Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,284Posts
    • 30,141Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - £449.60
Page 201
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 12th Feb 18, 8:34 PM
    • 3,422 Posts
    • 43,769 Thanks
    monnagran
    Fuddle, stop thinking. No good ever came from thinking. It's big girls' pants time.

You don't have to think and worry and stress, you just have to put on your blinkers and DO IT.

If you had been born 100 years ago all these reassuring tests wouldn't have existed and you would have written off years ago.

Aren't you the lucky one to have been born in these modern days?

Whatever, you know full well that we will get you through this. Drag you by the hair if necessary.
    When you feel scared and alone just think of us all clustered round you, cheering you on. It may help, it may make you feel worse, it may reduce you to helpless giggles.

Attagirl!
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • maryb
    • By maryb 12th Feb 18, 8:45 PM
    • 3,568 Posts
    • 43,234 Thanks
    maryb
    Fuddle although we only know each other online, I know you well enough to know that you will face the future clear eyed, with courage and dignity. And with all our heartfelt best wishes going along with you
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 12th Feb 18, 9:01 PM
    • 9,018 Posts
    • 56,509 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Fuddle. You can overthink these things. Understandably, as you have been backwards and forwards between doctors and hospitals many times over the past couple of years. If your dad had a cardiac condition then you will also be thinking about genetics. The thing is, whatever it is, it is, and the good thing is, whatever you hear tomorrow, at least then (we hope) you will have some answers and will be able to manage and deal with the issue. For now, stop planning your funeral. There is every reason why you should live to a ripe old age, even if it means taking tablets. You are already doing so many right things - avoiding smoking, avoiding excessive booze, avoiding illegal drugs, eating as healthily as possible, getting exercise, making your home a place of calm and tranquillity.
    Come on my old Durham marrer (have I spelt that right?), que sera sera and all that cobblers. Whatever it is, it is and you can handle it,
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 12th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    • 6,133 Posts
    • 93,302 Thanks
    fuddle
    marra nargle. That and the rest of you lovely people made me smile. Call off the violins! I hear you and I am fine. A marra is what a miner would call a friend but only a friend who was trustworthy and worthy of that accolade.

My dad fought cancer nargle. Started in his kidney, had that removed but it spread and he died of a brain tumor. I never shared that in all these years. It isn't hereditary so yes monna, stop bliddy thinking. My mam had a heart murmur and nearly packed in when in ITU in 2015 with the drink but ultimately it was a duodenal ulcer that took her, along with the cirrhotic liver. So no, nothing is the same. I've just had a bit of dodgy time health wise and a couple of things have been flagged up that's all.

Bless you all. I know, the woe me look is never very attractive. Deary me. I just spiralled a little bit there.
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 12th Feb 18, 9:17 PM
    • 9,018 Posts
    • 56,509 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    No, you sent out a request for help and got it back by the bucketload from the Garden Fence Musketeers.
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 12th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    • 6,133 Posts
    • 93,302 Thanks
    fuddle
    fuddle, my thoughts will be with you tomorrow, my DH had his first triple bypass at age 39, he has now been told he needs a double bypass but at 57 has been told he is too young to have it done. With medication, a fairly good diet (if I can keep him away from the custard tarts!) and gental exercise he is doing well .

The reason I'm saying this is to show that it is better to know than not, if he hadn't been tested when he was the same age he lost his Father, we would never had known and our life would have been so so different.

I hope this helps you a little, please forgive me if it dosen't but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you tomorrow. x
    Originally posted by babs 103
    Thank you for sharing babs. It does help. It is better to know. You have yourself a very determined man there. If your man can do it under such awful circumstances then I can do it with something not so serious at all. Thank you.
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 12th Feb 18, 9:39 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 25,399 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Nothing to worry about fuddle what ever your diagnosed with chances are if we can't cure it yet we can keep you going until we can. Medicine is advancing all the time. You will suddenly find there is an appointment when you need one. Will be thinking of you.
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 12th Feb 18, 11:20 PM
    • 5,009 Posts
    • 73,692 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Fuddle, as Hesters sig says "chin up, titus out"... We all need scaffold occasionally, me yesterday and you today... Think what YOU'D have said to me or anyone who posted for help. Isn't that what the thread is for? It's definitely better to know...

Actually, doesn't Monna's sig just say it all (well except we are not that quiet )
    Last edited by VJsmum; 12-02-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 13th Feb 18, 12:38 AM
    • 15,582 Posts
    • 131,498 Thanks
    JackieO
    My late lovely Mum was told I wouldn't survive to go to school ,well over 7 decades later I am still alive and kicking and good job my Mum said 'Nonsence, the lassie will be fine I will make sure of that

You have us all rooting for you honey, and as monna said its big girl pants time so show the Drs you will be strong as you have an army of people behind you cheering you on

Onwards and upwards honey

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    2018 Food spend so far this year
    Jan; £29.22. Feb: £12.44 today plus £18.05 =£30.49
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 13th Feb 18, 2:13 AM
    • 599 Posts
    • 7,772 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Fuddle I have just caught up with the thread and I wanted to give you my support too.
    My DH was diagnosed with incurable cancer which knocked us sideways for a while, but we are treating each day as a bonus and just getting on with living. So no matter what the outcome you will take anything that is thrown at you, in your stride. You are a very strong person with a loving family and a great bunch of supporters on here, who will be with you whenever the need arises. Take care and please have a big hug from me.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 13th Feb 18, 6:39 AM
    • 3,422 Posts
    • 43,769 Thanks
    monnagran
    So, Fuddle. Here we are, all ready to march to the cardiologist with you. In moments of extreme anxiety just conjure up the image of the great Fencers army clustered round you, all booted and chain-mail suited, rolling pins and sharpened knitting needles hidden up their sleeves and the elephant tethered in the car park.
    All ready and more than willing to protect their dearest friend Fuddle.

I have woken up to gales and torrential rain hurling itself against the windows. According to the weather forecast this rain is falling as white stuff up country.
    So, for the benefit of our friends north of the border I offer this..

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

See, amid the winter's snow
    Lots of cars that just won't go;
    It is not the driver's fault -
    Councils have run out of salt.
    Here we sit the whole night long.
    Where have all the snowploughs gone?
    If we'd known we'd be delayed
    We'd perhaps have brought a spade. (Nigel Beeton)

(If the snow goes on you might get another verse later)
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 13th Feb 18, 6:44 AM
    • 2,370 Posts
    • 35,845 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Fuds Just popping in before work to say good luck today x

Off to braves the gales..... which reminds me, I must check my lottery numbers, I may not have to bother tomorrow
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

February GC £250.00/ 218.00
    • babs 103
    • By babs 103 13th Feb 18, 7:18 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    babs 103
    I hope the Doctors has a hugemungus room fuds. because we are all with you today xx
    SPC #11 025
    • silver-oldie
    • By silver-oldie 13th Feb 18, 7:48 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 3,805 Thanks
    silver-oldie
    Don't post on here very often but wanted to say good luck Fuddle
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 13th Feb 18, 7:50 AM
    • 6,133 Posts
    • 93,302 Thanks
    fuddle
    My chin is up, my Titus is snuggled in my dressing gown and I have a coffee in my hand. At least I can sit on my own wall while I await the bus.

See you later friends... and thank you.
    • Cocketts
    • By Cocketts 13th Feb 18, 8:20 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    Cocketts
    Just popping in to say that I, and the entire Fence, will be with you today Fuds!
    Lili x
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 13th Feb 18, 8:38 AM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 43,413 Thanks
    camelot1001
    Another one with you today fuddle. Half the battle is you helping yourself with a healthy diet and lots of love.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 13th Feb 18, 8:43 AM
    • 11,307 Posts
    • 157,461 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Hey FUDDLEY ONE, IF and only IF there are problems you're alive in the best and most medically advanced times to have them dealt with, fixed if it's possible and managed if it isn't. New medications and methods of treatment are being developed all the time and medical knowledge goes forwards in leaps and bounds because of the research that is constantly being done. We'll be with you lovey and you'll be fine and better to deal with a problem and know what you're up against than sit at home and worry about what might be eh? xxx.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 13th Feb 18, 8:47 AM
    • 9,018 Posts
    • 56,509 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    I hope the Doctors has a hugemungus room fuds. because we are all with you today xx
    Originally posted by babs 103
    Not to mention the elephant.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 13th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 3,411 Posts
    • 41,506 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Thinking of you today Fuddle.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

448Posts Today

4,980Users online

Martin's Twitter