Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 14
  • Land Registry
    Thank you. Am I right that the Land Registry have 2 weeks in which to make the site visit (if one was needed)?
    Originally posted by goodwithsaving
    If a survey is requested we usually notify the applicant that a survey will take place within 2 weeks of our notification. There's no time limit as to our 'having to' complete the survey but the vast majority are made within that 2 week timeframe
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • magstar71
    • By magstar71 16th Nov 17, 9:53 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    magstar71
    Advice on Title Deeds
    Hello

I hope I have written in the correct section, I just need a bit of advice.

We are trying to sell our house and we noticed that on the land registry title which our conveyancer sent there is another section on the map that was not within the title deeds for our main property ( currently our oil tank is on that section not shown)

I digged a little into my old files and documents and in 2003 we had notice from the land registry that the above section mentioned has a different title deed number and it says we are the proprietor of this freehold section adjoining our main property. This shows the section we own not seen in the different title deed above.

So my question is, how can I find out if my mortgage company has both title deeds regarding the property and if not and only has the main title deed for the main property which my conveyancer has, does this mean I am able to sell off the other section without my mortgage company being involved as it is a different title deed number.

I hope this makes sense..
    • meggib
    • By meggib 16th Nov 17, 12:33 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    meggib
    Hi Land Registry

Can you answer queries for Scotland? or just England and Wales?

Thanks

Mary
  • Land Registry
    Hi Land Registry

Can you answer queries for Scotland? or just England and Wales?

Thanks

Mary
    Originally posted by meggib
    England and Wales I'm afraid. The Registers of Scotland cover Scotland but I don;t think they have a presence on MSE

If you try the wider MSE forum there are often posters happy to comment on questions relevant to the proces sin Scotland though
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • nb2107
    • By nb2107 21st Nov 17, 7:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nb2107
    how much is my car park space worth
    Hello, I have a question please, we have been approached by our neighbour who is a well known developer. We have on the deeds one allocated parking space but you have up to four cars as our parking is located at the end of a cul de sac which nobody else has access to unless they were to park away from their house. Now the developer needs are parking to gain access to the site he wishes to build on. He has currently offered to build us a garage. I have said a garage is not good enough and i want a garage parking for two cars and pocket money to agree to selling our space. From what i can see it looks like a ransom strip so effectively they cannot build without our parking space. How much would are parking space be worth and what would a reasonable offer be if they can build up to six 3 and 4 bedroom houses. advice will be much appreciated thank you.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 21st Nov 17, 8:55 PM
    • 36,180 Posts
    • 152,903 Thanks
    silvercar
    Hello, I have a question please, we have been approached by our neighbour who is a well known developer. We have on the deeds one allocated parking space but you have up to four cars as our parking is located at the end of a cul de sac which nobody else has access to unless they were to park away from their house. Now the developer needs are parking to gain access to the site he wishes to build on. He has currently offered to build us a garage. I have said a garage is not good enough and i want a garage parking for two cars and pocket money to agree to selling our space. From what i can see it looks like a ransom strip so effectively they cannot build without our parking space. How much would are parking space be worth and what would a reasonable offer be if they can build up to six 3 and 4 bedroom houses. advice will be much appreciated thank you.
    Originally posted by nb2107
    You would be better starting your own thread as Land Registry won't be able to put a value on something like this. I would check your deeds first, see what is included as your land and what is no-mans land that you have sole use of just because of the geography.
  • Land Registry
    Not one we can answer I'm afraid so I'd follow silvercar's advice re separate thread
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 27th Nov 17, 10:23 PM
    • 36,180 Posts
    • 152,903 Thanks
    silvercar
    Calling Land Registry!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5751187
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
    • fishing mad
    • By fishing mad 28th Nov 17, 2:01 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    fishing mad
    I posted this query earlier on another thread and hope that it is okay to post here also.
    My husband and I purchased our current home nearly eleven years ago and have been residing here during that time. According to the Land Registry information , we are still living at our previous address which we sold at the time of our new house purchase. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to who is responsible for this - Land Registry or my solicitor? We are living in Northern Ireland.
    I am now even more confused as I have now been informed that "It's not meant to be your current address, it's your address at the time of the last transaction with the property. Which, at the time you bought the house, was your old address".

I thought that it would be only logical that the address recorded in the Land Registry should be the current rather the previous address.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanking you.
    Last edited by fishing mad; 30-11-2017 at 7:46 AM. Reason: .
  • Land Registry
    I posted this query earlier on another thread and hope that it is okay to post here also.
    My husband and I purchased our current home nearly eleven years ago and have been residing here during that time. According to the Land Registry information, we are still living at our previous address which we sold at the time of our new house purchase. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to who is responsible for this - Land Registry or my solicitor? We are living in Northern Ireland.
    I am now even more confused as I have now been informed that "It's not meant to be your current address, it's your address at the time of the last transaction with the property. Which, at the time you bought the house, was your old address".

I thought that it would be only logical that the address recorded in the Land Registry should be the current rather the previous address.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanking you.
    Originally posted by fishing mad
    We enter the contact details supplied by the applicant on registration be that at the time if purchase and again on any update. Whilst documents may have referred to your address at the time if purchase the application firm asks for the contact details to be registered. As such the information given seems to be incorrect

If it's wrong then you should apply to update it
    • fishing mad
    • By fishing mad 28th Nov 17, 7:05 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    fishing mad
    Thank you so much for your reply.

I presume that applicant means conveyancer.
  • Land Registry
    Thank you so much for your reply.

I presume that applicant means conveyancer.
    Originally posted by fishing mad
    Whoever lodged it at the time so if the conveyancer then yes.

Form AP1 panel 9 asks them to confirm the contact details to be entered
    • ArchtiectBOX
    • By ArchtiectBOX 28th Nov 17, 8:22 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ArchtiectBOX
    If it is a ransom strip and the developer has no other means of access, you could be entitled to a 3rd of the Land Value!
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 4th Dec 17, 5:11 PM
    • 656 Posts
    • 394 Thanks
    Tom99
    DEEDS OF TRUST
    Can a deed of trust which specifies %age beneficial ownership of a property be registered against the legal title?
    • if so what form does that registration take?
    • What additional protection does that give a beneficial owner on a subsequent sale?
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 4th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    • 30,712 Posts
    • 18,359 Thanks
    getmore4less
    why is it not a sticky?

I had to go look for it to point someone to it

ultimate arbitrator is the MSE/LR rep its their baby.
  • Land Registry
    DEEDS OF TRUST
    Can a deed of trust which specifies %age beneficial ownership of a property be registered against the legal title?
    • if so what form does that registration take?
    • What additional protection does that give a beneficial owner on a subsequent sale?
    Originally posted by Tom99
    We do not register deeds of trust as such or the %s but their existence can be protected on the register by way of a restriction. See our online guidance on Joint property ownership and Private trusts

A deed of trust deals with the beneficial ownership of the property. We register the legal ownership. As far as additional protection is concerned the existence of a restriction can indicate that such a trust exists and therefore cause a lender, buyer or indeed owner to take note.

For example if a form A restriction is registered then a surviving sole owner can't take receipt of capital monies on their own but must appoint someone to do so with them. That can hamper their ability to sell or mortgage for example.
  • Land Registry
    why is it not a sticky?

I had to go look for it to point someone to it

ultimate arbitrator is the MSE/LR rep its their baby.
    Originally posted by getmore4less
    The thread was set up by MSE but as posters ask Qs both here and in their own threads we post replies in both where appropriate.

In single threads we will find them when we search for 'land registry' and the poster has included those word(s)
    • messes
    • By messes 7th Dec 17, 3:56 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    messes
    Hi Land Registry,

I'm in the process of buying a property but looking at the Title plan the red line that indicates the ownership has been drawn through the porch which sits proud of the main building and boundary walls.

The property is a listed building and this is part of the original build, so it has always been this way. Can the LR records be corrected? Do they need to be?

Thanks.
    Last edited by messes; 07-12-2017 at 4:11 PM. Reason: correction to request
  • Land Registry
    Hi Land Registry,

I'm in the process of buying a property but looking at the Title plan the red line that indicates the ownership has been drawn through the porch which sits proud of the main building and boundary walls.

The property is a listed building and this is part of the original build, so it has always been this way. Can the LR records be corrected? Do they need to be?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by messes
    If part of the property you are buying is outside of the red outline that is something you need to raise witht he seller.

There could be one of a few reasons as to why it is so

It could be an error either int he registration or the original conveyancing deeds or both

It could also be a case that the ownership is registered under more than one title so the 'missing part' is registered separately for some reason

Or it has been registered correctly based on what was applied for on first registration and they are effectively occupying more land than is registered

I'd suggest raising it with the seller and asking them to clarify/confirm
    • messes
    • By messes 7th Dec 17, 5:03 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    messes
    If part of the property you are buying is outside of the red outline that is something you need to raise witht he seller.
    Originally posted by Land Registry
    Yes that's being done, it appears this is how the property was when they brought it and was not raised as a problem when they purchased themselves. So they never investigated anything.

It could be an error either int he registration or the original conveyancing deeds or both
    Originally posted by Land Registry
    What would be the process to get the original registration corrected?
    Last edited by messes; 09-12-2017 at 8:49 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

283Posts Today

1,161Users online

Martin's Twitter