PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Woo hoo Monna. I hope everything runs smoothly for you. Currently sat at the table singing "We're all going on a summer holiday" :rotfl:
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Excellent news Monna fingers crossed all goes smoothly for you
    Islandmaidhope you are feeling better
    NM fingers crossed for you as well I hope this house fits the brief for you both
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brilliant monna. Here's now wishing you a happy house hunt and the perfect bungalow just right for you.

I had a really long sleep after the last few bad nights. Have tiny holes today and at last no pain and no swelling. Maybe my new tablets will work now and I won't keep nodding off all day.

DS has said nothing about the house yet. I emailed it to him. He only worked until 11.30am today and did not do much while he was there because the system was down. They get the orders straight from the computer she talks to them through headphones.

I am really excited for you monna. :beer::j:T
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant news monnagran :j I was (literally) praying that that lady would put in an offer, because she and her family sounded just right for the house! Now, the right new home for you will be out there somewhere xx

nursemaggie I really hope you get the opportunity to view the house you mentioned xx
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 November 2017 at 5:57PM
    Options
    Thanks for your concern - still not been brill today, but better than yesterday.

This cheered me up - we adopted a mummy and daughter cat that had not had a good start in life and were (and sometimes still are) terrified of everything - 18 months on I think, they are settled and happy flaked out in front of the wood burner :D

FA3_F593_B-_D7_AA-4_B1_E-9191-18507560_EE7_C.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Woop, woop Monna!
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Fantastic news monna I will keep everything crossed for you
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    I've had an offer on my house. Hallelujah! The viewer who came on Saturday put in an offer and wrote a lovely message saying that the house had the nicest atmosphere of any that she had seen.

I am trying very hard not to get too excited because I know that there is many a slip, but inside I am fizzing. She also has 3 young children and I am so happy that they will be able to grow up on this lovely island with the beach on their doorstep.

Now I can start looking at bungalows, so Karcher, you can start packing. Well perhaps not for a day or two, nothing will happen this side of Christmas.

Sorry to be so self-centred today, I'll come back when I am calmer.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

All things come to he (or she) who waits.

Fantastic news Monna :T:j.

I have everything crossed things go smoothly for you :) xx

ETA: I'm already packed ;)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Monna, I hope things go your way. :j
    On a selfish note, in your new bungalow could you get a reasonable size garden please ? I'm only asking as I wouldn't want to put you out by staying at your B&B. Have own caravan, will travel and could pitch on your lawn :D. Plus I could accommodate a few " fencers " in the awning. I could even provide a "hot breakfast " if wanted :rotfl::rotfl:.
    Hope all the poorlies are feeling better today too.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    We have an appointment to see the house on Friday morning. I have looked all around the area guess what is about 10 minutes walk away, a Farmshop. Not a big one it sells milk eggs and fruit and veg. That will do me.

DS said "Collin will give me a lift home. When it's raining shall I say I'll give you £1 to turn right" Colin turns left to get home.

He will only have to cross the bridge and pass three houses. He can walk to work until he gets his bike.

monna there are some lovely bungalows just opposite the farm. They are pre-war with covered porches along the front. Shall I send you one, you can put it in the village you live in now?

Glad you are feeling a little better Islandmaid , The cats do look comfy there.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback