Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,198Posts
    • 29,317Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - £555.59
Page 80
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 9th Oct 17, 5:33 PM
    • 14,175 Posts
    • 132,369 Thanks
    mardatha
    I've cracked it! I'm wearing a headtorch The RV says I look demented as all hell but I can't see me so I don't care!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 9th Oct 17, 6:05 PM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 52,356 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Brilliant, mar
    • MMF007
    • By MMF007 9th Oct 17, 9:55 PM
    • 1,043 Posts
    • 23,396 Thanks
    MMF007
    Oh indeed, Monnagran, 'an emergency' requiring chocolate can occur at any time
    I don't eat it every time I am in the car mind you, but it acts as a sort of comfort blanket, just knowing it is in the glove box if I do need it

I love the tip from Elona about putting dark sewing on a white fabric, thank you!

Fuddle, are you feeling any better?
    Burtha, how are you doing?
    NM, how are your hips? (Does that sound impertinent taken out of context??)
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance.
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 9th Oct 17, 10:36 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 24,005 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    MMF007 Getting better but I still have the waddle of someone with arthritic hips. It is never going to get better completely but I managed to get out yesterday and do some shopping.

Time for bed as zebedy said. Good night all.
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 10th Oct 17, 5:46 AM
    • 3,590 Posts
    • 41,835 Thanks
    camelot1001
    How can you drive along knowing there's a bar of chocolate calling to you MMF? Sadly I would have to buy a bar every day if that were me!

Hope you're feeling better fuddle.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 10th Oct 17, 5:55 AM
    • 3,257 Posts
    • 38,957 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    I have the same attitude to chocolate, alcohol and crisps.
    If I feel the need for them then I will have them.
    This means I drink alcohol once every couple of months, I eat crisps about twice a year and I would eat chocolate all day every day if I could afford it!
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 10th Oct 17, 10:24 AM
    • 3,294 Posts
    • 52,484 Thanks
    silvasava
    Hi all - back from Hollibobs on Sunday so will spend this week catching up with all you lot have been up to.
    Hugs to all who may need one x
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • babs 103
    • By babs 103 10th Oct 17, 10:35 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    babs 103
    Hi all, money sorted out now, I'm not behind with anything just wanted to have an accurate amount I can spend on food. Will try a delivery every fortnight and get fresh as and when. A few bits indoors sorted but DH is v unwell at the moment, we had a bad night and I had to cancel his COPD checkup today so will spend the day pottering about while he is asleep and try to stay away from the chocolate orange - yes like that will happen!! Hope everyone has a good day x
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 10th Oct 17, 3:13 PM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 52,356 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    OH bought me 2 nice jumpers in M & S yesterday, and then we went across to the food dept. When we got home we realised we didn't have the jumpers, which had been in a carrier bag OH had hung from the hook on the trolley. We went straight back, but no sign of them, and I asked again this morning but no luck, so somebody's obviously had them away! I can only hope they needed them more than me. And at least they weren't cashmere, so it could be worse
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 10th Oct 17, 4:53 PM
    • 3,257 Posts
    • 38,957 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Oh how annoying Ivyleaf.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 10th Oct 17, 5:48 PM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 52,356 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    It is, but can't be helped. I might buy them again online, as i still have a voucher DD2 gave me for Mother's Day which I keep forgetting to use, so i could put that towards them

silvasava i hope you had a great holiday

monnagran I do enjoy your "Thoughts for the day"! Thank you.
    • chickens11
    • By chickens11 10th Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 2,695 Thanks
    chickens11
    Hello...
    Hello all , long time since I last logged on , so lovely to see all the familiar names on here and I hope your all very well........Im doing very well , still managed to keep the 5 stone that I lost off , so im well happy about that ...

.My OH is still in his nursing home doing very well and enjoying every minute of it .......Im always busy doing something , 60 hens to look after still and the dog and garden , and not forgetting part time work and the house to look after so it all keeps me busy............Im 60 this November 13 th so im going to Lanzarote for a weeks break with a friend , im so looking forward to that .........I will try to read back on some posts to update myself abit on our you are all doing .....Nice to pop in and post ......
    My motto is " one life live it ".....
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 10th Oct 17, 7:19 PM
    • 5,948 Posts
    • 89,793 Thanks
    fuddle
    Oh indeed, Monnagran, 'an emergency' requiring chocolate can occur at any time
    I don't eat it every time I am in the car mind you, but it acts as a sort of comfort blanket, just knowing it is in the glove box if I do need it

I love the tip from Elona about putting dark sewing on a white fabric, thank you!

Fuddle, are you feeling any better?
    Burtha, how are you doing?
    NM, how are your hips? (Does that sound impertinent taken out of context??)
    Originally posted by MMF007
    I spent 4 days in hospital MMF. I didn't contract pneumonia this time but bronchitis was aggressive enough to cause concern because they have found I have a heart impairment. I had fluid round my heart and in my lungs from that and that has been there, undiagnosed, from at least last year. It was on the echo I had last year but not followed up as it's only minor apparently. I'm being looked after and soon to have contact with the community heart nurses for education and support. Obviously I'm worried but I'm also hopeful that we're getting to the bottom of all this mess and can get stronger again.

I'm taking recovery slowly and being a good girl.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 10th Oct 17, 7:20 PM
    • 3,257 Posts
    • 38,957 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Hi it's so nice to see you. Chickens.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 10th Oct 17, 7:35 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 24,005 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    nice to see you Shelah . I don't know how you manage 60 chickens. It was enough when we had six. Mum used to be chasing them all over the estate every time the dog next door got in. He was very clever at sneaking in between my mums legs when she went to feed them.

Hope you are well Shelah.

What ever the cause fuddle thank God they found it. I am sure you will be well looked after and soon learn what you can and can't do. All the best for sorting it out.
    Last edited by nursemaggie; 10-10-2017 at 9:58 PM.
    • elona
    • By elona 10th Oct 17, 7:46 PM
    • 11,311 Posts
    • 60,617 Thanks
    elona
    chickens

It is lovely to see you.

fuddle

Rotten that you have been through so much.
    At least you are now getting some answers and have someone taking you seriously so fingers and toes crossed for you.

ivyleaf

I really hope that if you use your vouchers the items you want are on sale and you find something you love.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
    • MMF007
    • By MMF007 10th Oct 17, 9:24 PM
    • 1,043 Posts
    • 23,396 Thanks
    MMF007
    chickens, nice to 'meet' you
    Fuddle, wow, glad the medics are getting to the bottom of it. Keep your chin up (0)
    Ivyleaf, that's mean of the 'finder'. I hope the garments don't fit them

I spent a lovely couple of hours nattering to a dear friend this morning. This afto I did some tidying and tried to decide what to make for tea. I pulled some sausagemeat with almonds and apricots from the freezer (YS bought a while ago), some prunes from cupboard and a pack of smoked bacon from the fridge that was about to go out of date. Wrapped pieces of stuffing and a prune in each bacon rasher and cooked in the oven, served with a large salad. It was very tasty and low carb!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 10th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 3,199 Posts
    • 40,254 Thanks
    monnagran
    Ivyleaf: That was a really rotten thing to happen. What a shame that someone wasn't honest enough to hand the bag in. I hope that whoever it was gets a guilty pang whenever she wears one of your jumpers. And I hope they don't suit her.

Hope you had a good time Silvasava. Is that a sun tan I see, or is it rust?

Nice to see you back chickens.

I'm glad that the doctors are taking you seriously Fuddle. Someone's got to.

Are you demob happy Hester? What is it now? 8 working days?

I've had a busy day today. Scrubbed the downstairs cloakroom to within an inch of its life. Attacked some horrid looking stains on the carpets in the children's bedrooms. Brushed the dog hairs of the suede leather sofas. Washed out the wheelie bins. Oh the glamour of it!
    Tomorrow the bathroom is in for a shock.

[B]THOUGHT FOR TODAY[B]

The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 11th Oct 17, 8:39 AM
    • 11,177 Posts
    • 154,025 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Well that's a very welcome name to see pop in to say hello! Hi SHEILA lovely to hear you're both doing so well, I often wonder how you're getting on. Have you still got your little dog? Beau I think he is. We still haven't been able to replace Docky, daft or what? but I still expect him to come bouncing down the hall when I get home, we are still walking Cookie twice daily and Have Maisie for at least one walk and to stay the evening once a week (twice this week as we're having her tomorrow afternoon too, lovely!). I'm hoping that when we achieve the house move to be nearer to the girls we might be able to think of another doggie pal in the new setting, we'll see. Enjoy Lanzarote and HAPPY BIRTHDAY for the 13th November xxx.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 11th Oct 17, 10:17 AM
    • 4,997 Posts
    • 52,356 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Sheila how lovely to "see" you! Blimey, 60 chickens sounds A LOT. Glad to hear you're well and that your lovely OH is doing fine xx

Fuddle thinking of you xx

burtha And you! xx

Thank you for the kind wishes about the lost jumpers. I just have this really annoying niggly feeling that they are still in the store somewhere! Just wishful thinking.
    When I went to Customer services yesterday to ask if they'd turned up, the elderly lady in front of me in the queue had brought back two big bags-for-life crammed full of Sale items she'd bought in 3 different branches. She did have the receipts, but the poor assistant had her work cut out, looking for the number on each label and then tracking it down to the right receipt. The customer did decide along the way that she would keep one item after all, but they were all hideous.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,809Posts Today

6,055Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin