Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 9
    • G_M
    • By G_M 10th Oct 17, 8:47 PM
    • 42,262 Posts
    • 49,088 Thanks
    G_M
    The owner will not be informed if you download the Title documents from the LR for £3.

Whether the address provided for him is actual address is not guaranteed. I assume he is not resident at the property - Many peple fail to notfy the LR of their address when they move out of their property.
    • pernes
    • By pernes 11th Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    pernes
    Copy of lease and transfer details
    Hi, I have downloaded the title documents from LR which is great. However I now need to obtain a copy of a lease for one property and a copy of a freehold transfer for an other. The first is straight forward as just one title number to refer to.

However the second one is a garage leasehold that was transferred out of the freehold to another freehold. So what title number do I use to get a copy of the transfer? Is it the original one against the lease or the new freehold title?

Then the next problem is I need copies by Friday and on the LR site you can't download them. Can anyone recommend one of the organisations that unfortunately charge more but can get them to me quickly?

Thanks
    • G_M
    • By G_M 11th Oct 17, 9:14 PM
    • 42,262 Posts
    • 49,088 Thanks
    G_M
    Best bet is tht the transfer will be lodged aainst the new freehold title.

I'm not familiar with the private sites that rip people off by provide LR documents, but doubt if they hold copies. They'll have to apply to the LR just as you would.

I may be wrong though.
  • Land Registry
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out the contact details of the owner of a property and want to find out whether the owner will be informed that I conducted a search on his/her property?

At the moment, I'd like to stay anonymous and don't want to alert the owner that a search has been conducted on his/her property for fear that the owner may try to abscond as I need to serve legal documents to the owner.

Bearing this in mind, is it possible to pay the £3 to get a copy of the title register for that property without the owner being informed?

Would really appreciate if anyone knowledgeable could kindly advise me on this.

Many thanks
    Originally posted by someboody
    The owner is not informed when you search online
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land Registry
    Hi, I have downloaded the title documents from LR which is great. However I now need to obtain a copy of a lease for one property and a copy of a freehold transfer for an other. The first is straight forward as just one title number to refer to.

However the second one is a garage leasehold that was transferred out of the freehold to another freehold. So what title number do I use to get a copy of the transfer? Is it the original one against the lease or the new freehold title?

Then the next problem is I need copies by Friday and on the LR site you can't download them. Can anyone recommend one of the organisations that unfortunately charge more but can get them to me quickly?

Thanks
    Originally posted by pernes
    Only the register and title plan are available online. Leases and other deeds can be applied for by post

The key to requesting any deed by post is knowing the date/details and relevant title number. If you know it resulted in a removal of the property from one title to another, and no new title was created, then it should be filed under that later title.

You won't get it by post by Friday and I suspect you would have had to apply as early as last week to do so.

A third party website of the sort you refer to will be using our online services and can request a copy that way and obtain a copy electronically. If it is a fairly recent transfer, and therefore scanned in our systems, and the request is accurate re what you want then they may just get it in time but the odds are slight.

If it's referred to on the register as filed then the odds are better but all a Q of how quickly they apply and how quickly they then supply it to you. If it is filed and scanned in this way by us then their download should be instant. The same would apply for any user of our business e-services i.e. A conveyancer
    Last edited by Land Registry; 12-10-2017 at 6:35 AM.
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • whizzybee
    • By whizzybee 12th Oct 17, 1:13 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 418 Thanks
    whizzybee
    Hi Land Registry

A fairly simple question but I want to make sure I get it right . I got married last year however have only now decided to change my name. I own a property in my name only and I have changed my name with my mortgage provider however I want to change it with yourselves. Am I right in thinking I need to fill in an AP1 form and send you an original/certified copy of the marriage certificate? Is there anything else I need to do and also, is there any cost associated with this?

Many thanks
    • someboody
    • By someboody 12th Oct 17, 2:49 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    someboody
    The owner is not informed when you search online
    Originally posted by Land Registry
    The owner will not be informed if you download the Title documents from the LR for £3.

