Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 6
  • Land Registry
    Thanks for the reply. How can I download a copy of the completed TR1/TP1 for this transaction showing the sale?
    All residents own a share of the freehold and registered as shareholders in the company.
    Originally posted by pernes
    Pernes - check the registered details first and see what reference it makes to the last sale/Transfer
    You cna then apply for a copy by post https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • BISCUIT1
    • By BISCUIT1 14th Sep 17, 2:14 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    BISCUIT1
    Hello LR Rep,
    I am getting divorced and am buying my husband out of our matrimonial home. There is a mortgage and the building society have agreed in principal I can take the mortgage on and are processing my application. On the form it asks who the solicitor is. The solicitor I am using to draw up the Consent Order does not do conveyancing. Do I actually need a solicitor to oversee the change in name from both to just mine or can I do it myself via the Land Registry? Or is there more to it than that? Thanks in anticipation.
  • Land Registry
    Hello LR Rep,
    I am getting divorced and am buying my husband out of our matrimonial home. There is a mortgage and the building society have agreed in principal I can take the mortgage on and are processing my application. On the form it asks who the solicitor is. The solicitor I am using to draw up the Consent Order does not do conveyancing. Do I actually need a solicitor to oversee the change in name from both to just mine or can I do it myself via the Land Registry? Or is there more to it than that? Thanks in anticipation.
    Originally posted by BISCUIT1
    You don't have to use a solicitor although most lenders insist that you do

https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-or-property-with-land-registry/transfer-ownership-of-your-property
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • G_M
    • By G_M 15th Sep 17, 2:49 PM
    • 41,034 Posts
    • 47,133 Thanks
    G_M
    You don't have to use a solicitor although most lenders insist that you do

https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-or-property-with-land-registry/transfer-ownership-of-your-property
    Originally posted by Land Registry
    As LR rep says, the transfer of name on the Title you can in theory do yourself as per the link.

But the mortgage lender will require a solicitor to deal with their Charge being placed on the Title.

Does your solicitr not have a colleague in the firm who does conveyancing? but even if so, make sure they are on the lender's approved panel.

alternatively, ask the lender to provide a solicitor - but then you'll have no control over the fees....... better to ask the lender for a list of local solicitors on their panel.
    • BISCUIT1
    • By BISCUIT1 15th Sep 17, 9:30 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    BISCUIT1
    Thanks LR Rep and GM. They (mortgage lender) didn't seem to have any opinion as to who was going to do just wanted their details..solicitor has volunteered to obtain someone to do it but I do have an old friend whose wife is a conveyancer so will she if she will do it if the mortgage lender is happy with that...was just hoping I could sort it myself to save some £££'s...solicitor wanted at least £700 to do the divorce which I have done myself with no problem.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 15th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 41,034 Posts
    • 47,133 Thanks
    G_M
    Is old friend's wife on lender's panel?

Lender may not " seem to have any opinion as to who was going to do just wanted their details", but once they have the details they'll check against their panel list!
    • BISCUIT1
    • By BISCUIT1 15th Sep 17, 9:52 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    BISCUIT1
    Thanks, I'll get it checked with them to be sure...don't need any hold up's at this stage.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 15th Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    • 41,034 Posts
    • 47,133 Thanks
    G_M
    Thanks, I'll get it checked with them to be sure...don't need any hold up's at this stage.
    Originally posted by BISCUIT1
    Old friend's wife will know if she is or isn't!
    • pernes
    • By pernes 18th Sep 17, 3:44 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    pernes
    Pernes - check the registered details first and see what reference it makes to the last sale/Transfer
    You cna then apply for a copy by post https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land
    Originally posted by Land Registry
    Can you confirm where on the titles I have downloaded that I will find the registered details? Thanks
    • CursedVeggie
    • By CursedVeggie 19th Sep 17, 12:10 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CursedVeggie
    Property Assent
    Good afternoon. I am the executor of a will and am trying to complete the property assent to the beneficiary by completing forms AS1, AP1 and ID1 – The property was owned outright and there are no financial transactions to be performed.

I have been reading all of the guidance but apart from the Grant of Representation do I need to send any other documents such as the deeds? – I do not have these!

I have the title number (somewhere) but if I cannot find it is a simple online search for the title register enough or do I need to purchase official copies?

Many Thanks
    • G_M
    • By G_M 19th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    • 41,034 Posts
    • 47,133 Thanks
    G_M
    £3 here.

If the property is registered you don't need the deeds, just the Title number.

I'd include the Grant of Probate in your name too (though not sure if it's needed. I'd have thought it would be though).

I assume IHT is dealt with and Probate granted?

It's all explained in the Guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/whole-of-registered-title-assent-as1/guidance-how-to-complete-form-as1

Ah:
    Once you have completed form AS1, you must then complete application form AP1.
    Send your completed forms and an official copy of the probate/letters of administration to the HM Land Registry address for applications. There is no need to send a covering letter.
    Last edited by G_M; Today at 12:56 PM.
    • CursedVeggie
    • By CursedVeggie 19th Sep 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CursedVeggie
    Thanks for the reply,

IHT is being dealt with and I have the grant which I have already included on the paperwork. I am happy with the simple search for the title number if I cannot find it in amongst the reams of paperwork that I hold.

As I don't need the deeds it looks like I'm all set to go
    • phil1973
    • By phil1973 19th Sep 17, 2:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    phil1973
    Boundary Query when selling a house
    Hi

Just wondering if someone could address a concern I have with selling my house. It has recently sold STC and I have a concern about a boundary which I know is incorrect on the Land Registry Plan.

I will try and keep this as brief as possible. The street I live on all bought some additional land to the rear of our gardens and was then divided into strips so we could all extend our gardens. The part we purchased was quite narrow and whilst we we marking out the area prior to getting fences erected, our neighbour who also bought some land (which was a lot bigger than ours) said we could encroach into his land by approx 2 to 3 metres as he had more than enough so we agreed as it would make the garden significantly bigger which is obviously a bonus. A few of the neighbours had seen this when we were putting fences out and it doesn't look out of place, it looks like it is where it should be but in fact it is not correct.

The Land Registry Plan we got given showing the extra land that we purchased does not definitively show that we have gone outside our land ownership but I just wondered if this will be physically checked on site during the selling process and could be picked up on which could jeopardise the sale? If this did get raised as an issue I could go to my neighbour and explain and I am pretty sure that he would confirm in writing that he is happy that the fence is in the location it's in as he got a fencing contractor in who put it where it is.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience of this or could offer any advice at all?

Thanks
    • G_M
    • By G_M 19th Sep 17, 2:26 PM
    • 41,034 Posts
    • 47,133 Thanks
    G_M
    Land Registry Plans are notoriously inaccurate in scale. They indicate rough boundary sitions only.

How far out is the fence as opposed to the Plan?

Is it likley that a buyer, looking at your garden, and then looking at the LR Pln, would notice a discrepency?

A solicitor certainly won't as he won't ever visit the garden.
  • Land Registry
    just wondered if this will be physically checked on site during the selling process and could be picked up on which could jeopardise the sale? If this did get raised as an issue I could go to my neighbour and explain and I am pretty sure that he would confirm in writing that he is happy that the fence is in the location it's in as he got a fencing contractor in who put it where it is
    Originally posted by phil1973
    The conveyancer will usually ask the client to check the title plan with what is on the ground. Some may spot it but some may not - all down to the individual and what they are keenest to view for example ie house or garden or both

If they do spot it and query it then you are likely to have a problem both timewise and unravelling what happens next. And then it invariably depends on the conveyancers/potential lender involved and how important they view the issue/risk

Worse case scenario is that they want it solved - that may mean the registered owner (your neighbour) transferring that small part to you.
    Some may suggest 'claiming the land' but that may not be an option as they gave you conssent it seems to have the little bit extra.

The experience of others can help understand the possibilitie shere but it's all about you, your neighbour, your buyer, their lender and any conveyancers invcolved really. And they are all unique to your specific scenario.

So you are STC and next step is to see if the buyer picks it up and queries it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,932Posts Today

8,580Users online

Martin's Twitter