Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 3,287Posts
    • 30,153Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 8:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    V3ry - £419.60
Page 196
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 9th Feb 18, 11:20 AM
    • 3,433 Posts
    • 44,111 Thanks
    monnagran
    Just look at that. Polly jumps in with more suggestions about the mysterious initials.
    I like mine better.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 9th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    • 2,378 Posts
    • 35,995 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    SNOW - WE HAVE SNOW

Sorry - very rare here.... Iíll go back to sleep now x

PS I am reading - hugs to those that need them x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

February GC £250.00/ 358.00
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 9th Feb 18, 12:22 PM
    • 3,433 Posts
    • 44,111 Thanks
    monnagran
    SNOW - WE HAVE SNOW

Sorry - very rare here.... Iíll go back to sleep now x

PS I am reading - hugs to those that need them x
    Originally posted by Islandmaid

WHERE, WHERE? It's not fair! We've not a flake over our side.
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 9th Feb 18, 12:24 PM
    • 12,376 Posts
    • 217,542 Thanks
    greenbee
    Did you have the 5 minutes we had Islandmaid? or enough to make an impact on the rain?
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 9th Feb 18, 12:34 PM
    • 2,378 Posts
    • 35,995 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Call off the snow plough - I got over excited and the flurry turned to rain .3 of a second after I pressed post.....

Currently bright blue sky
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

February GC £250.00/ 358.00
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 9th Feb 18, 1:38 PM
    • 3,433 Posts
    • 44,111 Thanks
    monnagran
    Phew!

I was just about clip the snow fairy's wings. I was obviously not looking out of the window at the precise second the precious flake fluttered to earth.

You are forgiven.
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 9th Feb 18, 1:56 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 25,680 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Hi fuddle Never mind what all the letters mean it's what they are for that counts. If you watch Casualty you will hear the doctors ask for them for every patient.

The are the standard tests they ask for. We all have them done every year.
    They have tested your kidney function, your liver function, they iron in your blood, and your blood glucose. They are the cheapest and easiest to do. They pick up diabetes often, anaemia and a few other things we may have that often don't show. Any problems they do the more expensive specific tests. If you are seeing a doctor at a clinic you will have these regularly. Nothing to worry about.

Just one needle and 3 little bottles from the one. It is not as much as lit looks. I have these every six weeks. They get the results in less than an hour but I expect at your GPs they send them to the hospital to do the tests.

I have been to see the Macmillan lady she is filling it all in and they will contact my doctor or the hospital. She says she can see no reason why I should not get it and I will be £83 a week better off and I will come in for more benefits.

Monna we had your weather yesterday it is bight sunshine today.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 9th Feb 18, 2:03 PM
    • 4,302 Posts
    • 37,306 Thanks
    Floss
    NM hopefully you will be able to pop out to Malta with your extra £s
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 9th Feb 18, 2:15 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 25,680 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Wont need to Floss They are coming home in June if SiL can get the same job in a British University. They are looking at North of England and Scotland so plenty to chose from.

I'm hoping they will get somewhere near by like Manchester, 2 of, Salford, Liverpool, Leeds, York, There are lots.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 9th Feb 18, 5:31 PM
    • 5,160 Posts
    • 54,508 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Wont need to Floss They are coming home in June if SiL can get the same job in a British University. They are looking at North of England and Scotland so plenty to chose from.

I'm hoping they will get somewhere near by like Manchester, 2 of, Salford, Liverpool, Leeds, York, There are lots.
    Originally posted by nursemaggie
    How lovely nm! They will find it rather chilly back here I expect, after so long in Malta.
    • Charis
    • By Charis 9th Feb 18, 6:49 PM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 13,390 Thanks
    Charis
    Phew, just got locked out of the forum with this message:

'Your password is 4166 days old, and has therefore expired.
    Please change your password using this page."

I couldn't make it believe my old password. Once you are locked out you can't even rejoin. Luckily it accepted my password from the keychain (Apple) and I managed to get in again.

