Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 3,099Posts
    • 34,948Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3
    • 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 18th Jul 17 at 11:34 AM
    Ok I'm diving in as I've noticed several of us have lost posts we thought had posted, and there now seems to be a serious risk of losing the whole thread. So thanks for the heads up Karcher. (and i sympathise Frith - i too like to nip back)

I've revisited the first thread of our part 2, posted 28th October 2009. It said:
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
    Originally posted by thriftlady
    Part 2 went on considerably longer so many many more pleasures. And of course life stories shared, support given, tears of sorrow and joy shed. Part 2 I shall miss you, but here's to part 3.
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 18-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Page 27
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 10th Sep 17, 8:14 AM
    • 11,117 Posts
    • 153,435 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) Poorly baby on Friday was better by Saturday and hadn't given his 'bugs' to any of the rest of us, thankfully!

2) Lovely walk in the lanes and along the footpaths with Sue, Charlie retriever and Cookie dog.

3) Managed to tackle 'beanopolis' and gave away 3 large bags to various friends.....RESULT!!!

4) He Who Knows is able to drive again, no too far but still managing to drive which has told us an awful lot of useful information about where and what we relocate to in the fullness of time. Being in a village, active, mobile, driving and fit is one thing and is a lovely life BUT being in a village not able to drive, feeling unfit and not too mobile is very restrictive! Lesson learned at just the right time!

5) We're going to the garden centre for coffee this morning and then on to the Farm Shop for (hopeful) some nice local apples and pears. The Discovery apples that are earliest ripe in the UK and fragrant and crisp and pink inside ought to be in the market now but I haven't seen them in the supermarkets. The Farm Shop tries get produce from the local area to sell so, if I'm lucky appley deliciousness shall be MINE!!!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 10th Sep 17, 9:08 AM
    • 1,664 Posts
    • 19,701 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Saturday pleasures,

Up early and met friend over yard to check if current saddle fits, it doesn't but bridle does so not as bad as could have been.

Zipped back and changed in time to meet hollow legged ones for breakfast, I had eggs benedict which was scrummy, menfolk all had full english.

Two more secondhand books arrived in post, have been putting together a 'library' for darker nights, think classic crime and ghost stories, have a satisfying collection now.

Watched an extra slice on catch up and then last night of the proms, cried at Jerusalem, always do and means even more now.

Another one with heavier cover on bed, very cosy and slept well.

MrsLW my local W8rose has discovery apples if that helps, my favourite too x
    Last edited by LaineyT; 10-09-2017 at 9:56 AM. Reason: Autocorrect, sigh...
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 10th Sep 17, 9:52 AM
    • 11,117 Posts
    • 153,435 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Thanks Lainey, if the farm shop don't I'm up to the centre with W*rose in tomorrow and I'll go and check them out xxx.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 10th Sep 17, 9:55 AM
    • 2,786 Posts
    • 32,444 Thanks
    mhagster
    Hello. It's been a day most busy today.

Up early and out to recycling centre. Found it as its opposite the hospital Dd2 was in. Had loads of old TVs and tonnes of cables and connections.

Grocery shop. Went to Aldi. Was there before it opened.

Nice dog walks , 4 today.

Washing dried outside and ironed.

We have very old window frames with sliding windows ...rather skanky along inside runner bit ( dust/ flies ) so made a start on them. Much bleach used.

Made a lasagne for tea, with potato salad and coleslaw.

Much weeding at veg patches, bin filled.

We have a little family of lorikeets in the gum tree at front of house . Was watching them pop in and out.

Have a good day
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 10th Sep 17, 3:05 PM
    • 4,637 Posts
    • 27,997 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Let's have a look at the ...
    1. bacon, egg, beans & 2 slices of toast with proper butter BoP !
    5. steak and kidney pie for tea with chips, veg & lashings of gravy nom nom !!
    Originally posted by Skint yet Again
    Proper foods,

PM2DD I'd make them walk back after that!
    Note steamer with xmas pud in it!
    5 Just had Toad in the Hole with proper pork snorkers, minted new tatties, carrot and swede crunch, cauliflower. Served with pan gravy. Then finished with xmas pud and lumpy custard!
    Snorker warming in the pan before the batter!

4 Usual rules this time of year, Training film no1. #BoB

3 Did the run to the w8rs to fill up on beans and water. Got loads inn for £38. Tum will be rubbed this week.

2 Nite BoP will be ...

Go for it then!
    Last edited by Blackbeard of Perranporth; 10-09-2017 at 6:16 PM.
    I soled my last sock
    For a whiff of your cheap perfume filled with hope of tears gone by
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 10th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 1,756 Posts
    • 19,242 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    A mix for the weekend.
    1 Visited the in-laws and gave them a box of things from us it was a lovely evening.
    2 On the way to the in-laws stopped in at their aldi as I love their pea crisps and we donít have a local and then to Home Baraginous for various bits.
    3 Today a pork joint cooked and was a lovely dinner, just the joint and veggies, leftovers will be sarnies and sweet and sour I reckon.
    4 It only took all weekend but the upstairs is now clean, all mirrors, all dusted, all zoom groomed and hoovered.
    5 I finished some jam thanks to lakelands preserve but Iím not sure I like it, will experiment some more with the plum batch.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 10th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    • 4,258 Posts
    • 39,708 Thanks
    Frith
    Waiting for some news from my cousin and family, who live in Miami. They couldn't leave as her husband had an operation on Friday and left hospital yesterday.

Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A lie in!

2) Cleaned the living room including windows, steamed the floor, tidied etc.

3) Went to see the hens and took my lunch to eat down there.

4) Bigger son very jolly about going to college tomorrow - first proper day. They have a fresher's fair (though it is really only a 16-19 college) so he is going to look into societies to join.

5) My brother popped round (it's his birthday today).
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 10th Sep 17, 11:51 PM
    • 4,811 Posts
    • 43,407 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Hope you get good news from your family, Frith, what a worrying time.

So happy to feel your happiness about Lulu, Lainey.

1. Woke up nice and early and got some work done before....

2. A jolly trip to the netball court and it's microclimate! DD had fun, and I 'saved' £2 as it was a special set of matches, not the normal ones. So....

3. £2 in the Marmite jar

4. Had a lovely coffee at a Portugese caf!/supermarket along the way. They make gooooooooood strooooooooong coffee, and I'd missed it during the netballing off season!

5. I've arranged for DD and I to go and see the flat tomorrow early evening. We're rather excited.

6. KW and I have arranged our dates this week Roll on Tuesday!
    Marmite jar savings £43
    House deposit savings £52,000
    • house elf
    • By house elf 11th Sep 17, 6:37 AM
    • 560 Posts
    • 7,913 Thanks
    house elf
    Morning,

Woke up late this morning. Is that good or bad? Stomach in knots. Don't want to go to work!!!!!!!

1. DS2 didn't want to go to Wakeboarding, (shoulder hurting), so went to W8ies instead. Used 2 £6 off wys £30, plus coupons, plus PYO........nearly half price shopping. Yay!

2. Peeled all the potatoes from school to make wedges for tea, and topping for cottage pie tonight. (Boiled the peelings for the hens. They will be pleased).

3. Made fake KFC for tea. Everything was eaten.

4. Went out to do some research into new lease car, in preparation for when our runs out. Planned to do Heritage weekend visit on the way back, but weather deteriorated, so came home. Pleasure was feeling we have made a start in thinking about what car to go for next.

5. Watched the last episode of The State on catch up tv. Glad it's over.

Have a lovely day.
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 11th Sep 17, 6:43 AM
    • 1,130 Posts
    • 12,768 Thanks
    villagelife
    For the past couple of days.

1. Met a friend for coffee and a long chat and she gave me advice on my work situation. She is an experienced manager and would be handling the situation very differently.

2. Watched rugby. We won and It was good seeing the other season ticket holders again. People who I didn't know next to me left their cup behind . I took it with mine to reclaim the deposit on it.

3. Not getting wet. We are in good seats for that. Half the stadium moved back as torrential rain, thunder and lightening for some of the first half.

