Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 45Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 10:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 5
    • harefan
    • By harefan 11th Oct 17, 11:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    harefan
    Further to my post on 29 August, I believe my switch took place on 19 September, but I wasn't asked or reminded to provide a meter reading. Consequently, my previous supplier had to estimate the final bill, which was significantly underestimated, but when I called the previous supplier, they said they could not amend a final bill. This is probably going to put my monthly payments out of kilter.

Also it took Ever Smart Energy until 29 September to send me an email about creating my online account at which point, I provided an up to date meter reading, but this was before I received the final bill from my previous supplier.

Just wondering about administrative efficiency here.

On the bright side, they did get my meter serial number correct.
    Last edited by harefan; 11-10-2017 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to include a fact.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 12th Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 4,653 Posts
    • 2,827 Thanks
    Hengus
    Further to my post on 29 August, I believe my switch took place on 19 September, but I wasn't asked or reminded to provide a meter reading. Consequently, my previous supplier had to estimate the final bill, which was significantly underestimated, but when I called the previous supplier, they said they could not amend a final bill. This is probably going to put my monthly payments out of kilter.

Also it took Ever Smart Energy until 29 September to send me an email about creating my online account at which point, I provided an up to date meter reading, but this was before I received the final bill from my previous supplier.

Just wondering about administrative efficiency here.

On the bright side, they did get my meter serial number correct.
    Originally posted by harefan
    The estimate will have been made by an industry third-party based on the data that they hold for your property. You need to check that the gaining and losing suppliers are using the same reading to open and close your accounts.
    • rogerhaworth
    • By rogerhaworth 12th Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rogerhaworth
    I've been an Everstart electricity customer since 20th August. Today the company emailed me asking for an up to date meter reading which I have now submitted via their online portal
    • ICV
    • By ICV 13th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ICV
    Me too. Wonder if they've been reading this thread.
    • rogerhaworth
    • By rogerhaworth 15th Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rogerhaworth
    Me too. Wonder if they've been reading this thread.
    Originally posted by ICV
    Do you think that they're that well organised????
    • lycrawearer
    • By lycrawearer 15th Oct 17, 3:54 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    lycrawearer
    As far as I'm concerned I personally am now avoiding EverSmart like the proverbial plague ..

I've had problem after problem with them, and at least 2 (possibly 3) failed transfers to them. Despite repeated text message conversations and phone calls from them, welcome packs being received, and also 2 monthly DD payment being taken (and immediately refunded by my bank under the DD guarantee) ... I'm still with British Gas. Then to top it all, I get an email saying my account is now live with them, and inviting me to log-in and look at my usage

I'm sorry, but EverSmart couldn't organise the proverbial **** up in a brewery, seriously.

Oh, and if EverSmart are reading this, and you're wondering why I'm complaining - you haven't once apologised.
    • rogerhaworth
    • By rogerhaworth 27th Oct 17, 8:57 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rogerhaworth
    According to their website Eversmart Energy were not accepting new customers for quite a few weeks however they have now started allowing new sign ups.
    • Reef-Shark
    • By Reef-Shark 27th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Reef-Shark
    Quarter of a year
    I have switched in August.
    Electricity went through smoothly however the gas switch is an absolute nightmare.
    I make a weekly telephone call to Eversmart to check to see what is happening with the change. (nothing!)
    I make a monthly call to get the gas part of my derect debit refunded as I am paying Daligas and Eversmart for my supply.
    The people I speak to are all very polite and understanding from both companies however it's been a quarter of a year now trying to do something that is supposed to be very easy.
    I switch every year using Martins "Energy Club"and this is the only time I had had problems.
    • Trippy50
    • By Trippy50 2nd Nov 17, 9:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Trippy50
    Switch to Eversmart went smoothly. Online account created and working.
    I sent a query as to whether they could take over my existing smart meters and they replied within hours, apologising that it was not possible but offering their own installation. Impressed so far.
    • Minime0007
    • By Minime0007 6th Nov 17, 4:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Minime0007
    They lie to you, beware
    Switched at the beginning of September in time for the end of the BG October collective switch. Only contact was a welcome email. They seem really disorganised when you speak with them, they also lied to me when I asked about smart meter installation, told me it would happen on a specific date, when no one arrived I called and was told it was never going to happen, engineer not in the area and won't be for another two weeks!

I think I'm probably going to switch again. I would advise to avoid and go for the company MSE energy club reckons will cost an extra £1 a month, it will probably be worth it.
    • earlsgate
    • By earlsgate 9th Nov 17, 11:00 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    earlsgate
    switched last week but welcome pack did not show tariff breakdown details that were quoted on their website when requesting deal

I phoned to ask for correct details to be put in place but a week later have not had updated welcome pack

not really bothered as a took screen shots as I went through signing up for the deal and also saved webpages which I would advise others to do as then any offer not honoured could be easily challenged through ombudsman
    • philng
    • By philng 12th Nov 17, 10:56 AM
    • 534 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    philng
    MSE Energy Club are incorrectly showing Eversmart tariff as Variable-When you click through to Eversmart it states FIXED for 12 months.
    • billp42
    • By billp42 18th Nov 17, 9:34 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    billp42
    At the time I needed to switch, Martin had not arranged any Big switch, so I went direct to Eversmart after searching the market myself and received a welcome email on the 5th September. All seemed fine apart from some difficulty in them sending my login details, which they tried to do four times. However, to be fair, it seems that my Internet Security package was blocking their pop-up with the details.

Not being able to login and enter my meter readings I forwarded them direct and they agreed to enter them into my account for me, so far so good, or so I thought.

The first direct debit payment was due to be taken on the 26th September and that didn't happen, so I emailed and received a reply that they had my electric meter reading which I noticed was not the one that I initially gave them. They asked for my gas reading as they didn't have that. So as not to confuse I again forwarded my readings using the electricity one that they quoted.

On the 5th October they emailed to say that they had 're-setup' my direct debit - oh, NO they haven't to date, 18th November. I've again complained to them, as they have either setup the direct debit with some other customer, or will come back to me in the coming months asking for a large bill to be paid, I shall not be happy if that occurs - I live in hope, but cannot recommend Eversmart at all. 0 out of 10 would be my score.
    • Mark333032
    • By Mark333032 29th Nov 17, 9:03 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mark333032
    No problems at all with Eversmart
    I started my switch from Bulb to Eversmart's Northern Glory tariff on 7th November and it was all done by 23rd November. Not only that, when I ordered my smart meter from Eversmart on 24th November a Friday - for which they PAID ME a £10 bonus - they were able to book me an appointment for the following Monday 27th.

I had to ring Bulb about repayment of my account balance but they informed me that Eversmart had not yet given them my closing readings. So I gave the readings to Bulb who calculated my final invoice there and then and confirmed my refund would be received in a couple of days. So top marks to Bulb as well
    • billp42
    • By billp42 4th Dec 17, 8:08 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    billp42
    no improvement
    Direct debit eventually setup with first payment being taken on the 1st December, quite a bit after their initially stated 1st payment date of 26th September. Then I had an email asking for meter readings and I was able to input the electricity one quite easily, however the gas reading was set at zero, so I input the latest only for the website to return a zero reading again. An email to customer services was replied to by saying 'don't worry the readings are recorded'.

Basically a comedy of errors, so I'm switching out - sorry to say.
    Last edited by billp42; 04-12-2017 at 8:17 AM.
    • Reef-Shark
    • By Reef-Shark 7th Dec 17, 5:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Reef-Shark
    August switch
    My August switch is going a treat.
    I have given up on the weekly e-mails to ascertain what has happened to the Gas part of the switch.
    Eversmart have now raised complaint or so I have been told with the people who manage the meters and the serial numbers in conjunction with your post code to enable switching to take place smoothly without any stress.
    The issue I have is that I have been a member of Martin's switching service for a number of years and have indeed changed my electricity and gas each and every year for over 10 years and at no time has there ever been a problem.
    Now all of a sudden my gas point number is wrong my post code does not match and my house number does not match either of the. Oh yes but the electricity has gone through ok.
    What a debacle
    • AirCooledHeaven
    • By AirCooledHeaven 7th Dec 17, 8:48 PM
    • 849 Posts
    • 403 Thanks
    AirCooledHeaven
    I've been with Eversmart now for two months, very happy with the customer service. Best I've experienced since OVO Energy.

Just my 2p worth
    • emc1984
    • By emc1984 13th Dec 17, 8:21 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    emc1984
    We made the switch from B/Gas in August. So far I've found their customer service to be adequate - phone manner in general is lacking in professionalism, for eg. they sound a little laid back and lack the ability to make you feel assured (I've made 3-4 phonecalls at this point and I know they're a small Co so it's possible I'm speaking to the same man!), however as yet we haven't experienced any issues and for the money we're saving I'm happy to forfeit a polished customer service experience.
    • gramm9x
    • By gramm9x 13th Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gramm9x
    British gas rip off
    Joined energy club in 2016 and ended up with British gas as part of the mass group joining for cheaper bills.
    At the end of the agreed term whilst following the group a few months back, I'm now with EDF.
    Got final reading from BGas sastraight away and got told I owe £229 for my final bill, totally gob smacked, so I arrange to pay this bill by paying £19 up front and agreed a 7 month payment plan of £30 a month.
    Just found a letter yesterday from BGas saying my dept is now with a dept collection agency?? contacted them to be told something went wrong with the payment plan? you cant make this stuff up. Speaking to service guy yesterday if I pay something at this moment he will retract the dept from the collection agency and contact me today to arrange another plan, so I pay £30 and guess what ? no call today so I call them this afternoon and get to by their wonderful service people that they cannot find any 7 month agreement on their records! so yesterday they made a mistake and today they have no idea what I'm talking about. If I pay the full balance £205 totally lost it by this time so hung up and called complaints LOL, who am I kidding, though got a decent girl who took an hour to get me back on a payment plan and retract the dept from the collection agency. Now I'm not looking forward to the end of my EDF, DEAL? murder this rip off
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

1,950Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin