 17th Aug 17, 3:19 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zoea
    No reply here, no reply to my email to cancel my demo account even, I think it was a scam outfit. They have no license for gambling, in fact I had no idea it was gambling at all.

fca.org.uk[slash]scamsmart[slash]binary-options-scams

DO NOT INVEST WITH THESE FOLKS is my honest take-away, and until they actually reply here as I requested, just ignore their fake facebook ads.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

151Posts Today

1,381Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin