Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 3,132Posts
    • 35,353Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3
    • 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 18th Jul 17 at 11:34 AM
    Ok I'm diving in as I've noticed several of us have lost posts we thought had posted, and there now seems to be a serious risk of losing the whole thread. So thanks for the heads up Karcher. (and i sympathise Frith - i too like to nip back)

I've revisited the first thread of our part 2, posted 28th October 2009. It said:
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
    Originally posted by thriftlady
    Part 2 went on considerably longer so many many more pleasures. And of course life stories shared, support given, tears of sorrow and joy shed. Part 2 I shall miss you, but here's to part 3.
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 18-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Page 89
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 10th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 4,745 Posts
    • 28,776 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    The Lion has left Rehab
    5 Still slight bit of sniffulus this weak, so no getting beach ready until FryDay. Though as I am beach ready already, not a problem! More later! Talking of FryDay, as BoP is currently reading about the start of the Great War. The one where Great Granddad was spat at because he was Prussian! That would be 1812, a quarter past six and all that. Just then the radio crackled this morning! I moved on laughing as the so called expert expressed they were the greater good, when they had not!

4 Meanwhile inn BoP land, last night listened to Rich Eisen. On some tube channel. Was talking to Colin Quinn and others. Very good talk and none of the carpology one gets from the TV Tax people!

3 Got the colour chart from the paint dog for doing the dining room and spare bedroom. Just need the carpet down in main bed first. It would had been done last year, but BoP was touring!

2 Tonight big night for gunners, so will be glued in. PM2DD The gaffer at the Theatre of Fish has backing!

Take care not to splutter the bad coffee while sneering that the notepad has been taken away. I wont cry when my book is taken away. Iíll miss my neighbour when he goes missing?
    Every fairy story always ends the same way
    Hope, then tragedy at the end of the world!
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 10th Jan 18, 3:53 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 1,893 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Happy Aniversary house elf
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 10th Jan 18, 6:18 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 1,893 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Well, yesterday was fab

1. Wanted to go walking but did our homework and pre booked the parking. The only two hour slot we could get began at 9 o'clock so we had to get up early to get there. But wow, the early morning light was fab and we had the walk to ourselves for the most part. Stunning views.
    2. Then drove to the west coast for coffee in the warm sunshine. Lovely
    3. Then drove up up up and found a fab restaurant for lunch overlooking the sea. Lovely grilled squid was consumed
    4. Then we drove up up up some more to the highest point. We were way above the clouds and could see Tenerife and La Gomera. It was stunning and not that cold. Beautiful drive down too
    5. Ate tea on the terrace. To a cacophony of frog chorus and crickets.n leftover spaghetti Bol (small portion each) with bread and meat and cheese. And wine...

Perfect day
    Originally posted by VJsmum
    Ooh VJsmum, I am sooo jealous! Apart from the squid it would have been a perfect day for me too. Mind you, your post is my number 1 pleasure for today! Your description is so vivid I almost felt like I was there & although I donít know what you look like I could practically see your happiness

2. Watching the squirrels demolishing the contents of the squirrel feeder in twenty minutes flat!

3. Phone call from DSis - she has received her 2nd parcel & was really happy that the 2 Boxes of Turkish Delight were hers & she doesnít have to share with her son

4. Received my Bird Watch Pack from RSPB

5. Fish & Chips for dinner.

See you all tomorrow.

MrsSD
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 10th Jan 18, 6:36 PM
    • 11,132 Posts
    • 155,062 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) This morning we decided (finally) to change our old (and I really do mean OLD) microwave as setting times was getting very random with the button going backwards and forwards and the timer having hiccups! We now have a beautiful Fire Engine Red one that is only a microwave (no fiddly bits) and I LOVE IT!!!

2) Having bitten the bullet on the microwave we now have a new kettle too, very clever one that has clear glass to heat the water in so I can see exactly just how much water needs to go in for 1 mug of tea, fab!!!

3) Visit to the city on the bus and I hit a rich seam of sales in various places and got some nice things for family birthdays and even for Easter (stickers for the Zebra to make Easter cards).

4) Made an earlier bus home than I was aiming at , just, as He Who Knows rang me to remind me that the next one was the school bus and not a place I'd be happy! He even came to collect me from the local centre as the bus doesn't come into the village, above and beyond bless him.

