Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 6Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 10:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 6
    • JCR joanne
    • By JCR joanne 19th Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JCR joanne
    Frustration
    It is nearly 4 months since I should have transferred to Eversmart but alas my gas supply has still not been transferred. After many phone calls, being held in telephone queues for long periods of times, failed promises that it will happen, no responses to emails, they apparently have not even requested to take on my supply from my previous supplier. As a result my large credit balance (with my previous supplier who in fact I have just been advised is my current supplier and wants my direct debit set up again) has been used up paying for gas at a much higher cost. Any advice on how I go forward as they have taken over my electric without any problems but have not been able to do the same for my gas. Where do I stand and if it is worth trying to move to another company.
    • Dave save
    • By Dave save 23rd Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    Dave save
    It's safe to say that the Eversmart website is really a waste of time. After several calls to give them feedback on this, I decided they aren't really interested. I do get the impression that their call centre staff are untrained, unprofessional and are combining the call answering with playing online games!

I get monthly e mails to input my readings, but the website doesn't seem to save the data. Eversmart told me that all of the readings I entered are readable at their end, but I can't see the online record of my entries. There is no billing record, and no data showing payments made. To date I haven't been billed, so it will be interesting to see what happens when they try to produce one. I'd recommend to everyone to keep a separate log of dates, payments and meter readings.
    • blanik
    • By blanik 27th Dec 17, 3:27 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    blanik
    The estimate will have been made by an industry third-party based on the data that they hold for your property. You need to check that the gaining and losing suppliers are using the same reading to open and close your accounts.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    I can now see my first invoice on Eversmart - the good news - the rates match what I expected with no standing charge, and the meter number on my Eversmart account has been changed to match my ex-BG smart meter. (which is now dumb!)

However my BG closing estimated read, and Eversmart opening read are different, so I have been double charged for 19 KWHrs.

e-mail off to Eversmart - but something else for everyone to check.
    Last edited by blanik; 27-12-2017 at 3:32 PM.
    • blanik
    • By blanik 1st Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    blanik
    I can now see my first invoice on Eversmart - the good news - the rates match what I expected with no standing charge, and the meter number on my Eversmart account has been changed to match my ex-BG smart meter. (which is now dumb!)

However my BG closing estimated read, and Eversmart opening read are different, so I have been double charged for 19 KWHrs.

e-mail off to Eversmart - but something else for everyone to check.
    Originally posted by blanik
    To Eversmart's credit I got an e-mail today ( 1st Jan! ) confirming that my account would be credited with the cost of the double charged units.
    • halogen
    • By halogen 2nd Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    halogen
    I was on a SVT with BG. 2 years ago my DD was £50/month but 9 months ago they plonked them up to £150 so took the advice of all the consumer champions and looked on several PCW. Eversmart was the only one that was any cheaper. So I switched. Bad idea. Significantly not cheaper, website is unhelpful and now I'm wondering what to do.
    • blanik
    • By blanik 3rd Feb 18, 9:07 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    blanik
    Hi Halogen,

Customer service is a bit patchy with Eversmart but regarding the price the only way to compare prices is the cost per day & Kwh. Due to credits or debits built up the monthly direct debit is so removed from the cost it is almost useless to compare.

I don't know your figures, and the exact tariffs you are on. But in my area - for Electricity only.

BG SVT is currently
    26.01p/day + 14.24p/Kwh

Eversmart
    19.95p/day + 11.71p/Kwh

I know I am comparing a SVT with a 12M fix, but if your rates are similar there is no way that Eversmart should be more expensive for your Electricity.

I think that the monthly DD is also one of the reasons that the Smart Meter savings will never work as expected - Mr Average watches the display, tell his kids to turn off the lights, and his DD goes up with his new bill. He thinks - This Smart Meter thing is rubbish - puts it in the bin! And tells all his mates down the Pub that the Smart Meter is costing him more.
    • halogen
    • By halogen 5th Feb 18, 1:30 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    halogen
    well this was before the recent BG price rises. so the BG SVT rate would have been a little lower and I'm on a Varible tariff at Eversmart so that's a little higher. I also don't have a smart meter or any idea what sort of bill I should be expecting anymore.

Edited to add- my current DD with Eversmart is about twice what an 'average cost' based on my situation should be and I can't find the KWhrs on the 1 bill I can view on the site.
    Last edited by halogen; 05-02-2018 at 1:40 PM. Reason: added more info
    • billp42
    • By billp42 6th Feb 18, 9:07 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    billp42
    Update,
    I switched out from Eversmart on the 22nd December and they took a further payment on the 1st January. No problem really as I expected to owe them some money. I asked for the final bill on the 16th January and it was provided but without taking the payment on the 1st January into account. I pointed that out and received a reply stating that I would get an amended bill within 3 working days. That didn't happen and on the 24th January I cancelled the direct debit with my bank and emailed Eversmart to say so. That resulted in 3 emails from eversmart on the 2nd Feb. One telling me that the payment collection had failed, the second telling me that my direct debit had been cancelled by my bank and the third telling me that they(Eversmart) had cancelled my direct debit. I replied and pointed out that I had left them on the 22nd December and was still waiting for the final corrected bill, as promised on the 16th January. Eversmart responded with a copy of the December statement and not the final bill at all. I returned that and pointed out that I was still waiting for a final bill - it was promised within 2 days. 7 days later I am still waiting. I live in hope!!
    • bobskip
    • By bobskip 13th Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bobskip
    Eversmart are quick at switching you to there service but afterwards their service is dire. I switched last September and still cannot see billing or energy consumption information on their website. I have phoned and emailed several times without reply. Seriously thinking of switching.
    • bufferz
    • By bufferz 16th Feb 18, 8:13 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    bufferz
    Not had a bill since the smart meter was installed, bit concerning really that they don't reply to emails either
    • halogen
    • By halogen 19th Feb 18, 2:39 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    halogen
    I had the problem with no bills and no replies. I called them and it turned out they had my email address wrong and the wrong bank details.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

1,459Users online

Martin's Twitter