Whether the address provided for him is actual address is not guaranteed. I assume he is not resident at the property - Many peple fail to notfy the LR of their address when they move out of their property.
    Originally posted by G_M
    Thanks guys. I also emailed the Land Registry to confirm, and they have also stated this (except for limited circumstances which doesn't apply to me)

And yep, I'm aware it may not be up-to-date, but it's better than having nothing to work from for me.

Cheers
  • Land Registry
    Hi Land Registry

A fairly simple question but I want to make sure I get it right . I got married last year however have only now decided to change my name. I own a property in my name only and I have changed my name with my mortgage provider however I want to change it with yourselves. Am I right in thinking I need to fill in an AP1 form and send you an original/certified copy of the marriage certificate? Is there anything else I need to do and also, is there any cost associated with this?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by whizzybee
    All correct and no fee
    • WelshKitty85
    • By WelshKitty85 17th Oct 17, 2:31 PM
    • 642 Posts
    • 5,758 Thanks
    WelshKitty85
    Many thanks - nothing leaps out at me from our records but without the email address/name used I can't pinpoint with any accuracy.

Can you email customer.service again please and let me know once done - I can then spot and pick it up and run some additional checks. Apologies but hopefully you won't mind
    Originally posted by Land Registry
    I've had an email from land registry this morning - thank you for that. I've tried to respond but it keeps bouncing back.

I've been copied into an email between solicitors which contradicts your email. The email says land registry have turned down the neighbours latest application and are now serving notices. Can you please advise if this is correct, and if so which property the notice is being served to? I was under the impression that the neighbour has now exhausted all avenues, but it still seems to be going back and forth.

Thank you.
    Battling my final debt:
    Credit card - £4844.62(Dec 16) £2835.02
  • Land Registry
    I've had an email from land registry this morning - thank you for that. I've tried to respond but it keeps bouncing back.

I've been copied into an email between solicitors which contradicts your email. The email says land registry have turned down the neighbours latest application and are now serving notices. Can you please advise if this is correct, and if so which property the notice is being served to? I was under the impression that the neighbour has now exhausted all avenues, but it still seems to be going back and forth.

Thank you.
    Originally posted by WelshKitty85
    You emailed again and we have replied to that. the application is still live and we may serve notices. That decision has yet to be made as we await the applicant's confirmation as to how they wish to proceed in light of our response to date.

We can't manage how solicitors might correspond with one another or go into specific details with anyone other than the applicant here.

If we do serve notices then it would be on the affected neighbouring landowner.
    • Piggywinkle
    • By Piggywinkle 19th Oct 17, 10:16 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Piggywinkle
    Bear with me, this will sound really woolly! We are in the process of purchasing a property with a 'joint access' alleyway between two modern terraces (built circa 1997). Our title plan has two parts, one showing the boundary as an aerial view would do and another showing a more zoomed-in detailed boundary plan with the joint access alley shown using hatched blue lines. The red line for the property we are purchasing runs along but not around/inclusive of the alley. I queried who owned the alley with the solicitors but I don't think they know what I'm getting at. I want to know if the neighbours own it and we just have RoA or if it's something different.

I went onto the Land Registry website to download the neighbour's title plan and it only shows one view - the aerial one - instead of two, like our 'zoomed in' version which shows specifically the alley. How do I find out if the neighbours actually own the alley and we just have RoA or if it is something different? Excuse my lack of knowledge, we are FTB.

TIA.
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 19th Oct 17, 10:20 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Time2go
    We are selling our leasehold (share of freehold) flat. Buyers solicitor has advised that although title plan of.entore building is in red the title plan of leasehold of actual flat is in black on land registry. How easy is it to change it to a red outlined version.
  • Land Registry
    Bear with me, this will sound really woolly! We are in the process of purchasing a property with a 'joint access' alleyway between two modern terraces (built circa 1997). Our title plan has two parts, one showing the boundary as an aerial view would do and another showing a more zoomed-in detailed boundary plan with the joint access alley shown using hatched blue lines. The red line for the property we are purchasing runs along but not around/inclusive of the alley. I queried who owned the alley with the solicitors but I don't think they know what I'm getting at. I want to know if the neighbours own it and we just have RoA or if it's something different.

I went onto the Land Registry website to download the neighbour's title plan and it only shows one view - the aerial one - instead of two, like our 'zoomed in' version which shows specifically the alley. How do I find out if the neighbours actually own the alley and we just have RoA or if it is something different? Excuse my lack of knowledge, we are FTB.

TIA.
    Originally posted by Piggywinkle
    It sounds as if your title plan includes an 'enlargement' used so that where a reference is added to a title plan, which is too small to see on the normal plan, you can see it. The blue hatching will be referred to on the register so that needs to be read as well.

No two title plans will be the same and just because you have an 'enlargement' doesn't mean to say the neighbour's title will as well.

If their red line is round the alley then they own it. And if the same or similar rights are referred to on the title then it's thir register you need to be reading. And if the rights are contained in a filed deed or the deed plan is referred to as filed then you need copies.

The title plan alone will show the general boundaries. The register and filed deeds/plans (if any) also need to be read for anything else. You can get the Registers online and filed documents by post. https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land
  • Land Registry
    We are selling our leasehold (share of freehold) flat. Buyers solicitor has advised that although title plan of.entore building is in red the title plan of leasehold of actual flat is in black on land registry. How easy is it to change it to a red outlined version.
    Originally posted by Time2go
    We don't prepare title plans in black & white. I am guessing they mean the lease plan. If they do and you can't find/get a colour copy and it's an issue then you and the freeholder will probably either need to vary the lease to inc a new plan or draw up a new lease itself. Speak to your solicitor for clarity if what's needed
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 20th Oct 17, 9:12 AM
    • 36,190 Posts
    • 152,925 Thanks
    silvercar
    Land Registry, could you glance past this one

In a nutshell, if there is a charge on a property do they need a deed of postponement to move to a new lender?

When transferring a property with a charge on it to joint names, should the charge holder have been consulted first?
  • Land Registry
    Land Registry, could you glance past this one

In a nutshell, if there is a charge on a property do they need a deed of postponement to move to a new lender?

When transferring a property with a charge on it to joint names, should the charge holder have been consulted first?
    Originally posted by silvercar
    silvercar - i'll reply on the actual thread as I'm not sure the nutshell covers it on here as it's a restriciton they are dealing with rather than a legal charge for example
    • goodwithsaving
    • By goodwithsaving 21st Oct 17, 9:48 AM
    • 705 Posts
    • 1,045 Thanks
    goodwithsaving
    A question for the LR if I may. How long does it take to amend a title deed with amended boundary lines? (Expedited).
    Thank you.
    Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self. –Nathan W. Morris
  • Land Registry
    A question for the LR if I may. How long does it take to amend a title deed with amended boundary lines? (Expedited).
    Thank you.
    Originally posted by goodwithsaving
    All depends on how the amendment is being achieved e.g agreement, transfer, exchange, Determined boundary. And then all about it being in order and/or what checks are needed (if any)

Expedition, if granted, generally means we consider the application within 10 working days of that request. Then the above applies re any further timescale
    • hammy1988
    • By hammy1988 23rd Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    hammy1988
    We recently purchased a New Build property, and on our deeds it stated that as part of our driveway outside the front of our house, it allowed for a right of access walkway for the other two houses incorporated into the driveway (no separate path or anything, just on the right hand side of our driveway)

We were fine with this before we purchased, however, since we have moved in. Neither of the other two properties have once needed or wanted to walk on the driveway at all. As they have their driveways directly outside of their house and front doors. They literally have no need to even walk anywhere near our property at all, it's a bit daft.

We have heard about land being adopted if no one else uses it? They have a right of access way in our deeds yet it really doesn't need to be there. To walk over it, they would be walking right out of their way from their own properties just to walk across it (we think it's a design flaw of the plans).

Could we apply to have the driveway made just a driveway with no right of way path adopted into it? If so, when would we be able to do this?

Thanks
    • G_M
    • By G_M 23rd Oct 17, 3:11 PM
    • 42,262 Posts
    • 49,088 Thanks
    G_M

Could we apply to have the driveway made just a driveway with no right of way path adopted into it? If so, when would we be able to do this?

Thanks
    Originally posted by hammy1988
    To get a ROA/ROW removed you'd need the consent of whoever benefts from it.

This is a legal matter, not something the LR can do.

The LR would simply record whatever legal agreement is reached.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,655Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter