Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ashecorven
    • By ashecorven 26th Jul 17, 2:36 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ashecorven
    Phone now repaired but Samsung repairs attempted to deceive me that it wasn't covered
    • 26th Jul 17, 2:36 PM
    Phone now repaired but Samsung repairs attempted to deceive me that it wasn't covered 26th Jul 17 at 2:36 PM
    TL;DR
    I imagine that many will find this quite interesting as it shows Samsung falsely claimed that my device was not covered by warranty and I would have to pay to have them repair it. Fortunately however, I had already visited a Samsung Support Centre and was told that it was covered by warranty. I went back to them and they did repair it under warranty.

Issue still remains that Samsung repairs attempted to deceive me, ignoring my many statements that they've either assessed the wrong device or it's been done incorrectly. Even photos and video proving there was no damage were useless apparently. My only option was to pay or it wouldn't be fixed.

Hopefully they have not gotten away with forcing other consumers to pay for repairs that should have been completed under warranty.

I would really like this to be spread around as far as possible so that others know that they are acting deceptively.

The phone is still not working 100% as there are issues with the brightness.

I submitted a complaint to Samsung two weeks ago via resolver regarding the whole issue, and have since had to email them twice more as I've still not received any contact whatsoever.

Any advice on how to take this further if the escalation to the CEO (next resolver step) goes nowhere? Anyone else experienced something similar? How should I spread this around?

TIMELINE
    While I was overseas, my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge started playing up immediately after installing a system update. It could only be used when the brightness was 100%, otherwise the flickering made it unusable. It continued to get worse; within a week the screen wouldn't stay on for more than a second.

First visit at London Support Centre on arriving back in the UK
    - Staff member stated there was a problem with the LCD.
    - No spare LCD so couldn't be fixed that day.
    - Repaired device must be picked up (not possible for it to be delivered to my address in Northamptonshire).
    - Suggested I call Support and arrange courier to pick up, repair and return.

Contacting Samsung Support/repair centre
    - Informed staff member of whole story, and organised pick up.
    - Photographed and took video of the device to show there was no damage
    - Device picked up following day
    - Three days later I called as I hadn't received any communication whatsoever. Was told device was not covered by warranty as there was a crack in the screen! If I wanted to discuss further I had to call the Repair Centre (which was closed).
    - Called Repair Centre next workday, same statement that engineer sited a crack in the screen. I first asked him to check if the wrong device had been checked, to which he said there was no chance the engineer had checked the wrong device. I stated London Support Centre had already checked it and stated it was covered by warranty and I had videos/photos to prove there was no damage. No care staff and told that my videos of the phone were useless.
    - Phone returned unrepaired two days later.
    N.B. Over whole period, I never received a single email, letter or phone call from Samsung. At first I only called to confirm that it was indeed Samsung that had picked up the device.

Second visit at London Support Centre (two weeks after original visit)
    - Had to take a full day out of a week holiday to go down to London for this, as well as fuel, parking and tube costs!
    - Detailed entire story to two of your staff. They checked the device and were extremely apologetic and would have the device fixed as soon as possible.
    - Repaired under full warranty.
    - This proves that my device was covered by full warranty and the Repair Centre wrongly stated otherwise. Also the lack of care from staff members that continually dismissed me was unbelievable.
    - HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME AND MONEY
    Last edited by ashecorven; 26-07-2017 at 3:22 PM.
Page 1
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 26th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    • 2,910 Posts
    • 1,277 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 26th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    • 26th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    - Phone returned unrepaired two days later.
    Originally posted by ashecorven
    With no crack in the screen..?
    • ashecorven
    • By ashecorven 26th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ashecorven
    • 26th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    • 26th Jul 17, 7:47 PM
    With no crack in the screen..?
    Originally posted by eDicky
    That's right, returned without a crack in the screen.

Support Centre wouldn't have fixed it otherwise.
    • Saeed
    • By Saeed 29th Jul 17, 10:12 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    Saeed
    • 29th Jul 17, 10:12 PM
    • 29th Jul 17, 10:12 PM
    This is how all manufacturers try to get out honouring their guarantee, they claim that it's been abused, dropped, liquid damage and the customers can't do a thing about it. One of the guys that repairs phone says Apple are the best at honouring guarantees.

Don't buy Samsung next time, hit them where it hurts.
    Last edited by Saeed; 29-07-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    • RUSS56
    • By RUSS56 16th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    RUSS56
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    Samsung Customer Care ?
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    Samsung are a joke when it comes to looking after their clients really ! I have a s7edge I got in march , the very day I got it I was on Duty with the Ambulance Service and the phone was in my top pocket of uniform ? We had to transfer a dementia lady by ambulance she panicked and hit me in the chest and cracked the screen "GUTTED" however not her fault

I sent it to Samsung who said "£300 " please !! said get lost no damage just hair like cracks through the screen , it was ok at first now there is lots of green horizontal lines all over the screen ,has anyone else experienced this ? .

I would expect more from a company like Samsung especially if you are think about maybe a new TV/FRIDGE/KITCHEN APPLIANCES etc ? wouldnt you ? I,m damn sure I,d be wanting to buy another samsung or new mobiles for the kids etc ?

They are shooting themselves in the foot by this total lack of care and stickin two fingers up to their customers ? Did you eventually get it resolved as I have escalated the case now ?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 16th Sep 17, 9:40 AM
    • 9,842 Posts
    • 4,054 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:40 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:40 AM
    (I sent it to Samsung who said "£300 " please !! said get lost no damage just hair like cracks through the screen , it was ok at first now there is lots of green horizontal lines all over the screen ,has anyone else experienced this)

Do you mean paying for a damaged screen ?
    • d123
    • By d123 16th Sep 17, 12:12 PM
    • 6,688 Posts
    • 4,265 Thanks
    d123
    • 16th Sep 17, 12:12 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 12:12 PM

I sent it to Samsung who said "£300 " please !! said get lost no damage just hair like cracks through the screen , it was ok at first now there is lots of green horizontal lines all over the screen ,has anyone else experienced this ? .
    Originally posted by RUSS56
    What? There was no damage except the damaged screen?

Did you really write that and not go hmm, that doesn’t sound right?

If there were multiple cracks in the LCD it’s only expected for the screen to stop working.

Your only hope is making enough noise (which is what you’re doing) and get a discounted repair, cracking your screen is not a warranty repair.
    ====
    • RUSS56
    • By RUSS56 16th Sep 17, 1:03 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    RUSS56
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:03 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:03 PM
    yes they wanted £300 for that job to be done
    • d123
    • By d123 16th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    • 6,688 Posts
    • 4,265 Thanks
    d123
    • 16th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    yes they wanted £300 for that job to be done
    Originally posted by RUSS56
    So you damaged your screen by causing multiple cracks and they want you to pay for a new screen?

Sounds right, what’s your issue with paying for damage you caused?
    ====
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

929Posts Today

6,824Users online

Martin's Twitter