5) I have my canine pal Maisie coming for most of the day tomorrow which will be really nice and I'll have a doggie walk in the afternoon too YIPPEE!!!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 10th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 2,841 Posts
    • 33,156 Thanks
    mhagster
    Hello. Have just half made my bed! Sheet is still drying off in radiator which matches the quilt set I've put on. Nothing worse than going to bed and it still needs made....ask me how I know...far too many times!

Nice doggy walk first thing. The frosty ground was starting to thaw so a bit squidgy underfoot. Struggling a bit just now as 45 weeks since OH died but more that I'm doing some mental countdown to a year, anyway I stopped in the field I was walking through and did a 5 nice things right now. There was some blue sky, my dog, the birds, the view, I'm alive. It does help kind of ground me to the here and now.

Dentist. I saw the same dentist for many years and even when we were in Australia would still see him when we came back each year ( until 3 years ago) Anyway, his list was now full when we came back so had to see a new one in practice. Well, luckily he was just lovely. And my teeth are just lovely too! And again the weird feeling of not paying a fortune as you leave!

Gave someone my parking ticket which still had 60 minutes left, she was delighted.

Then it was time for hairdressers. Gone back to short. Shorter than I'd thought but it's nice. But it's blooming freezing on my neck!

Bit of a headachey thing going on all day so had a lie down but didn't really snooze.

Tea was chicken wrapped in bacon from freezer. Mash, cauliflower, cabbage, sprouts and carrots.

Niece phoned for a chat and they're coming for tea tomorrow.
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 11th Jan 18, 1:05 PM
    • 8,325 Posts
    • 32,035 Thanks
    ampersand
    1. Reporting live from Cogolin, vide grenier jeudi. Hooray and Salut! More than several old aquaintances renewed, including RCT lady, but no Stade Mayol match samedi. Tant pis. Wonderful this, for now anniversaire'd &. Trouvailles:-)))). Little Meriva already re-stuffed.......

2. Weather all the way down and until this arvo various somewheres btwn biblical+apocalyptic. 'thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening things, Galileo...." & is in top house, power anywhere round here an occasional extra. As for connectivity, exactly as back in Fenny Notspot lands, non-existent, so nul points. Love this sort of real Life. Four dogs, many cats, semi-detached hillside stalkers, frequent breeders.

3. 1st stop, Dennebroeucq, so welcomed. Loss of maman is loss of ancient farm's ancient heartbeat, but continuing.... beautiful butter bought and has survived down to CollobriŤres, where accepted like gold dust.

4. Days are taking own shape, comme il faut. So, y'day became fab-u-leux, no matter how bizarre by others' codes. M and & had brilliant time, all day long, plus lunch@Borello's, trŤs longue(encore comme il faut) more storms, grÍle down chimneys etc., ending suitably ŗ minuit, with a remarkable Rudolf Nureyev thingy on Arte channel.

5. Comme toujours, & is entirely her own sort of happy here.
    #
    Check out the hairy road to and fro. Best done in dark, as glimpse of distant headlights at least ups survival chances. Rte de Gonfaron 7k direction>CollobriŤres, but hairpin left>dir.Chartreuse de la Verne, then 28 snaky km>Cogolin, with moment's pause for twinkling of St Tropez way down below and distant where Med barely glints. & always takes this pic.

Next off to find copies of Aladin + Antiquit!s Brocantes, &'s every ditch jump treat to self, altho' always justifiable on potential earning grounds. "Knowledge is power."

Will catch up read somewhere eventually))). Best wishes and bonne ann!e to all.
    Will not join upended, twisted caravan seen down vertiginous roadside drop a bit after Capelude.
    Last edited by ampersand; 11-01-2018 at 1:19 PM. Reason: Strangle blips, even away from &squat, so will blame the jaffahead loon.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' FranÁois-Marie AROUET

• Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 11th Jan 18, 7:02 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 1,893 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Bonjour tout le monde,

Let me see if I can find 5 os pleasures

1. An empty shelf in one of my double kitchen cupboards. I keep opening it to see the space & have so far (about 4 hrs) resisted the temptation to fill it��

2. Fish finger sandwiches for lunch.

3. Bath emptied of decorating paraphernalia so potential to have a lovely long soak before bed.

4. Bathroom completely cleaned & the only superfluous items binned or recycled.

5. Saw a fox pottering about in neighbours garden - urban foxes are healthy looking specimens and being a ‘townie’ I do love seeing them!

Have a great evening everyone.

MrsSD��
    Last edited by Mrs Salad Dodger; 11-01-2018 at 7:04 PM. Reason: Should be a smiley face
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 11th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    • 11,132 Posts
    • 155,062 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Well, after a famine.....a feast

1) Maisie doggie with us for the day today for the first time since November, lovely to have her and she was such a good girl.

2) Text on He Who Knows phone today from Cookie dogs mum saying she was back with them and if we wanted to could go visit and go walkies.....so we've had 2 canine pals to play with and loved every second of it.

3) We've now got Cookie back permanently and can go back to our routine, HOORAH!!!

4) Cold here this afternoon so sitting beside the stove now it's up to heat is blissful.

5) Knowing we can keep it that way all winter because we have the wood in store beyond price!!!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 11th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    • 2,841 Posts
    • 33,156 Thanks
    mhagster
    What a day!

Started with a foggy dog walk.

Then a foggy drop off at bus stop of a DD1 who is currently in an ice bar in Amsterdam.

Then home to a message from friend , was supposed to pick up her DD after school but she was too unwell for school and ended up here for the day. I made sure it was not a fun day! Saying that she was good and just stayed cosied up on sofa most of day.

Then as she was being dropped off DD2 was waking up with the biggest most pustular tonsils. Managed to get appointment at docs and yet more antibiotics for these blooming tonsils. Referral for removal is in the system. Just need to wait. So she's been ghastly most of day.

Made lentil soup for lunch and a lasagne for dinner
    Friend stayed for tea and niece and great niece came too.

Posted off a job application.

Found a bag of big chocolate buttons in cupboard that our Australian guests had left. Thank you!

DD2 has got a job and starts on Monday ! Well done her and her tonsils
    • Frith
    • By Frith 11th Jan 18, 11:49 PM
    • 4,287 Posts
    • 40,710 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (Thursday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Took smaller to school (he's not really in the mood for it at the moment).

3) Went round the charity shops in both carpet town and canal town and got some tracksuit-ish trousers for me (if I ever make it back to yoga) then found a lovely lambswool jumper for bigger son from Jack Wills! (His favourite). He only ever wears hoodies but this would look smart with a pair of jeans if I can persuade him. £75 new and this was as good as - £4!

4) Got more hen food from the grain merchant then went to feed the hens.

5) Did little bits round the house - washing, cleaned the bathroom and stairs.

6) Had fish and chips for tea.

7) Bigger son chopped some firewood for me.

8) Watched Hunted with the stove lit.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 12th Jan 18, 8:55 AM
    • 1,815 Posts
    • 21,711 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Bit blue at the moment so finding pleasures doubly important.

Driving through back roads to yard and came across group of ramblers, despite the heavy rain they were all smiling and gave me cheery waves as I passed.

Poor pony got upset by farrier visit, she is usually fine but he worked in big barn due to weather, so cuddles until she had calmed down.

Catching up on recorded programmes, this one was about the plot in The Murder of Roger Acrkroyd and whether Poirot got it wrong, interesting.

Visit to the emporium and saw ex colleague and her gorgeous baby with his two tooth grin.

Stuffed peppers and squeaky cheese for tea.
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 12th Jan 18, 12:10 PM
    • 4,745 Posts
    • 28,776 Thanks
    The lane that leads to the end of the road!
    Ok so strayed off yesterday. Apologies that your usual ramblings of the Life of BoP were not published. Got it, I was not there! Besides and more.

I see it is Ms Lettuce Eaters birthday!

5 Had customer with his bales hay for the horse and car inn town yesterday, thatís why BoP was not posting. Got it now! BoP has to make hay!

4 Talking of hay, we saw someone off the premises again yesterday inn the usual way. Steak was had and wobbleades were consumed. Badges were taken to prevent re-entry! Usual rules and donít forget your bags. And donít bother coming around here anymore!

3 After that and all before lunch, you will want to know what is inn BoPís lunch box today! It is packed full of good things, salad, cheese, digestives, proper ones and not the cheap ones either! Luxury today as I popped into an emporiums and they had two delights of Turks for a quid. These will add a zest to my lunch! Proper goodness and none of the Capri!

2 Day later will be watching the challenge of uni the only BBC regressive TV tax programme I watch, the Grand Tour, and could be a Marilyn!

I am challenged by the man who made the world!

Runs off waiting to see if anyone has a
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 12th Jan 18, 7:34 PM
    • 7,268 Posts
    • 19,929 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Sorry to post & run but RL has gone from holiday to back to work to right back to crazy.

I've no idea where the chaps are but I'm deep in a good book. I think literacy is a hugely underrated pleasure.

