Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 25th Jul 17, 11:47 PM
    • 14,914Posts
    • 48,070Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow
    • 25th Jul 17, 11:47 PM
    Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow 25th Jul 17 at 11:47 PM
    Hello,

I used to post here loads and loads, I have been debt free since 2011 but I am due dental work (yes finally!) and need glasses and work done on the car, the house and the garden so am going to do a 0% balance transfer if I can time everything right and then work very hard on paying it off.

I do have some savings but they are staying as an emergency fund, I like the security they give me. Plus they may well not be enough. In the back of my mind I think I am due a tax rebate as well, not had time to investigate yet.

Some things have changed and some things stay the same. As a family we are having a very hard time and that is partly why I am back, I need a reminder not spend all the time and to try to find the cheapest ways to do things. Especially eating.

Lately I have been buying things from Amazon like it doesn't cost me a thing and do not even get me started on the contactless payment option.....it is really bad!!

I get paid tomorrow so a little sort out of the budgets and then an investigation of 0% BT offers.

Love

Buffy
    Saving all the money.............really I am !
Page 5
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Oct 17, 3:51 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,157 Thanks
    beanielou
    Dentist at half term
    How are things other than work? xxx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 4th Oct 17, 8:22 PM
    • 4,739 Posts
    • 28,216 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Sounds like you're getting things sorted. Glad the pond is done. Take care Buffster xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 4th Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    • 14,914 Posts
    • 48,070 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    I am hoping to book the dentist before half term, purely because I am sick of having to do stuff like that in my holidays!

tho I had better hurry up. had migraine type headache, 3 days. took today off. just needed everything to stop.

The Ruby Wax Who do you think you are programme was very moving.

XXX
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 21st Oct 17, 8:44 AM
    • 14,914 Posts
    • 48,070 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    IT IS HALF TERM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was the WORST day of the entire term and goes on the list for reasons to change jobs at the end of the year.

Life here has been hard frankly! BIL had a difficult time and then got really ill. It was a bit scary earlier in the week. And typically with my family it was all secret squirrel so that was fun! NOT.

Money wise I am funding all of Amazon's profits, click click click click

It told me I have made a 122 orders in the last 6 months

Moving on!

the spending is clearly a reaction to having zero time and little control over my life.

I will admit tho, I bought new colouring book and thoroughly enjoyed my morning, cup or tea and colouring. such bliss not to feel rushed.

Work is quite enjoyable in someways but takes up all my time. I have given up tutoring which is sad but needed to be done.

I am just so relieved it is half term. Words cannot express the relief!

Will now go and have a read XXX
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 21st Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    • 4,738 Posts
    • 26,832 Thanks
    in need of direction
    What about the dentist? Nag, nag,nag
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £79,389.12, target £75,000 by 31/12/17 Offset fund today £4,055.43 target £5,500 by 31/12/17
    Emergency fund £5k/5.5k & £130/200 cash.
    Current weight loss 7/32 by 28 feb 2018
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,157 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy half term.
    Hope you can relax & enjoy some you time xxx

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 21st Oct 17, 1:30 PM
    • 4,739 Posts
    • 28,216 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Have a fab half term, hopefully all will be quiet on the western front and you get some time to relax xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,157 Thanks
    beanielou
    What about the dentist? Nag, nag,nag
    Originally posted by in need of direction
    Dont think that Buffy has had time to think about it

• in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 22nd Oct 17, 3:07 PM
    • 4,738 Posts
    • 26,832 Thanks
    in need of direction
    I know but Buffy really needs to do at least one thing for Buffy!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £79,389.12, target £75,000 by 31/12/17 Offset fund today £4,055.43 target £5,500 by 31/12/17
    Progress not perfection.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 22nd Oct 17, 9:42 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,157 Thanks
    beanielou
    I know but Buffy really needs to do at least one thing for Buffy!
    Originally posted by in need of direction
    Which is true

• Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 22nd Oct 17, 10:31 PM
    • 14,914 Posts
    • 48,070 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    I love you lot. Truly I do.

I have the dentist on Wednesday (YUCK!)

AND

The RABBIT AVIARY IS UP

which means my darling bunnies are moving outside.

Yes I know it is October but they will have a heater and a bale of hay and snugglesafes. I can't stand it anymore the poo and mess. I love them but they aren't fully litter trained and on carpet it is revolting.

So once that happens I can sort upstairs out and we can have the doors open again!!

BIL is utterly miserable - fair enough obviously but health wise is doing a bit better.

seeing my friend tomorrow night, moving fish tanks on Tuesday. Dentist and more house stuff wed, my room Thursday, new sofas come Friday.

Big love to you XXXXXX
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 22nd Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,157 Thanks
    beanielou
    oooh new sofas~~lucky lucky you xxx

• in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 22nd Oct 17, 10:36 PM
    • 4,738 Posts
    • 26,832 Thanks
    in need of direction
    Looks like you're reclaiming your life bit by bit. Well done.
    Progress not perfection.
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 24th Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    • 3,374 Posts
    • 28,943 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Happy half term Buffy. Hope that you manage to get some relaxation time.
    RYSAW17 #1 £1313.42 20p Savers #88 £1 a day for Xmas # DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 24th Oct 17, 3:26 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,157 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you are managing to relax Buffster xxx

• Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 25th Oct 17, 10:52 AM
    • 14,914 Posts
    • 48,070 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Brother in law has had a bad few days, refusing treatment and shouting at the nurses. Obviously he is now terribly disabled and the reality is hitting him. He got a chest infection and that meant strong antibiotics which seem to have affected his state of mind and meant that he has been a lot more honest about things. Also occasionally delirious. He slept for two days and they suspected another stroke. My sister is doing all of the visiting as I have a sinus infection and can't see him. Mum can't go up on her own (I have said I would go with and wait outside but have been told no) So it is all pretty grim to be honest. I am very very worried about my sister.

I am a day behind in my plans. So need to crack on with stuff. Fish tanks. But have the dentist later so am bricking myself about that! Still quite impressed I got the old sofas out of the house.

Mum has drafted a will, in response to the BIL situation, the house would be divided between the 3 of us, which is what I thought would happen. She has put a clause in giving me first refusal to buy it which is good - best get saving big time! It was all very awkward and depressing, Mum is just so sad about the BIL situation.

I think realistically I need to bite the bullet and buy a buy to let place in the next six months. God knows I have done enough research.

I have been trying to sell things online and it is just not working. I don't want to E bay - I wouldn't have time once at work but FB isn't working. Today I am trying Gum tree and Pre loved. Any ideas?

Need to check the banks accounts. I have been spending money I can't afford!

XXX
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 25th Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,157 Thanks
    beanielou
    So sorry to read about your brother in law.
    I had not appreciated that your BIL had been left so severly disabled.
    A dire situation all round.
    no idea really what to say really.
    Big hugs xxx

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 25th Oct 17, 3:35 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,157 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope that dentist goes ok for you.

• Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 25th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 14,914 Posts
    • 48,070 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Yeah, I don't like to go into specifics on FB as I don't want to feel like I am being over dramatic.

The stroke has left him paralysed down the right side, he was doing well with the physio and had recently been standing for a short period(10 - 20 seconds) but he has only slight feeling in his right leg. He can feel nothing in his right hand/arm and his eyesight has been affected. With physio more of his right side could come back but they don't know. Understandably he has been very negative with this infection and this has set him back a lot. The refusal of treatment was difficult and he has had way more trouble eating. Ultimately this may not be how he ends up but the physio initially said because he was so positive he stood a good chance but these last two weeks it has been different. Saying that my sister took him out in the wheelchair to the courtyard in the hospital today. Although I don't think it had the positive affect it had the first time him went out.

The other worrying thing is the doctor thought he would only got o the rehab place for two weeks before he comes home - that is a bit worrying as their house is not disabled friendly but that is a problem for another day!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 25th Oct 17, 6:03 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,157 Thanks
    beanielou
    So what treatment has he refused Buffy?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,209Posts Today

5,597Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin