Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 3,118Posts
    • 35,157Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3
    • 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 18th Jul 17 at 11:34 AM
    Ok I'm diving in as I've noticed several of us have lost posts we thought had posted, and there now seems to be a serious risk of losing the whole thread. So thanks for the heads up Karcher. (and i sympathise Frith - i too like to nip back)

I've revisited the first thread of our part 2, posted 28th October 2009. It said:
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
    Originally posted by thriftlady
    Part 2 went on considerably longer so many many more pleasures. And of course life stories shared, support given, tears of sorrow and joy shed. Part 2 I shall miss you, but here's to part 3.
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 18-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Page 39
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 4th Oct 17, 12:23 PM
    • 4,690 Posts
    • 28,390 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Creature comforts
    hope you're feeling better soon LT green supper sounds lish (though i suspect BOP'll have words about too many broad beans and not enough snorkers!)
    Originally posted by DundeeDoll
    No No No No No No No No No No No No!
    How many times do I has to tells yous lot. Eat proper. Mum BoP used to do Boiled Bacon, mash, served with parsley sauce (packet variety, not homemade like BoP) which I loved. It was always served with Bored Beans, and then treacle sponge (carp food!). I never got any treacle sponge (carp food) as I did not eat all my bored beans! It was simple!
    Thanks DD at the risk of BOP's wrath a woman cannot live by snorkers alone
    Originally posted by LaineyT
    Snorkers are good for you!

5 Commotion inn the side office at the mill! Big time. Last day we had an invasion inn the side office, an incy wincy tiny spider had penetrated the always closed door and made him, or her, self quite at home. Not a problem for BoP, ruff and tuff, but one of the younger stokers ran away in flight. Got no bottle the young ones! Fortunately BoP is made of sterner material and can man handle these creatures and led him, or her!, away to safety and scaring the lower mills downstream! Only feeble persons were tortured during this event.

4 Stern stuff. That is what happens when you are brought up proper. OK, as for proper, you may recall that BoP, of proper foods, mentioned in ditties he was having a mere, no, Gorilla Roulette. Now BoPsie, also scared of spider things and other bits, was a tad curious and titchy about having her thirst ever Gorilla Roulette! I can now report that as BoPsie even though she goated BoP, so I kind of forgot how many shakes I had done with the flakes of chilli! It was a tad warm but enough to more that tickle her fancy! Proper food and good for you! Oh, the roulette was left over swede carrot mash, leaks, broccoli, tossed with mushroom, pepper and onion, and stuffing! Well tum rubbed!

3 Back at the mill again as we herd ourselves from review to review. Scoring points off each other. Millwright is threatening with a perm job. Did no know he was a barber on the side! Rates are negotiable so I think we could spar for a round or too! Usual rules!

2 Nite well earlier today the house of BoP was dechilled, and I mean really dechilled, as the central heating came on without priming again! That way, as it again was chilled outside last night, when BoP de furred and rubbed his back inn the shower this morning, no condensation was formed. That way house of BoP remains in top condition. Forget the tracking things like hive, you can get an electronic thermostat for about £65, and an electrician to fit it for another £60. That is how much BG will rip you off. Oh, and check the fixed deals that are out there.

We must check that our abhorrent arrogance does not consume us with apocalyptic evil.
    I soled my last sock
    For a whiff of your cheap perfume filled with hope of tears gone by
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 4th Oct 17, 8:22 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 35,157 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    1) a facebook group I belong to, the Hygge Nook, celebrates 1 year today. I treated myself to a cinnamon danish to celebrate in hygge style
    2) coffee with a friend - we have planned a workshop for end of November. it'll be based on the one i did in sri lanka but i'd like to develop a 'Getting Started with rubrics' to hand out.
    3) hm salad (shhh don't tell bop it was totally veggie) and flask of tea in the library
    4) mr piano picked me up after work and we went to mr t. we bought among other things bananas. i have now drawn minions on them :-) http://tj-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/b6/e5/b6e5b78c4d63cbd725df9cb7f048d0bc.jpg
    5) now at home refusing again to succumb to putting the heating on. onesie, dressing gown and 30 minutes on the exercise bike has done the trick.
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 4th Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 1,777 Posts
    • 19,485 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    DD I’ve found Ticket to Ride Nordic edition should suit 2/3 of us, and there’s always the wii, I am hopeless at games, but have good fun.

1 A very busy day which flew by
    2 Straight out to pick up some freegle stainless steel cutlery, that dh will use to experiment in making sculpture.
    3 Had to put fuel in and rather than go to Lidl I popped into Mr T and it was forthcoming with reductions 5 packs of finest sausages and 6 packed of proper unsmoked bacon all at 38p each (BOP would approve), DH also picked up some cookies which we froze.
    4 Small dinner of chicken and salad with the fresh baguette.
    5 Picked up my repeat prescription.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 4th Oct 17, 10:31 PM
    • 4,301 Posts
    • 40,053 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Dropped bigger son off at college.

3) Went for a cup of tea in a caf! on a barge! Will take sons there in half term.

4) Went for a walk.

5) Cooked courgette carbonara for tea.

6) Did the first part of crab apple jelly making.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • house elf
    • By house elf 5th Oct 17, 5:31 AM
    • 583 Posts
    • 8,158 Thanks
    house elf
    Morning,

Going backwards, as I have missed a few days......

1. BFI freebie to see Breathe. Went with my freebie hunter friend. We liked the film, and even better, got given free sweeties and water bottle as we went into the theatre!

2. Sloppy joes in the slow cooker. Everyone ate it!

3. DS2 Parents eve. He has made a good start in 6th form. Always good reports.

4. DS2 has discovered a 1970's playlist on Spotify, so we disco dance at traffic lights on the way to school.

5. Finally got management to listen to some of my worries about work that needs to be done, which is not being done cos I have changed jobs. Now being given cover for a week to do the work.

There were more, I am certain.

Have a lovely day.
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 5th Oct 17, 6:54 AM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 12,973 Thanks
    villagelife
    1. I have calmed down since leaving work. I was fuming all afternoon. I was told I had to cover a clinic as it was running late due to others working too slow. It happens frequently on a Wednesday.

2. Finished my book on the way home in the bus.

3. DS1 phoned and we are seeing him on Sunday. His back seems to have recovered at the moment.

4. Long chat with a friend. He is DH friend originally so I only really have a long chat when DH is out when he rings.

5. Diet is going ok. I slept better last night. Not sure if diet, back improving or whst.
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 5th Oct 17, 11:01 AM
    • 2,809 Posts
    • 32,748 Thanks
    mhagster
    Pleasures for today, to be looked for today especially .

Work : fine, busy, took longer to do everything as I had new person with me ...she's not the quickest!

She had invited me to her house for cake.'do you like cake, I forgot to ask?' she said....do I like cake? She had made a cherry cheesecake. It was lovely . Did I want more ? Ended up coming home with 3 big slices. They are German but have been here for many years but it was just like walking into a German home when I went in ( stayed in a few many years ago on school exchanges)

Made they monumental decision to get a cleaner in to do end of lease clean and what a relief! Just could not see me getting everything done in time once kids move out. Big sigh of relief and now I can enjoy my last few days without worrying about what's still to be done!

DD2 had physio at hospital, I had a nano nap in waiting room whilst she was there. Off & back on train within 2 hours so no charge for return journey.

Snoozed on sofa with a dog stretched over me.

Had leftover macaroni for late lunch ( having had cheesecake for breakfast) so don't need tea.

Nice dog walk with a nice dog.

Have a good day
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 5th Oct 17, 11:49 AM
    • 1,745 Posts
    • 20,746 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Great idea re cleaner Mhags, money wisely spent for peace of mind.
    Don't tell BOP DD but we eat veggie at least twice a week

Wednesday pleasures,

Cold no worse!

Second opinion of lovely friend on Lulu's misbehaviour in school, she believes a lot is down to anxiety so we are taking a couple of steps back to prevent future problems, she's still such a baby at only 5 years old.

Scrapped skin off knuckle and riding boots rubbed after having them years, pleasure of savlon and plaster on both when I got home.

Spinach and goats cheese slice for supper.

Caught up on all things Dr Foster
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 5th Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    • 4,690 Posts
    • 28,390 Thanks
    I wouldn't if I was yous!
    Don't tell BOP DD but we eat veggie at least twice a week
    Originally posted by LaineyT
    3) hm salad (shhh don't tell bop it was totally veggie) and flask of tea in the library
    Originally posted by DundeeDoll
    I'lls splat you all now with my cherry tomato salad, strawbs and berries! DD and others! Salad greens, without beans, proper foods not carp.
    5 I is often asked abouts why I do not like Social Workers, Educationalists, Humane Remains, and Softies. No yous see BoP designs FADECs for kites and has bin a kite monkey for thirty eight years, an aircraft electrician to you lot. But I was told some time ago by a social worker that I should fit socket covers into my mk sockets, as they were dangerous! Not that BS1363 Fused Plugs and Shuttered Socket Outlets is the safest in the world, where shutters block access to the live and neutral pins, but no she knew more than me as she was a social worker. In other words, she was a know all! Or a person that abuses her kind of authority because she unquestionably is correct!

Please remove these immediately as there cause risks, as the shutters are over ridden on insertion of these stupid devices.
    I did not fit them and she was not happy. So there! Please check out the link! http://www.fatallyflawed.org.uk/

4 While I am on having a go, I can also has a pop at the educationalists. Well done, allegedly it is World Teacher Day to day and I checked up my Rubrics score on Grammer! I get top marks! So stiff that inn yer jumper!

3 On about jumpers, please remember to get your woollens sore ted to keep warm. This very morning in BoP Palace, the outside air temperature had dipped to 7C, the lowest this year so far and as yous all know, the heating again roared into live and made sure that BoPsie had her curled toes nice and warm! Raffles has adopted his winter perch on the kitchen stool!

2 Nite BoP will again be doing proper foods and tossing off as he does pancakes, topped with berries and strawbs. Topped with fresh squeezed lemon and cocoa! You knows yous has to try it as well. Usual batter, 1 medium egg (not veggie DD!) 3oz plain flour and 5 fl oz milk. Flipping will be done!
    PM2DD I thinks Engerland should get enough tonight to qualify! Poor old Banksie passed on yesterday and the Team of ’66 is thinning now! Actually still in two minds about this as I think it will be a disgrace for football.

And that ends your daily BoPshere news!
    I soled my last sock
    • gt568
    • By gt568 5th Oct 17, 1:21 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 2,478 Thanks
    gt568
    an aircraft electrician to you lot.
    Originally posted by Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Did not realise you were a fan of dogs!
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 5th Oct 17, 8:05 PM
    • 1,777 Posts
    • 19,485 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    1 Applied for a lovely looking role so hoping who knows, work was very busy but that’s alright except not even enough time to have a cuppa isn’t on.
    2 Proper cooking, batched some mince into a couple of lasagnes and a spag bol, I’ve also done the first part of the rosehip jelly now to leave it all straining overnight.
    3 Dinner will be lasagne and salad.
    4 Paid which is always a pleasure.
    5 Just sat down to the first hot drink.
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 5th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    • 4,690 Posts
    • 28,390 Thanks
    Put BoPsie’s housekeeping on Engerland and DenMarx. Looks like she’ll be eating next week!
    I soled my last sock
    • Frith
    • By Frith 5th Oct 17, 10:28 PM
    • 4,301 Posts
    • 40,053 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (Thursday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Finished the crab apple jelly - the boiling part. I like it when the jars seal themselves with a pop.

3) Phoned the carpenter so he is coming on the 4th November. We will have a balustrade again! (At the moment you could topple off the landing straight down the stairs).

4) Several phone calls and emails from smaller son's school. It is not really geared up to pupils with EHCPs, apart from the unit with lots of them in it... More helpful people than unhelpful, though.

5) Hens well.

6) Quick pop to the charity shops and found smaller son a red Hollister t shirt.

7) Picked smaller son up 12.30 as they had a half day.

8) Lunch at Sainsburys.

9) Collected bigger son from college.

10) Smaller son hired a football pitch with his friends then went to McDonalds.

11) Just watched the Ambulance programme part of which was shot 5 miles from my house!

12) In bed with hwb - very tired tonight.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 5th Oct 17, 11:01 PM
    • 3,118 Posts
    • 35,157 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    Pk I love ticket to ride. Now I'm in a board game group we tend to play with 5 or 6 but I think most board games work well with 2
    1) heating not on
    2) took flask again. I do like my flask
    3) lunchtime nipped out to get work surface, tap, sink, tiles and covering for room of requirements. Stage 2 well underway :-)
    4) stretched left over mince to meal for 3 (me and mr piano plus my lunch tomorrow) then dd2 arrived home and ate half of what was left in a wrap. Added some more veg. Lunch for tomorrow done
    5) gbf came over and we had a much needed good laugh (my 30th looms and of course he is widowered or whatever the equivalent is for civil partnership)
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 6th Oct 17, 7:05 AM
    • 2,809 Posts
    • 32,748 Thanks
    mhagster
    Hello and hurrah for Friday ...this time in 14 little days I will be up in the air...waaaah! Today whilst walking round supermarket it hit me that I'm leaving my home here.

First thing chat with friend from home.

Work was fine and glad it's over for the week and only 9 shifts to go. I've kind of outgrown my job and I'm glad I'm leaving . It was there at just the right time for me but 3 hours a day isn't enough anymore ( mentally ) 2/5 busy days isn't enough. Have met some lovely people and enjoy my chit chats and the odd peek at a magazine.

Supermarket for groceries .

Went for lunch ( sigh , again) and had salad. With my friend who was OHs pain doctor who I should just call my friend! Had a lovely afternoon and the quickest 3 hours of chat!

Snuggles with my dog boy. We're all cosied up on the sofa, he's snoring...I might be later! There are 3 noisy teenagers getting ready for a party in the downstairs bathroom. Much shrieking, loud music and laughing. Shhhhhhh!

It's been back to winter today after a few warm days. Blooming freezing but got the opportunity to wear my new boots.

Have a good day
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 6th Oct 17, 9:00 AM
    • 1,745 Posts
    • 20,746 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Thursday pleasures,

It should have been my darling brother's 55th birthday so even more than usual thoughts of a smashing bloke, miss him every day.

Treated to breakfast out by another smashing bloke, he's a keeper for sure

Lady Lulu saw an equine dentist for possibly first time, she was well behaved if a little worried but once finished soon settled down to her hay net.

Forgot to take the chicken out for Fajitas so emergency meal of mac cheese with cauliflower.

Watched and enjoyed Educating Manchester.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 6th Oct 17, 9:31 AM
    • 7,188 Posts
    • 19,637 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    RL going slightly daft - I am to pack for a weekend away, making jam, so a few clothes & all the glassware, sugar & bottles of Certo I can lay hands on, plus cash for fresh strawberries near destination.

OS Pleasures recently (I must *try* this 5 a day some time)
    Making Colon Curry (yesterday's stew with added curry powder) - lads ridiculously excited! At the idea of eating Pratchett Food. Pondering commissioning a cutter so "rat on a stick" is possible...

"Is this the brush you couldn't find?" Ah, washing up shenanigans.

Himself has found a Sprag can opener - I'm hoping he finds instructions on how to use it (he wants the patent ideally), as the cans with holes & the grumbles of bewilderment are getting repetitive! (Any internet links warmly welcomed as google hasn't helped yet.)

Mock the Week - oh my, the 'continuity' lines...

"I'm slightly disappointed, the weather person's got two hands" - husband happily an admirer of Lucy Martin.

"What's the other show with the guy who looks like a pork pie?" "Have I Got News For You?" - as to why my son associates Ian Hislop with pork pie I refuse to speculate.

Read "is noone disconcerted that the 3 As in Australia are all pronounced differently?" & as I chuckled & shared this apercu, my son opined "you get off on the weirdest sh!t, mum". Yes & I refuse to be abashed by my delight in the eccentricities of my mother tongue.

Enjoying the bass line of "love is the drug" - being a taxi driver is Wildly Overrated, and I am going to Firmly Remind son of that singular virtue, punctuality....

Whoo-hoo birthday chit from Morrisons, converted straight into chocolate! Dark, so my family smile a little ruefully & leave it.

"Do you take me for some format of buffoon?" Youngest has been reading again, or listening, & the outcome is both charming & disconcerting...

The lollipopped hazel trees are a stunning green & gold blend!

What is stranger, the lift shafts growing blindly skywards or the clusters of terrapods/portacabins dropped into metal frames as construction offices before they are refitted with glass & interior designer fripperies & morph into flats? Me, I goggle at walls with doors & windows & pre-installed balconies being craned into place like vast playing cards.

Trying to discreetly ogle a travelling cleric, whose glorious wool cloak and robustly vintage leather bag speak of history, practicality & the sound economy of buying the good stuff once. (He slightly lets the image down with a clementine in a plastic bag but one must mix with the world to eat.)

Gosh how late are we to the party that is Upstart Crow, where Shakespeare is deftly & affectionately filleted in a way that has even my teenage sons laughing!

OK I am officially boggling. Youngest, having asked 'what do you put in a birthday card?' ignored the advice & wrote "we are born out of necessity, prolong ourselves out of weakness, and die by chance." Sartre, apparently, as recalled from some Disney program....

Reassuring colleague that no matter how senior some folk are, at a dial-in no one can hear you scream. (So long as the gadget is set to mute.)

Were I checking out a secondary school, I'd be a bit dubious of one that has wheeled back in its Former Head Boy & Girl to make a speech. Still, with one speechifying & another as prefect, the house is quiet.

Flu jab clinic - such a cheerful Saturday morning atmosphere, as the seriously vintage are brought by their family members & other longstanding souls putter in with the same cheerful expectation I'm used to at jumble sales....

Ah. Put on a few pounds - shall finish the birthday cake & return to my green leaf soups. Pleasure in knowing rather than wondering and Taking Action.

Eyeing the barclaycard advert, one son asked if the artist if having a seizure, and opined "proper art is nudes and stuff". I appear to be raising cultural Neanderthals. <shrug>

Some days teenagers are almost cute. One just placed a plate to heat - in the fridge....

Ah the Scottish Tory & her pungent opinion of those pandas.

Waved to the tailor! Yes, I did get out early...

Yeay! Harvest Moon brilliantly lighting ground by Scout hut. We did all see it, albeit on the way home. Glorious!

Chortling at husband gently teasing son over the school coffee morning. Added my mite by reminding son to tell other bro we'd be along later (public coffee morning & school did send texts). Oh my, their expressions of panic...

Courage health & strength to all, and flu jabs wherever possible!
    Plus no Sartre on an empty stomach.
    Last edited by DigForVictory; 06-10-2017 at 9:33 AM.
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 6th Oct 17, 10:23 AM
    • 1,347 Posts
    • 6,539 Thanks
    MandM90
    - I had my first French class last night (through local Adult Learning service) and it was AMAZING. I had so much fun. I was a bit taken aback that my teacher, Mireille, *only* speaks in French the entire time (unless we really don't understand a word) but pleasantly suprised to find I understood everything. During the first speaking exercise she says she might bump me up from Intermediate II to Advanced, but I think I'm in the right place. I've forgotten SO much grammar. We were doing manquer/se manquer and having to translate a range of tenses and I was really struggling. It's great to be pushing myself in this way. So yes, buzzing!!! I have plenty of homework to be getting on with and have been listening to Coffee Break French in the car because, although it is super basic, it's really good for practising my pronounciation in a slow and measured way.

- Mum has bought OH and I full running club membership for our birthdays. A non-stuff and useful pressie. Hurrah!

- It's the weekend tomorrow. Yay! Today will be longggg but tomorrow we're going to wake up and have veggie sausage baps, or mushrooms on toast, then we will:
    - Plant out all the plants we have and mark out where everything else will go, including the green gage trees which arrive next week.
    - Finish my skirt, do my French homework, prep for the dinner party we're hosting on Tuesday night and chill out!

- Once ex-mortgage lender pay us what they owe we will FINALLY have a full £10,000 emergency fund. Woohoo for big round numbers! I'm now wondering if I should take it off budget so I'm not tempted to nick a bit from it unless we're in dire straits.

- I used Quidco rewards to buy OH a headlamp and DD a new piano book full of pop songs. Don't know if I'll give the book to her now or at Xmas, but I'm excited for her to have it as her piano is coming on leaps and bounds.

- Enough money in the 'family fun' budget to go to the cinema on Sunday morning (Junior Club £1.50 tix) and have lunch after (nothing fancy, probably veggie burgers in Nandos or noodles somewhere else). DD will be happy

- This week we made our first ever mortgage overpayment of £2,200. Only £211,000 to go
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 6th Oct 17, 12:44 PM
    • 11,177 Posts
    • 154,025 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) Back home again, last couple of days pickle sitting were quite full on but so much fun.

2) Good run on the roads today and lovely to see ploughed fields and harvesting going on beside the motorway.

3) Orley is commando crawling, much fun moving his piece of apple round the room and watching him determinedly go forwards to get it.

4) Viewed 2 lovely houses yesterday, I conventional and one a bungalow with a loft conversion. Both building wise were homes we could have lived in but both had much smaller gardens than the Estate Agents pictures and blurb indicated. I know now that what I'm selecting IS what we want and just hope one with a decent garden comes on the market fairly soon in the area we want.

5) Feeling chilly, cooler today and we may light the stove tonight, just love that stove!!!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 6th Oct 17, 7:29 PM
    • 1,777 Posts
    • 19,485 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    LaineyT: Emergency Mac n Cheese sounds delicious..

1 Working from home, blimey you wouldn’t believe what a pleasure that is to save on the commute time, but still very busy and a lot done, invoiced for another week.
    2 Numerous bills for insurances home, car and caravan then gas and leccy all paid in full. DH and I chatted and what I’ve just paid is a quarter of his first ever annual wage – very scary!!!
    3 Grilled BLT for lunch rude not to.
    4. I changed our gas and leccy tariff, it reckons we’ve saved just under 500 for the next year, I doubt it but I have at least done something about it.
    5 Dinner I made thai red curry, each time I make it – it’s different, this time it was turmeric rice.
    6 What a beautiful weather day.
    7 Finally got around to talking to the bank and updating various details, pleasure to get it out of the way.
    8 I had to re cook the rosehips as I rather obviously didn’t add enough water – ops, but it’s now ready for phase 2 also.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

251Posts Today

1,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin