Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 3Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 10:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 4
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Sep 17, 8:42 AM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 2,425 Thanks
    Hengus
    After experiencing similar initial quote issues to others, I opted to proceed with the switch via the phone, with transfer slated for 22nd August.
    I got an immediate welcome email, then another email about a week later saying there were delays, so transfer would be later than expected.

The transfer took place on 23rd August and I duly phoned to supply readings. I was asked to email them - I did so that same day.

My previous supplier has only been sent the electricity reading and has invented a final gas reading, despite having had an online reading submitted the day before the switch occurred.

Apparently Eversmart have not applied the supplied gas reading to the account (and hence not sent it to my previous supplier).

I've not been able to log in to their site to manage readings etc, and noticed that when trying to do so, my USERNAME and PASSWORD are shown in PLAIN TEXT in the URL, despite the site not actually logging me in.

Alerted by this forum to the possibility of the meter numbers being wrong, I have now checked the welcome pack and found that they have got this wrong too!

What next?
    Originally posted by rich_p55
    To be clear, the gaining supplier has a Licence Condition that requires it to manage all aspects of the transfer of supply. This includes asking you for meter readings at the appropriate time. These readings are then passed to an independent industry third-party for verification against past data held on file for your property. The verified readings are then passed back to the two suppliers to open and close your accounts. If the the opening and closing readings are not the same, then raise the matter with your new supplier.
    • AirCooledHeaven
    • By AirCooledHeaven 15th Sep 17, 5:02 PM
    • 846 Posts
    • 402 Thanks
    AirCooledHeaven
    Hi all ... does anyone know for certain if you HAVE to have a smart meter installed to qualify for eversmart's tariffs? It would go a long way to explain their super-cheap 'no standing charge' Special tariff, a real sweetener to encourage people who might not ordinarily agree to a smart meter (which I definitely won't)!
    Originally posted by mywifenow
    Hi, I signed up to eversmart this week and told them I don't want a smart meter. They said that's not a problem, it's not mandatory.
    • niktheguru
    • By niktheguru 16th Sep 17, 8:34 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    niktheguru
    be aware that Santander 123 account does not currently pay cashback on Eversmart Energy.
    Originally posted by d12345
    Just for peoples information, i have contacted Santander to add Eversmart to their cashback list. They are going to give me a response within 10 days (its been escalated to their cashback team) so hopefully this should be rectified.
    • tg99
    • By tg99 16th Sep 17, 8:40 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    tg99
    Just for peoples information, i have contacted Santander to add Eversmart to their cashback list. They are going to give me a response within 10 days (its been escalated to their cashback team) so hopefully this should be rectified.
    Originally posted by niktheguru
    They have now been added (Santander wrote to me to confirm after I requested it).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,609Posts Today

7,672Users online

Martin's Twitter