I never realised how much I would miss the four threads I read.
    Last edited by Charis; 09-02-2018 at 7:00 PM.
    • ArthriticOldThing
    • By ArthriticOldThing 9th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 7,322 Thanks
    ArthriticOldThing
    I got locked out as well with similar message and had to change my password twice before it would let me back in.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 9th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    • 4,302 Posts
    • 37,306 Thanks
    Floss
    Me too - probably another anti-spambot thing.

NM there is UCLAN at Preston too.

Just been making & decorating a cake for a friends birthday party tomorrow, have now got red & black food paste all over my fingers & nails...not a good look with a party frock!
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 9th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 25,680 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    I got the same message but with a lot more days.

I think there is something wrong as I had to login again to reply. I thought I would get locked out because when you are not expecting it you are not ready with a new password. Then I had to find a pen to write the new one down. I hope it will let me back into the old format as the new one is too bright. It also tends to show me posts from over a year ago.
    • babs 103
    • By babs 103 9th Feb 18, 7:33 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 542 Thanks
    babs 103
    I was a bit wary about doing a new password as foxy was saying it wasn't secure, I notice there is no padlock on the address bar but am not sure if it has ever been there.
    SPC #11 025
    • mardatha
    • By mardatha 9th Feb 18, 8:01 PM
    • 14,489 Posts
    • 136,479 Thanks
    mardatha
    Missed loads of posts in all my fav threads. Been in hospital with an adrenal crisis, just got home teatime and still feeling wobbly. All due to that bl00dy infusion I had for osteoporosis on Wed. If you get offered it then think hard!
    Woke with absolutely hellish back pain and shaking so much I couldn't stop it. Tried to go and make a HWB and slid to the floor, couldn't get up. The RV called ambulance and they took my BP then plonked me into a chair and asked if we wanted to go up the road (Edinburgh Royal) or down the road (Borders General Slaughterhouse) We both yelled EDINBURGH
    Ended up in resuss and injected full of steroids. Phew. Spent a nice day and night in there. Got home tonight teatime but def don't feel much like myself yet.
    Oh and the first thing the RV said to me when he collected me was how much less elect he had used when I wasn't in the house
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 9th Feb 18, 8:05 PM
    • 6,149 Posts
    • 93,570 Thanks
    fuddle
    Mar! Ruddy Nora woman. We had no idea. I hate that it happened to you. Swift action by everyone but only because it was dire. Oh I am angry Mar. I hope RV is ok too. That must have been a bit of a shock for him. Us women can cope but I do worry about the men folk. Oh mar. Behave. Be well x
    • Floss
    • By Floss 9th Feb 18, 8:59 PM
    • 4,302 Posts
    • 37,306 Thanks
    Floss
    Mar had ypu reduced your steroid doseage by then?
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 9th Feb 18, 9:09 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 25,680 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    Are you sure it was not cutting the steroids mar? Here was I thinking the infusion would be for me. Anyway it was not necessary as my osteoporosis has improved.

I finally got the prescription filled that I have had in my pocket since the 15 January, today. Just vit D.

Have a good rest mar would you like me to send you some books?

DD has only been in Malta a couple of years, before that 4 years Saudi, 4 years, Libya (yes they were caught up in the war),they bought their flat in Malta while in Libya, before that, 3 years in Venezuela, before that DD did two tours in Morocco, and SiL one tour they met there so not sure how long either of them were there.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 9th Feb 18, 9:09 PM
    • 3,433 Posts
    • 44,111 Thanks
    monnagran
    Oh no mar, while we were all changing passwords you were entertaining medics. Don't do this to us! We are much too old to be given frights like that. You look after yourself, d'you hear? Even better, let the RV look after you. By candlelight if he is getting touchy over electricity.

Every one seems to have expired today. Some are being put back on the new format, to their annoyance.
    Like everyone else I was told that my present password was invalid - well, I suppose it would be if we had expired. I just hope I will be able to remember new one.

There is something going on at the top. We've had disappearing threads, apostrophes being replaced by strings of numbers and now all the passwords expiring on the same day. What next?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,816Posts Today

7,091Users online

Martin's Twitter