Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,115Posts
    • 28,636Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    OS Weight Loss 3.5/10

V3ry - £1,119.41 and S1mplyBe - £593.18
Page 81
    • maryb
    • By maryb 11th Oct 17, 10:19 AM
    • 3,396 Posts
    • 40,292 Thanks
    maryb
    Ivyleaf, it may be worth asking at the service desk in the food hall. Someone might have handed it in there if it was left on a food trolley and it's possible it was stuffed under the counter to deal with'later' and forgotten about
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 11th Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    • 3,195 Posts
    • 50,960 Thanks
    silvasava
    Morning all - I do have a bit of a tan Monna but not much. Quite overcast and two days of gales but the sun did come out the second week. I'm on a mission now. The house needs a good clean, DH does clean up but our puss sheds hair in clumps and he doesn't seem to notice it very often. I also need to start clearing the RoD and list some stuff on fleabay. Boat comes out next weekend so there's another list in the making and the diary is beginning to ramp up towards C*****mas. I'm back in our local age concern tomorrow morning to help with IT for a couple of hours - and breathe!
    Fuddle - glad you've got a diagnosis and something to work on - hugs
    Ivy - know how you feel as I forget to take my £20.00 out of the till in A**a - needless to say it didn't get handed in, makes you want to spit doesn't it - as you say,hope the person needs it more than you.
    DH has just made me a coffee so better drink that and roll up my sleeves
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • shanks77
    • By shanks77 11th Oct 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1,044 Posts
    • 9,507 Thanks
    shanks77
    Sheila how lovely to hear from you again and glad your husband (Gary isn't it) is still enjoying his home and keeping well. 60 chickens!!!! Wow my sis kept chickens, ducks and Rheas for a while but not to that extent good on you will keep you busy.
    Fuddle glad to hear you are home and resting up and looking after yourself.
    Ivyleaf sorry about the jumpers such an easy thing to do but so frustrating.
    We are just back from afternoon tea at the Langham v posh and not mse at all but such a lovely treat. Have come back to hotel (Travelodge not lost all my OS ways lol) for a rest then back out later. Doing the Harry Potter experience tomorrow then not sure for Friday will wait and see.
    Hugs to anyone who needs one xx
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 11th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 4,853 Posts
    • 50,835 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Thanks maryb - I tried the desk in the food hall first, but they didn't have it. Then I tried upstairs at customer services/lost property but it hadn't found its way there, so I tried both desks again the next morning, and also the payment desk in the womenswear dept.
    In the end, we went to Bluewater this morning and I was able to replace them, with my voucher from DD put towards the cost. The replacements are now tucked safely in my wardrobe.

It was frustrating to have to buy some new ones this year, but I usually bought my jumpers at BHS, and the ones I already had look rather sorry for themselves these days. I did get two last year as well though, so i should be all right for a few years now!

shanks77
    I'm glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea Hope you have fun at HP!

silvasava at losing your £20! My DD did the same once, one day when she wasn't feeling well. Thankfully her son was with her and he asked in some confusion whether she wasn't going to take her money!
    Last edited by ivyleaf; 11-10-2017 at 5:23 PM.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 11th Oct 17, 6:41 PM
    • 3,009 Posts
    • 37,684 Thanks
    monnagran
    This is where I am so glad that I live in a village. I left £50 in the cash point outside our little Co-op. I didn't realise what I'd done until I went to pay at the cash desk. I fell apart and the cashier patted my hand and told me to stop fretting, someone had brought it in. She said that it often happened.
    My guardian Angel was on full alert that day.

Nothing exciting happening here. I've been through the house rendering spiders homeless and polishing doorknobs, anything to make it look inviting to the prospective buyer. DS2 is coming tomorrow to mow the grass and remove a few things destined for the tip.. Just generally tarting up the place.

Thought for today.

Age is a high price to pay for maturity.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 11th Oct 17, 8:11 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 36,947 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Fuddle take care of yourself, you too burtha.
    The Windows are closed, the curtains are drawn, there is no heating on but it's nice and warm on the boat. I have to go out in the rain to collect CHS at 9:30 when his shift finishes, until then it's crochet, a cup of tea and the radio.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • chickens11
    • By chickens11 11th Oct 17, 8:22 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 2,601 Thanks
    chickens11
    Thank you and i hope your well...x
    My motto is " one life live it ".....
    • chickens11
    • By chickens11 11th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 2,601 Thanks
    chickens11
    Nice to meet you too...x
    • chickens11
    • By chickens11 11th Oct 17, 8:26 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 2,601 Thanks
    chickens11
    Thank you for the welcome back..x
    • chickens11
    • By chickens11 11th Oct 17, 8:29 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 2,601 Thanks
    chickens11
    Thank you , its nice to be back....Ive had chickens for years and to me its so easy looking after them , the worst bit is mucking out I suppose , but i get a nice satisfied feeling when its all done and the hens have lovely clean straw in their boxes...x
    • chickens11
    • By chickens11 11th Oct 17, 8:32 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 2,601 Thanks
    chickens11
    Thanks lyn for the welcome back.......Yes I still have Bo the terrier , hes 12 now.........Sorry to hear about docky , arh bless him .......x
    • chickens11
    • By chickens11 11th Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 2,601 Thanks
    chickens11
    Oh dear ive been thanking people for their welcome to me and ive forgot to put their names in !!..Oh dear you can see that ive not been on here for such a long time , haha ....You all know who im thanking and answering too......Sorry girls ....
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 11th Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 9,356 Posts
    • 54,944 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Thank goodness for that, I thought for one moment that there had been some nasty posts removed! The thought of a troll invasion at our lovely Garden Fence is too horrible to contemplate!
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash

October NSDs 11 of 20
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Oct 17, 7:58 AM
    • 11,014 Posts
    • 152,281 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Thanks SHEILA, it's 2 and a bit years now since we had to let him go and I still expect him to bounce down the corridor when I go in from shopping and we still can't sit in his armchair, I miss him so much BUT we both said yesterday that we were beginning to feel that another lurcher in our lives was something we'd welcome when we finally get ourselves moved so perhaps we're turning a corner? We both have had to wait for that feeling that there is enough love to be had for another dog who wasn't Docky before having that thought, think he's working on us from the 'ether' so maybe there is another little scruffy puppy going to be born to keep us company.....watch this space!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 12th Oct 17, 9:01 AM
    • 4,853 Posts
    • 50,835 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    No problem chickens, it's just so nice to have you back and to know you're okay. It's always a bit worrying when someone drops off the radar x
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 12th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    • 3,009 Posts
    • 37,684 Thanks
    monnagran
    Dear Lyn, your post about our Docky reminded me of a piece I once read.

It may even have been on here, but even so I think it bears repetition.

Before humans die, they write their Will and Testament, give their home and all their possessions to those they leave behind.

If with my paws I could do the same, this is what I'd ask.

To a poor, lonely stray I'd give my happy home. My bowl and cosy bed and all my toys.
    The lap that I loved so much.
    The hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I'd will to the scared shelter cat and dog the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seems to be no bounds.

So when I die, please do not say, "I will never have another pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can bear."

Instead, go find an unloved cat or dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope,
    and give MY place to THEM.

This is the only thing I can give............the love I left behind.

That will do for the Thought for Today.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Oct 17, 10:30 AM
    • 11,014 Posts
    • 152,281 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    MONNA, thank you so very much xxx.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 12th Oct 17, 10:32 AM
    • 3,009 Posts
    • 37,684 Thanks
    monnagran
    Sorry, I've found a good Thought for the Day to go with my last post.

To the world you are just one more rescue person.
    To the rescued pet, you are the world.
    • juliettet
    • By juliettet 12th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 568 Posts
    • 3,163 Thanks
    juliettet
    That is the loveliest thing I have read on here Monna.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 12th Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    • 3,195 Posts
    • 50,960 Thanks
    silvasava
    Ditto - our pets always have a piece of our hearts xx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

290Posts Today

2,033Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin