Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,284Posts
    • 30,145Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - £449.60
Page 203
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 13th Feb 18, 5:49 PM
    • 444 Posts
    • 5,469 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    Oh fuds, what a pain I've done the same thing myself - not arriving a month early, but confidently turning up at a clinic for a 2.30 appointment only to be told that I was meant to have been there the previous day.
    Is the thoracic appointment definitely tomorrow, or is that for March as well?

MadamMim Sending best wishes to your friend for a speedy and uneventful recovery from her op x
    Originally posted by ivyleaf
    I've done it not just for myself but also with my mothers apts.. I now have pretty colours in my diary to cover the correct human (& apt) in an effort not to repeat the whoops too often!

Thanks for your kind words.. Bestie is out of surgery and on her way to a 10 day stay in HDU before 10/14 days on a ward! Fingers crossed she'll be drip fed/syringe driven meds so that'll be a relief (in more ways than one!) & I'm also hoping the amount of her meds will finally get reduced! Still waiting to hear how the actual surgery went.. Fingers crossed please, If successful she can be put in for her triple heart bypass!
    Living life happily! Debt Free date: 2018!!!
    Jan 18 GC:£249.95/£350... Feb 18 GC: £263.25/£300
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 13th Feb 18, 5:51 PM
    • 14,489 Posts
    • 136,474 Thanks
    mardatha
    The good thing there Fuds, is that by the time you do get to the consultant you'll be too ratty/tired/past caring to get in a state and everything will go smoothly! And if it's that far away then its nowt urgent xx
    I had a meltdown yesterday and that does not happen often
    Right after nearly bloody dying from lack of cortisol, I got a letter from my heifer of a consultant saying she wanted to try to cut my dose right to the bone to wean me off my steroids "to see if my adrenals have any reserve". I hit the roof then bounced off all the walls then phoned my gp in an utter state. Considering that I got home on Fri teatime and still cannot even walk further than the bedroom, I'm not in any fit state to be experimented on.
    GP was brilliant, said to disregard her letter, to carry on with my normal dose, to take a month to get better, and then if I wanted to, to reduce my dose by a tiny margin once a month. And if at any time I felt ill then to stop and forget reducing any further. I could have cuddled the man - and I don't even like him
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 13th Feb 18, 5:54 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 55,693 Thanks
    silvasava
    Well I've just fed DH a mountain of pancakes - he said he feels like the cat who got the cream lol. Penny has just dropped that it's Lent doh! Hmmm can I give up my two ginger biddies with my cuppa in the morning?? It's the only two biscuits I eat - honest M'lud. Maybe I can find something other than food - Mar can have my Jelly Babies - there! Done!!!

Biccies you silly tablet!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 13th Feb 18, 6:44 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 25,676 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    The trouble with these tablets is they don't speak English they speak American.

If you can change the English to British English you may solve the problem.

mar, your consultants letter has probably been in the post for at least a week.
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 13th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 14,489 Posts
    • 136,474 Thanks
    mardatha
    NM, I've been on steroids for 18 months, I don't know why that heifer is doing this now or what she thinks it will prove. Anyway I'm not having it.
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 13th Feb 18, 7:00 PM
    • 6,149 Posts
    • 93,566 Thanks
    fuddle
    I turned the heating up, had a tin of Moroccan soup and went to bed and slept the day through. We're having an Indian takeaway. A right useless pampered princess but I'll get my head out of my bottom and get on with things tomorrow. Bigjenny I checked, tomorrow is definitely lung day

Mar here here for common sense. I suppose Heifer was responding to your call about the BP but her timing has not just touched a nerve, it's rub salt in a wound!

Madammim your friend is going through something unimaginable and puts everything into perspective and then some. I wish for a recovery that is paced and manageable.
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 13th Feb 18, 7:04 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 25,676 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Don't blame you mar but thought if it had been in the post for a week she would not know you had been in Hospital. It is obvious there is no residual hormones in your adrenal glands they have packed in all together.

You have the right to say no.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 13th Feb 18, 8:49 PM
    • 3,433 Posts
    • 44,110 Thanks
    monnagran
    Fudsy I've done the same thing too often to admit to.
    I thi nk the most memorable was when I was having a comfy evening at home, had an early shower, hair in curlers, feet up watching TV in a chaotic sitting room. Ring on the doorbell and there were two people that my ex really wanted to impress. They were dressed to the nines and smiling expectantly.

I'd completely got the date wrong and was certainly not ready for guests who were in line for a posh dinner. I took my curlers out, threw toys under cushions and sent ex out for fish and chips. We had a hilarious evening, much nicer than a formal dinner. They became great friends.
    I don't think ex ever forgave me.

But doctors, dentists, hairdressers, wrong day, wrong week, wrong month, you name it .I've done it.

I'm typing this round the notice that says "Please connect your charger."
    Charger has been connected for about 4 hours.
    Tablet says that it is charging.
    It tells lies.

Signing off while the goings good.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 13th Feb 18, 9:28 PM
    • 14,489 Posts
    • 136,474 Thanks
    mardatha
    Fuds,I've been advised she should be leaving the steroids alone and they should be treating the BP separately. Anyhow- sorry to drone on about me, I stopped now lol and am watching "Shetland". Love the scenery and the feel of the place.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 13th Feb 18, 10:15 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 55,693 Thanks
    silvasava
    Mar - watched all the previous series of Shetland -missed that a new series was starting and only found out at 9.30 very relieved to find I did a series link and the magic box has recorded it.
    Do hope you feel better soon - keep taking the tablets!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 13th Feb 18, 10:32 PM
    • 14,489 Posts
    • 136,474 Thanks
    mardatha
    Will do! I would love to see Shetland some day, always been fascinated by the islands. Everybody else went to Ibiza and I wanted to go to Shetland lol they all thought I was mad. I love the open, clean country and the no trees.
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 13th Feb 18, 10:42 PM
    • 6,149 Posts
    • 93,566 Thanks
    fuddle
    EIf your body isn't producing the roids then your body needs the roids. As horrible and, let's not forget, life threatening, your antics were last week at least it gave the quick answer that you need 'em and without 'em you do the whole sliding on the floor thing. I expect you spoke to some people in the know in the hospital and gave you a bit of power in your elbow to guide the others into the thinking that they can be two separate issues. Seems funny to have a GP going 'it works out average, not a problem' and a consultant that wants to take you of your roids. Where's the happy medium (ha, see what I did there? ) in going forward with treatment.

Ah you fascinate me mar.

Shetland is recording for tomorrow. Series 1 was grand so looking forward to relaxing with my knitting tomorrow night. Psst we're going to the Outer Hebrides for our summer hols and i have never been as excited as I am about any hol.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 13th Feb 18, 10:44 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 55,693 Thanks
    silvasava
    Mar - one day I'll get to Scotland. My grandmother came from Glasgow and left as a teenager. There are so many places on my list!! Shetland and the islands etc etc etc!
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 14th Feb 18, 1:41 AM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 25,676 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    It has started again!! clicked the link for the fence and got the message
    " Your password is 5days old it has expired" at this rate next time it will expire before I have chosen another one. Even the fence had disappeared but only on the new format. I cannot cope with the new format it is just too bright.

I'm blaming your tablet monna
    Last edited by nursemaggie; 14-02-2018 at 9:03 AM.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 14th Feb 18, 6:16 AM
    • 3,433 Posts
    • 44,110 Thanks
    monnagran
    You could be right nm. I wrote a post last night, it must have been just before yours, got the same message, tried to sort out password, New one - invalid, old one - invalid, the one that they had just given me - invalid. By which time I had used up my 5 attempts and would have to wait 15 minutes.
    Gave up and went back to sleep.

This morning I find a prissy little note from MSE warning me that someone had tried to hack into my account but been unsuccessful.

IT WAS ME, YOU IDIOTS. ME.

Life is going to be fun if we have to change our passwords every 5 days. And then fight our way back to our beloved green format.

I'll come back when I've simmered down.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 14th Feb 18, 8:16 AM
    • 12,376 Posts
    • 217,539 Thanks
    greenbee
    I suspect if they keep asking us to change password people will give up... and it's not working to keep the spammers out.
    • Cocketts
    • By Cocketts 14th Feb 18, 8:29 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Cocketts
    I've got the blue format - how do I get back to the green?
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 14th Feb 18, 8:35 AM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 25,676 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    It took me an hour last night to sort it. I hope it does not do it again today.

This is not the only website I have had problems with. I have had to change about 6 in the last week. It could be malware. I hope not.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 14th Feb 18, 8:42 AM
    • 11,320 Posts
    • 157,635 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    I got the '5 day' flag up too this morning but I just put in the same password as I changed to 5 days ago and it put me straight back in but on the new format, when I logged in there it brought me straight here to the normal green one. Inconvenient but not difficult to sort out. I suspect there is a technical 'glitch' in the works!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 14th Feb 18, 8:47 AM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 25,676 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Cocketts Just try logging in again. Sorry if this means you have to change your password again. There is definitely a problem with the site. I found somewhere to report it last night. I could not be bothered at that time of night and now I have forgotten where it was.

I got in a mess with my knitting about 9 pm. It took me until 3 am to sort it. Did not know it was that time. I got a shock when DS came through to the kitchen to get his breakfast. That will teach me to look at the pattern. Getting the foundation row right still needs the pattern after knitting the same thing about 20 times.

It said my new password from 5 days before was wrong. That did not work. You were just lucky Mrs LW.

I have reported the problem now and another one I found while searching for where to report problems.
    Last edited by nursemaggie; 14-02-2018 at 9:07 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,319Posts Today

7,735Users online

Martin's Twitter