Amidst coverage of burned cars in Liverpool, I hear of the prompt help offered the horses by Aintree. I love it when the horse community works together. I just wish the news had made as much of it as they did over 6 rescued dogs!

Eavesdropping on a Bond film "ooh that can't be good for the suspension", "awesome!", "gawping at the fire stuff" - I sense the climax of a pursuit scene is imminent.

Got some lace up plimsolls in cs - gruesome girly colours but the right size & at 99pence, an acceptable price. Then Asda discounted scholl insoles & I nabbed a pair & now no longer have the wrong shoes as an excuse to dodge the gym.....

"That goes for me, you & the kitchen frog" - I'll be struggling to make sense of that For Days.... [heading into weeks]

Wowza! Local charity shop didn't manage to auction a fancy watch - so it was reduced for a quick sale. It's second hand but newly refurbed & at a bit under half the list price it's worth every penny even if we're living on beans & veggies into February. I'm basking in Himself's delight.

There are those who complain Dave is near endless repeats - having chortled through 20 minutes of Rich Hall, I could cope with more repeats! Dear me but that man makes me laugh.

Have just twigged why the young cook with their phones. You select the songs you want to listen to On Their Length & thus have a melodious timer!

Is it wrong to to include as a pleasure the sound of son, umbrella, & gravity interacting? Says she, hiding on another floor, muffling the snickering.

Replaced the battery on the fitness tracker, despite it resisting me tooth nail & software. This afternoon trip to the gym Will Be Recorded... If only for the 'you did What?' from the software, and sons.

I have eyeballed every single silver charm I have, and cleaned most of them. I have also had lessons in the potency of ultrasonic cleaning & the inadvisability of sitting in one position for too long. The pleasure is in finding out how few duplicates, how many are better than I'd thought & that I will not repeat the sitting mistake again soon.

Some channel is repeating the Onedin Line! I foresee teenage lads vehemently denying any interest but just happening to be in the room...

Dear me. I begin to understand those who gym - it feels So Good when you Stop. Although the trainers seem to be softening up a bit, which is a relief, & sons had bath running, brew steaming, & door opened for me.

Aw - youngest's expression when he opened his yard of Jaffa cakes & found therein dozen-packets! Discounted yard, too, but all biscuits are to clear in our house...

Found another pair of cheap canvas trainers in a cs today. They research as Converse Simpsons Chuck Taylor All Star Collection, but I'll just wear them to the gym. One son, appalled, growled in anguish "you couldn't find Peppa Pig?". Am slightly tempted to start looking...

Amongst the Christmas markdowns are Reece's peanut cups on a small cast iron skillet. Which intrigued himself mightily til he realised the skillet was made in China. The mug & sweets made it into the trolley, ahem. (I blame youngest entirely.)

The subject of Ghurkas came up. Just the thought of a platoon of them makes me smile - formidable warriors, impeccable manners & short. I might have to do my laces up though...

Saw two huge boxes of Playmobil in s charity shop & reluctantly left them there as the zoo & ark sets were £20 each & a nursery or childminder could afford that, whereas I'd just be spoiling myself.

"You're a villain." Owch. I am being denounced, rightly (ahem), for putting Nutella in the fridge. (Which even the jar says you shouldn't do, oops.)

I have the fleece, shears, machine - I'd quite like a pattern but Google is not helping. Still, pattern paper, pencil & husband's favourite top & who knows?! I loathe setting sleeves. Hours of finicky frustration, as I recall. Still, once made, I'll have a unique fleece pullover to see me through the cold.

"At some point in the recent future" - some days you'd never guess English was eldest's mother tongue!

Whoo. This gym lark has more complexity than I thought. It's the kit. I thought it was footwear - a start but the hi vis jacket, the little lights I put in stockings (red & white, strobe on 2 frequencies), some way of carrying a door key - all complicated. Let alone the foundation garments ahem. [And a fortnight in, it's beginning to get a bit addicitive. This I had not forseen!]

My little tree is down. The decorations, bells, string of lights all packed away. With "and make each prisn'er pent, unwillingly represent, a source of innocent merriment" burbling as an earworm. (Gilbert & Sullivan strike again!)

I'm happily a techie, & youngest & I regard Click as intriguing viewing - I now want to get tickets to "Click Live" as show science (especially when it Might all go wrong) is glorious fun & educational! Though mixing magicians & AI is a bit mischievous.

It's all a bit nerve wracking laying about you with shears. The reassurance has to come from the fact that it isn't the world's most complex pattern & the fleece cost less than £7, so if it's a bit sideways, it's going to be a "personalised" garment rather than ruined.

Frost on the back garden - suddenly the mess is enchanted, a space through which both wildlife & fairytale could inhabit comfortably.

Old family photos - a mere 10 years old, when my wonderful tall opinionated chaps were shorter than me & more cooperative. But remembering things & crooning, a bit of a treat.

Some trailer for police science (?) & as I look up bemused, husband helpfully explains "Blue Peter, directors cut". Boychicks sputter...

Aglow with pride as eldest recites the entire of "Lloyd George no doubt" with no major inaccuracies. I do wonder if he has the BTEC course work as well-stored, but it is nice to hear the old family humour. 1920s origin sez Google but I can't ask m'grandfather.

One of the upsides of YouTube is you get to hear some amazing new measurements, like "weight to awesomeness ratio"! Of the bazooka, intriguingly.

Saw a tin of shortbread with a Scottie dog on in the after Christmas sale & rehomed it to a Scottie enthusiast. Who was touched & charmed by this, despite suffering canine bereavement this weekend.

The charming folks at the emporium, recognising me as the nutter who persisted in asking when were they going to get the Christmas bags for life, gave me a coffee as they had no bags for life of any sort for me to purchase & know me to be an aficionado both of their bags & brews. They have thus assured my ongoing patronage for several further months with this generosity (but then they have haggis in stock ready for for Burns Night.)

A long time ago in a call centre far away, I would gesture for help waving a bright yellow bag of Starbursts (or Opal Fruits as I knew them). Eye catching & usually effective (handy for the short-&-easily-missed in a forest of monitors). When I was in deep waters, I'd wave Both Starburst and Jaffa cakes & people, bless them, ran to help. My trainer, an otherwise ferocious self disciplined & abstemious soul, recalled this & now blames me for her staff giving her 17 boxes of Jaffa cakes this Christmas....

Rather hopefully wombled an Asda receipt but on lifting it realised it wasn't as long as I'd hoped - 4 lines of chocolate & 1 of nurofen. Whilst deploring the littering, I was bang alongside the pain management.

Acting on clear instructions, I gave ordered red silk rose petals for son's schoolfriend. I do hope girl friend is being kept in the loop... Pleasure is that it is all his idea & his money.

It's Friday & has been a bit of a week, so we indulged in unwrapping another playmobil figure. A masked superhero with a vigorously offensive looking ray gun! Ideal for lifting spirits, and adding spice to mischievous speculation.

Right. To all who grieve, may patience be abundant. To all who holiday & travel, we salute you. To all wrestling with health, ongoing courage & stubbornness. Indeed, may there be health strength love & courage sufficient to face both the mundane & the frankly yer-what?!
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 12th Jan 18, 7:35 PM
    • 2,841 Posts
    • 33,156 Thanks
    mhagster
    Greetings from hospital ! DD2 admitted this afternoon with humongous tonsils. On various drips and certainly brighter than she was earlier. Very poorly this morning.

There was a nice dog walk first thing. Beautiful sunrise.

Then NHS being there for us.

Free car parking and finding a space.

Met a friend who's a paramedic. Nice to see him.

My friend who works in hospital popped up to see us.

Heading homeward in half an hour.
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 12th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 1,893 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Greetings from hospital ! DD2 admitted this afternoon with humongous tonsils. On various drips and certainly brighter than she was earlier. Very poorly this morning.

There was a nice dog walk first thing. Beautiful sunrise.

Then NHS being there for us.

Free car parking and finding a space.

Met a friend who's a paramedic. Nice to see him.

My friend who works in hospital popped up to see us.

Heading homeward in half an hour.
    Originally posted by mhagster
    mhagster, glad dd2 is feeling a bit better & isnít it nice to bump into friends.
    Free car parking - the space time continuum has been ruptured!

1. First use of the egg poacher (I treated myself as an early XMas present). Lovely - poached eggs on toast - first time in years!

2. The sound of husband sanding the spare room door. Once the decorating is done (we had all the paint already) the expense starts - new carpet & light fitting. We already have the new curtains and pole + new matching sockets, light switches & door handles. The room will look great but will make the rest of the house (except the kitchen) look even shabbier than it already does!

3. Saw tits & parakeets on the new feeder stand - first time this year.

4. Watched a squirrel hanging onto the sunflower feeder & gorging himself

5. Dinner was totally from the freezer, larder & fridge. Duck breasts in the lo Sauce (out of the freezer & from a Ha..y Bi..Rs Somerset Chicken recipe), leek & potato mash & green beans from the freezer. Really scrumptious Must have been good because I didnít hear a peep from DH - he was too busy eating!

6. Avoided shopping today! Only one visit to sm this year!

Have a good night everyone

MrsSD
    • Frith
    • By Frith 12th Jan 18, 11:06 PM
    • 4,287 Posts
    • 40,710 Thanks
    Frith
    MHags - hope your daughter gets well now!

Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Had to pull out every technique known to get smaller son off to school, but he went in the end.

3) Hens OK and cleaned out their sleeping quarters.

4) Went into town to have a cup of tea with a friend I do not see very often.

5) The car had its annual clean and hoover out. Ashamed to say I do pay for this otherwise it wouldn't even be annual! It looks like a different car.

6) Bigger son went to work.

7) Played lots of games of Scrabble on my phone.

No call to bigger son to tell him whether he got his apprenticeship place or not - a bit rude.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 13th Jan 18, 6:48 AM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 13,429 Thanks
    villagelife
    Mhags hope DD2 is recovering and that tonsils are removed some time soon.
    laineyT - it cheers me up too when I see people enjoying walking in the rain.

Not posted for a few days as back been sore and been off work.

1 Back improving slowly. Been taking things very slowly.

2. Managed to sort out a new electricity and gas deal. My one expires end of the month.

3. Nice text messages from people.

4. Friend called in as she had a meeting close.

5. DS2 cooked most evenings this week.
    • house elf
    • By house elf 13th Jan 18, 7:27 AM
    • 616 Posts
    • 8,654 Thanks
    house elf
    Morning All,

DfV another mega post of giggles
    Mhags Poor DD2

A collection from the last few days.......

1. Food.......Hm tacos, take away fish and chips, ready meal Indian meal.

2. Work....wednesdays lessons a success, two days out at the gardens were cold, but beautiful. Garlic has grown and beans are appearing. Students lovely.

3. Home......The Greatest Showman at the cinema, watching more Mad men on DVD, we have found the electric blanket!

4. Family.........DS1 has had a first date. Seems to have gone well. Barely seen DD and DS2, so assume they are ok. Husband has been to physio and has advice on his ankle.

5. Me time.......took DF to Charity Superstore last night. She was very excited. Returned stuff from last visit, but managed to buy twice as much! Did find work shirts for DS1, work waistcoat for DD, bag to replace hers that broke, and lots of underpants for DS2, so donít feel too selfish.

Have a lovely day. I may have to EBay to fit new stuff into drawers
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 13th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 4,745 Posts
    • 28,776 Thanks
    My why, just what has we come too!
    Tut Tut coming up and you alls know why!

5 This morning BoP had his usual snorker fest, with best back, haricot beans in tom sauce, grilled toms, mushrooms, buttered toast topped with a poached egg. A proper poached egg, none of that carp of silicose finny things. Proper poached in boiling water, air cracked and plopped inn. Proper cooked. Tea was drunk and tum was rubbed!

4 Floor sore ted for boudoir of BoP and BoPsie. Being fitted this Wednesday, Mess expected and Raffles should be in a right state!

3 Crposswords done on the pad of I! Games done as well. Tea and cake of roll swiss wolfed down. Now brewing on the toip is tonights mega mix, of proper chiken tika, and it is hot and wild this day. Served with fridgies dynamites and mushrooms! No waste here and no stuipid pans either!

2 Night will be uni challange, then a flick. Watched teh Tour last nigth so there!

There is a message for the one at the back of the room, is there a Sue around here?
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 13th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 11,132 Posts
    • 155,062 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) Rich seam of charity shop books for Nell's OHs two lads, half a dozen Beast Quest books for the older one and 5 Horrid Henry books for the younger one, they'll keep them going for bedtime stories for quite a while.

2) Walking Cookie this afternoon and finding the first blooming Celandines of the year in a sheltered spot on the edge of a ditch on one of the lanes.

3) YS broccoli 32p in Mr.T today.

4) Just watched fabulous rugby Exeter Chiefs vs Montpellier, most enjoyable game to watch.

5) First couple of crocuses in bloom on the footpaths yesterday, lovely peachy coloured ones in a ring round an old cherry tree on one of the green spaces between the closes of houses, the developers did such a good job of planting and it's matured into beautiful areas to enjoy all year round.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,329Posts Today

9,375Users online

Martin's Twitter