4. Good journey by train which was good as signalling problems didn't affect me.

5. Yesterday spent most of the day in the garden. Had a bonfire, but down a hedge, dug up potatoes, weeded and moved an old fruit cage. Had plenty of coffee and tea to keep warm.

6. DS2 cooked which was good and meant I didn't have to worry about it When I came in from the garden cold and wet.
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 11th Sep 17, 7:30 AM
    • 2,786 Posts
    • 32,444 Thanks
    mhagster
    It was supposed to be 20o today ...we got to 12o.

Work was busy and paid but much less as I was off 1/3 of last week.

Solicitors for will making purposes.

Gardener came and cut grass and weed killered for me . ( have sold lawn mowers duh!)
    He also checked my tyre pressures for me so I need to get them sorted. Very much an OH job but I need to know how now.

Had an appointment at bank to change savings account to a higher interest account but one that will still give me interest if I withdraw. The lady I was dealing with had also recently lost her husband , so we were both in tears at times but I could tell she didn't really get my 'trying to be positive ' spin on things. I just feel that my husband didn't get to live so I have to live for both of us and to do it as positively and as kindly as I can manage.
    Banked $300 from sale of roof box last week . This will be for my home fund.

Train there and train back . I do like the train.

Letter from letter writing friend. Shall see her soon.

I'm just going to have a bath to try and warm up. Will be leftover lasagne for tea tonight.

Have a good day
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 11th Sep 17, 8:50 AM
    • 1,664 Posts
    • 19,701 Thanks
    LaineyT
    I like those pea crisps too PK
    Thanks KK

Sunday pleasures,

A lie-in followed by bacon butties and an Ambridge catch up.

Good phone chat with pal who has poorly husband.

Capt S came over to meet Lulu and then we spent several hours dividing up her field into more manageable paddocks, my girly has a big grass tummy!

Home and the house smelt of beef casserole so cooked some veg and we tucked in, thank goodness for slow cookers.

Early night despite lie-in, fell asleep quickly and slept through.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 11th Sep 17, 12:14 PM
    • 4,637 Posts
    • 27,997 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Youíre lucky are you?
    5 Well as you know just last week we rid the boiler room of the humane remains types. Well as I do things elsewith, this week on FursDay we has a club camera meeting and our talker is in big probs. Well it seems that he cannot get his talk together and has forgotten rule number 1. Iím too busy to do it for you, soÖ. No use rule of BoP, you have to do 90% and then I will put it into a place where it can be shown! Same as work, come in with the solution, not the problem. That way, we can get things done.

No umpteen emails later, and I sent him a link three weeks back to put it up. No! he cant do that. No, if he is on the circuit to do talks, have the kit. And as you are aware that on the list of people who do not do a worthwhile job, it seems the person is a college lecturer. My my, how the devil does he do the day job if he canít get a laptop or other together!!!

4 On now to worthwhile jobs, here at the mill inn the boiler room, I have to really sweat this week as tomorrow I am giving the man from the tax far too much of my money. Obviously I will be real grumpy over this! Mind you I have been grumpy since someone drank all my wobbleades the other night!

3 Talking of been so grumpy, PM2DD. Oh bother! Now as you lot already know, BoP does check his utilities once a month and he is still on the nest scam for gas and leccie. Now there was one supposed two year deal out there on Saturday and I nearly fell for it. But my scam allows me to change should prices fall, but their scam I had to pay. BoP rule number 16. No on yer Nellie. And BoPsie piped up this morning that her tootsies were warm. Yes, the thermostatic timeswitch had kicked up and taken the chill out. Not on for long, but just long enough that after BoP had shaved, groomed and washed his bits, the condensate does not turn to mould. Now I am often asked why my bills are so cheap and other run their furnaces at full pelt for an hour, then off for the night, then on full pelt and then off again. You spend as much trying to get to 21C in a rush, then leaving it at 19C, when ours burst into life this morning!

And if you wandering why it came on so fast today. Yesterday overnight the temperature dropped to 6C where we live, enough to keep the dew on the ground. And if it is on the ground outside, it certainly will soon be inside!

BoP currently pays £75 a month fixed!

2 Nite BoP will be in his piste ready attire at the gym! Tomorrow BoP will be enetering a twelve week spell of non grumpiness until he has to see off the tax man again! And that will mean no pressies for xmas as it falls then! Oh bother!

Out of the cold!
    Late Extra.

The talker this week still cannot make his mind up how they are going to present their talk. FFS, if you cannot get your act together as you want to do this at every club on the circuit! As he is an educationalist, he forgets the rule of commerce and other things. I have my own job to do, so you have to do yours in part. When you are ready for review, present your case in a way we can run with it. If I have to waste my time sorting you our, you may as well sit in the corner with the hat on eating sweets and I will get paid your money for doing your job.

Grump and Rant over, except see above as I has to pay taxman!

He was the same last time we had him!
    I soled my last sock
    For a whiff of your cheap perfume filled with hope of tears gone by
    • Sassia
    • By Sassia 11th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    Sassia
    1. Bread in the breadmaker
    2. Cordless Dyson didn't work so managed to fix it myself...Ok, unblock it rather than fix it, but it still counts!
    3. Went for a walk and got home just as it poured with rain - a bit soaked but only mistimed it be a couple of minutes tops
    4. Cleared dining table and bookcases so my dining room looks like a showhome
    5. Sorted out food storage/lunchboxes/bento boxes and only kept my favourites. The rest are in a bag to go to CS
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 11th Sep 17, 7:10 PM
    • 7,148 Posts
    • 19,463 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    BoP - I should not covet your cakes of jaffa. If you ever get the chance to try your own cakes with quince membrillo? Subtle but glorious. Son eyed your cheese knife & extended his 'when I grow up I want to have' list. Toad in the hole - any dripping noise is my self discipline wilting. Thank you for the reminder - must go & read the meters!
    Skint - delighted to hear pup growing & thriving & that demijohns are being rehomed. "lashings of gravy" - if you Ever need a pup walker, just say?!
    MrsLW - as I understand it, grandpickles are at their best before lunch, especially if by mutual admiration mum can get more sleep. A delicious apple is a true pleasure.
    Kittikins - delighted the Knitted Welshman appreciates a good Lebanese meal.<speculates on what babaghanoush might sound like with a welsh accent> & rousing hurrahs on mortgage in principle! Sneaky sourcing the Right Thing for Christmas already? Well done! (I struggle with RTfCs!) A really good coffee is a special pleasure.
    mhagster - how much longer on that mattress topper? I worry for you, midear! Hoping health returning swiftly? Awed at your care for windowframes & veg plot when landlord selling it beneath you. Is not tyre pressure a delegate-to-son job? (Though to be fair, it really is simple - even I can do it, but a nice copper taught me.)
    Dundeedoll - dried pomegranate? Did they get all the seeds out? (How?!) Intrigued as no2 son Loves pomegranate & we have a dehydrator.... Hurrah leading Freshers down the L & A not Mr T path!
    House elf - hurrah DS2's braces off & sweetcorn! Oh good - someone else who shops at supermarkets plural (I get some Very Odd Looks at work, but that's not always shopping related.) Vehicle research often eyepopping, usually interesting.
    villagelife - almost everything tastes wonderful with a mess of leeks, so can only imagine chicken & fennel a triumph. Well done bagging ESTAs early - saves nervous wear & tear later! Rugby has coffee cup deposit scheme? Canny!
    kboss2000 - awed at the thorough batch cooking - well done! (says she who was required to dump out some green veg soup that I had prepped a little longer ago than I'd realised, ahem.)
    VJsmum - flatmate used pomodoro to get through her diss & has a PhD now so it does work, but you do have to start. Dashit. Gurgling appreciatively at DS IKEA essential for student living. (son #2 came a definite third to the cider this poker night & has decided a teetotal future is only sensible!)
    Lainey T - welcome Lulu! May there be many many hours of fun together & bareback riding does wonders for your core musculature until the right saddle is sorted. Love the darker nights library of classic crime, but would wimp out of the ghost stories! Bacon & Ambridge - there's a combination!
    sj62 - I can see no reason why you can't include curtains that keep the bills down & the smiles coming?! The Kondo technique helped you put your hand on the right thing at the right time - it worked!
    Frith - hallelujah sense has dawned & bigger son's timetable now largely points in the right direction! Well done him sorting priorities for birthday then making same! <Awed!> All good luck with start of term & to all family in Miami.
    Purple kitten - jam is funny stuff - sometimes it works in every sense & sometimes, just not. I defend the Nostradamus cherry jelly for the utter glorious colour - but it was the devil's own job to make (well, I did try to use the original recipe, oops) & actually doesn't sing of cherries to me.
    Sassia - welcome! Dining room looks like a showhome? <Awed> Love the idea of sorting out the less loved lunchboxes for the charity shop <averts eyes from shelf of used-to-be but lost lid or whatever plastic things>

