Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rachyp
    • By rachyp 26th Jul 17, 3:25 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 21Thanks
    rachyp
    Alico wellwoman policy
    • 26th Jul 17, 3:25 PM
    Alico wellwoman policy 26th Jul 17 at 3:25 PM
    I took out an Alico wellwoman cancer policy in 2002.
    I was told if I hadn't claimed against it in 15 years, all my monies would be refunded.

So, my 15 years finish on August 29th 2017. I am wondering has anyone had a refund on this policy?
    Did you need to do anything like phone and cancel the policy or politely 'remind' them that the 15 years is up?

I am not sure which address they have for me- either my parents or my own as the policy was taken out so long ago now.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 26th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 33,605 Posts
    • 17,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 26th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 26th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    The answers should all be in your policy docs.

Otherwise contact them and get correct info from the horses mouth
    • Helliepspf
    • By Helliepspf 3rd Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Helliepspf
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    Alico well woman policy
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    Hi Rachyp
    I took out a policy too, back in 2003, no claims and my 15 years are up in April 2018. Just wondered whether you had had any success in claiming your premiums back.
    Thanks
    H
    • nicky_p
    • By nicky_p 5th Oct 17, 1:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nicky_p
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:39 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:39 PM
    I also have a policy with ReAssure (previously Allico) I contacted them when the company changes took place and asked about the refund of premiums, they told me i was due a refund 11th February 2018. I also contacted them again and asked them to confirm this in writing which they did. The letter states

"You do not have to do anything, we will send you a letter confirmting the details of this payment nearer the time. The payment will either be made by cheque or by direct debit"

It would be nice to know if anyone has had success in reclaiming their premiums?

Cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

1,426Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin