Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chloe_cub
    • By Chloe_cub 20th Jul 17, 10:59 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chloe_cub
    Armtrac reply to IPC template
    • 20th Jul 17, 10:59 PM
    Armtrac reply to IPC template 20th Jul 17 at 10:59 PM
    Advice please!

In summery I got a PCN in the car park at my friends new flat that was signposted visitors, as the car park outside her flat was for residence only. When I got back to my car I had a PCN, at which point I noticed when you drive into the car park there is a big sign that says visitors parking, and on the other side of that, that you only see when you drive out, is an essay of a sign explaining you need a permit to park there.

I followed the NEWBIES advice and waited for the NTK which was sent over 5?weeks after the PCN (if that has any relevance), and replied with the template letter.

They seem insistent on perseuing this fine, and don't really want the stress of a court battle, so very tempted to pay the fine and stop it all now.

Any advice would be grately appreciated! Oddly, the day after my PCN, 2 of my friends got tickets in the same spot and have heard nothing?

After I sent the template, I very promptly received this reply from Armtrac...

We are in receipt of your letter regarding PCN issued by us to your vehicle on 8/5/17 @ 17:00 Harbour Village private pay and display car park.

NOTE: date was actually the 14/5/17, and it was a permit car park, with no pay and display facilities

As already stated in correspondence we have sent you - this PCN was issued to the vehicle for the issue reason 'no permit' as the car park requires permits to be displayed and at the time of inspection by our patrol officer there was no permit displayed which our photographic evidence proves and this can be viewed online at payarmtrac.co.uk. Please view photographic evidence available.

NOTE: I looked on the ire website and when I put my reg and PCN number in, I can't seem to find an option to see photos anywhere?

8.5.17 - PCN issued to vehicle - No response received

6.6.17 - request sent to DVLA for owner/driver details

28.6.17 - details received back from DVLA

28.6.17 - NTK sent to yourself - No response received

18.7.17 - Prelegal reminder letter sent informing you that the PCN remains unpaid, the period for appealing has expired and that if payment is not made within 14 days of the date of this letter details would then be passed to other hands for collection (either through debt recovery agents or county court)

18.7.17 - received letter of appeal, however this has been received outside the appeal period, and therefore will not be addressed.

NOTE: this was the IPC template I sent on the 12.7.17.

Please pay the PCN of £100 within 7days of the date of this email. If PCN remains unpaid after this time then the details will be immediately passed over to other hands for collection as stated in our previous reminders.

We will not enter into further correspondence regarding an appeal of this PCN, and no further correspondence will be issued before passing onto other hands if payment is not received.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,077 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    • 20th Jul 17, 11:04 PM
    they should send the NTK between day 29 and day 56 if they wish to comply with POFA2012, so 5 weeks seems about right

of course they are pursuing this INVOICE , they want as much money as possible from the fish wriggling on their hook (you)

that is the whole point of the sc@m , to trap people like you into alledgedly owing large sums of money for minor transgressions

they were always going to turn down your appeal, that was inevitable

its either pay up , in full , or let it go down the hurdles route until a possible court case in civil court , which they have 6 years to do so , using MCOL

we would tell you to ignore them unless they try a court case , but the choice is yours (we dont like people paying sc@mmers)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Jul 17, 11:43 PM
    • 51,886 Posts
    • 65,532 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Jul 17, 11:43 PM
    • 20th Jul 17, 11:43 PM
    They seem insistent on perseuing this fine, and don't really want the stress of a court battle, so very tempted to pay the fine and stop it all now.
    Don't be surprised if no-one here answers any more, if that's what you plan to do.

Please don't fund and sponsor the scam, or you are joining them. Be ashamed to even consider it, even for an 'easy life'.

Umkomaas summed our thoughts up here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72773978#post72773978

We are passionate about this scam, you know. Don't fund ex-clamper thug firms, on principle.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Chloe_cub
    • By Chloe_cub 21st Jul 17, 10:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chloe_cub
    • 21st Jul 17, 10:58 PM
    • 21st Jul 17, 10:58 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I very much appreciate your help!

I would rather not fund these scammers. But so I know what I am letting my self in for, any advice you can give me about the not paying process, or any good links to threads you can give me where people have ignored the demands for payment and their experiences and outcomes.

Do they take everyone to court who ignore their letters? And if so, do they ever win, as I have read most cases the court sides with the victim, not the scammer? If I end up defending myself in court, is there a chance I could loose?

Thanks in advance guys!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 21st Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    • 33,606 Posts
    • 17,511 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 21st Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    • 21st Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    The "not paying process" is all covered in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

The forum is full of threads with outcomes! You don't have to look far

There is a chance you could lose - no one can guarantee the outcome of a court hearing
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jul 17, 11:12 PM
    • 51,886 Posts
    • 65,532 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Jul 17, 11:12 PM
    • 21st Jul 17, 11:12 PM
    Do they take everyone to court who ignore their letters?
    Originally posted by Chloe_cub
    Far from it - they have tiny court numbers. The NEWBIES thread tells you to Google BMPA Insight and the name of the firm...do that, and you will know your chance of court is tiny.

And if so, do they ever win, as I have read most cases the court sides with the victim, not the scammer?
    I don't recall them winning one but I expect they might have done, once.

Google 'Armtrac Parking Prankster'. They are fairly useless.

If I end up defending myself in court, is there a chance I could loose?
    No, but there's a chance you could lose...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Chloe_cub
    • By Chloe_cub 10th Oct 17, 10:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chloe_cub
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:02 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:02 PM
    Ok, so I have stuck this one out and I now have a Court Claim letter. Frustratingly I did receive the Letter Before Claim, the day I left to go on holiday, so it sat unopened for over 2 weeks until my return. I got back on the 3rd oct and 2 days later the Court Claim arrived before I had a chance to reply as advised in other threads.

I have acknowledged the claim, and now need to think about a defence. I am reading the ads using the search phrases 'defence statement of truth' and search 'prohibitive sign' and 'Gladstones claim' as advised in another similar thread to mine. Although it is frazzling my brain and I don't really know where to begin.

How strong is my case that the date they have provided in all correspondence for the alleged parking offence is incorrect, and the date they state I have evidence I was at work 20minutes away. Even though I was parked without a permit on a different day (obviously wouldn't have done it if I had seen the signs!), should I emphasise my case on this point?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,265Users online

Martin's Twitter