OS Pleasures recently
    Enjoying Thrones lads' bonding trip.... Oh the boys, the boys. Some glorious father reminiscences & even better near-sibling bickering. Not that the sisterly shenanigans are tranquility itself. [Final binge watch means I am at last all caught up on Game of Thrones! Mycroft an Iron Banker - superlative casting.]

There is such a thing as a "research confectioner" (Wikipedia curly wurly) & my research historian wants to change career path!

Son has been ice skating & causing great hilarity with his spectacular ineptness. Resisted urge to recall both elder brother's Scout purlers & my own incompetence with other likeminded young folk. Mothers aren't supposed to have Pasts.... Drove them back giggling & ooch-ing as I reminisced silently.

Got to lay a posy for m'uncle, as the verger could not have been more kindly (or much more burdened with keys - he unlocked doors, apologised for lawn mowers) & gave me a tactful few minutes to commune with uncle & grandparents all laid there. All in Edinburgh sunshine, a trebly unexpected treat.

Lit a candle for all starting new things, be it school or changing continents. May it bring a little more courage, patience, luck to all.

Listening to the station announcer calling off Scottish destinations - almost as glorious as the shipping forecast, and slightly more foreign!

A good night scouting - several back to schools & a handful of little folk from Cubs. Too wet for the bonfire but lots of happy sporting silliness playing games.

Passed good news along to colleagues and got a load of cheerful replies, even from the lass enduring chemo.

Watching a pigeon drink from a puddle on the road, beak deep. Unfazed by me, & still alert for traffic - awed!

I'm not sure what's on the goggle box but the chaps are whooping with laughter. While I snuggle under the duvet & drowsily wish them well.

I have flexi credit, take a long weekend and the sore throat & runny nose of Autumn are with me. Ah well, pleasure in the familiar comforts of pots of tea & good reading!

Sons unleashing options, once out of family home, planning for when they have girlfriends... One wants to go to nursing college "all those girls", "and the dead bodies" points out brother, helpfully...

Awww - Pearson's stoneware bottle labelled "husets medicin" - seems to be Danish for "husband's medicine" (likely beer). Husband a Pearson's pot nerd & hugely amused!

Son chose to include fresh bed linen on his pleasures plan, & I got to chortle at the sight of him carrying his duvet cover & sheet back upstairs. Very Roman toga style!

All health, strength, courage & change for the bus as needed.
    Last edited by DigForVictory; 11-09-2017 at 7:13 PM.
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 11th Sep 17, 9:03 PM
    • 4,811 Posts
    • 43,407 Thanks
    Kittikins
    DfV - KW only sounds Welsh when he's waxing lyrical about Dylan Thomas, or after he's been on the phone to his mammy Bless him!

1. DD LOVES the flat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. After a manic start to the day, by lunchtime, I was able to breathe again.

3. After the rain, a rainbow.....

4. NSD - DD has told me twice since 5:30 that we need to throw out a load of rubbish before we (hopefully) move so that we don't clutter up the place, and that we must not spend any money unnecessarily! Sometimes I forget who the adult is in our relationship, lol.

5. Chatting to friends via WhatsApp, perfect for a phone-o-phobic like me. I much prefer messaging
    Marmite jar savings £43
    House deposit savings £52,000
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 11th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 2,984 Posts
    • 18,281 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Hope your family are safe and well Frith, my DS is in Orlando

Had a whatsapp from him this afternoon thankfully they are safe and ok just a few fallen trees seen at present. They have been under curfew in hotel and Disney parks are closed.

I'm glad bigger sons college sorted his timetable

Pleasures

1. DS is safe from hurricane and hopefully not as much damage to surrounding area / houses as predicted. Thinking of those who have lost loved ones, sadly there were some fatalities in florida/orlando mostly car crashes from reading local orlando news

2. sliced tomatoes on toast for breakfast after puppy walk in the sun this morning

3. tip run and more decluttering
    4. used the deal for big mac and fries for £1.99
    5. stew from slow cooker for dinner, its turned very autumnal and leaves are falling off the trees. Puppy likes to scrunch them in her mouth
    Aims for 2017 -
    1. save as much as possible. spend as little as possible but still have a social life !
    2. no takeaways !
    3. shop once a week - no "top-up" shops - no unnecessary spending !!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 11th Sep 17, 10:14 PM
    • 4,258 Posts
    • 39,708 Thanks
    Frith
    No news from cousin yet, just photos from before the storm of her house boarded up ready.

Pleasures for today (still only Monday!)

1) Not a bad sleep. Loathing the early starts of term time and tired now.

2) Did odd jobs, cleaned turtles out, washing on, fed the hens.

3) Smaller son forgot his PE kit so I drove that in to school. Spoke to one of his specialist teachers who says he's doing ok (son, not the teacher, though he looked well too!)

4) Parked myself in steam train town library, booked one of their computers for 2 hours and decided to finish the NVQ (again - they found a couple of answers missing last time). It's my least favourite qualification ever. Such a palaver. Anyway, printed it all out and posted it off to supervisor as I don't see her anymore, not having a job.

5) Went to see my brother and dad and took brother's dog for a walk.

6) Brother gave me a bag of cooking apples which I have stewed and put in the freezer in crumble/pie sized portions.

7) Sons home from school and college. Smaller son very grateful for my taking in PE bag. This is unprecedented - he even bought me some toffee on his way home!!! Bigger son monosyllabic but doesn't seem to hate college too much.

8) In bed now and might watch Uni Challenge.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 11th Sep 17, 10:49 PM
    • 3,099 Posts
    • 34,948 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    PM2BOP oh bother doesn't even begin to express how i feel. still, the cricket was good
    1) lovely walk into work as usual lift working at a different hospital today. they move 20th so a lot more walking ahead
    2) frozen pasta thing from mr l for lunch - not what i would normally get but was surprisingly tasty
    3) seminar at 4 on intercultural stoof. water and very tasty japanese buns provided for refreshment
    4) pleasant evening - got the grass cut (too wet yesterday)
    5) mr piano has new diet from his personal trainer. it seems to involve a lot of kale! but the chicken and salad tonight was lish
    • milasavesmoney
    • By milasavesmoney 12th Sep 17, 5:40 AM
    • 1,618 Posts
    • 14,483 Thanks
    milasavesmoney
    Firth, I hope your cousin is safe and didn't get too much damage. I heard tonight that my niece's home by Houston (suburb) didn't flood because they are on higher ground. Also my cousin in Florida is fine as Irma veered to the right instead of taking the predicted path up the coast to the panhandle where she lives.

* Mums planted by DH. He's on a mission to have them go across our border in front of the house. It's full of roses in the back and he's working on filling the front with mums. We add more every year.

* Fall candles at night are filling the house with a lovely scent and coziness. Feels good.

* My first Filipino dish and everyone loved it. Traveling the world in my kitchen.

* Lost two pounds. (Not the money kind either)

* Hearing about Lulu with the big grass belly!!!

* Still feeling organized as many errands were accomplished this a.m.

My middle daughter is back here visiting and her lovely dogs, that we have had no problems with while keeping them, immediately acted up when she got here. Well, one of them did...climbed the cabinet and stole the thawing chicken. We heard the plate it was sitting on break and ran in to find her about to tear into the packing. We saved the chicken but boy was she in trouble from DD2. She had a sort of smirk on her face. Bad dog!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

1,540Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin