Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    • 3,155Posts
    • 35,620Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3
    • 18th Jul 17, 11:34 AM
    5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 18th Jul 17 at 11:34 AM
    Ok I'm diving in as I've noticed several of us have lost posts we thought had posted, and there now seems to be a serious risk of losing the whole thread. So thanks for the heads up Karcher. (and i sympathise Frith - i too like to nip back)

I've revisited the first thread of our part 2, posted 28th October 2009. It said:
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
    Originally posted by thriftlady
    Part 2 went on considerably longer so many many more pleasures. And of course life stories shared, support given, tears of sorrow and joy shed. Part 2 I shall miss you, but here's to part 3.
    Last edited by DundeeDoll; 18-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Page 107
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 13th Feb 18, 12:29 PM
    • 7,370 Posts
    • 20,368 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    I tell you, this leave stuff is potent. I'm not entirely sure what day it is (other than still forecast snowy).

Mrs SD - I love a good bike story & that is a corker! Awed at how *well* he manages to break down - convenient to a passable cafe. Delighted that despite Fate taking a bite out of leg (so tricky, blokes haven't all that helpful hipbone to raid for spares) you & he are still riding! Runs a pensive eye around, nope, not living sufficiently Swedish that a bit of Death Cleaning would be noticeable. Roast beef dinner - whimpers in fond recollection/muffled covetousness.
    BoP - courage that man - whilst there are still snorkers & a grilled tom, the beans will be back eventually. Hurrah Royal Albert Hall!
    VJsmum - some days being allowed to hug is a very special treat! That Wales has mountains comes as news to brother?! Why they had castles - you could see next week coming from the right places.
    Mrs LW - love the happy Cookie visits! Absolutely right with the right kit for the weather being a pleasure.
    mcculloch - bless you for reassuring me re:Jack book - I'm trying to equip sons with the relevant tools to leave in safety...
    Mhagster - may one child message a little more, another heal, and another join you outside mealtimes?! A bigger house? Why not?! Oh Haggis! Dear dog, all this eating of the Wrong Things? Parsnip & apple soup sounds amazing & glorious in this coolth.
    Ampersand - bulbs peeking are a wondrous pleasure. Little explosions of hope. Peacock butterfly joined you - special indeed! My Denby is Imperial Blue for everyday & pretty much anything I can get for under 50 pence a piece for the fun. Special love for manor green & homestead brown & the sheer cuddlable shapes, but I may end up writing the reference book on Denby patterns & colours & shapes 1995 on as I've no reference book & t'internet isn't that helpful. (That they are now doing limited editions of things to accent other ranges is going to drive future collectors slightly scatty & other than trying to log some of this madness I can't help as it's too expensive for me!)
    Purple kitten - delighted little un is home! Awed at the organisation that has warranty boxes & discriminates between cs & raffle prizes!
    Frith - sis currently wishes to live in 1950s? Yet (do I recall correctly?) is to become a mother? An element of compromise may be indicated, but also whatever would be out of period with a bit of strategic make do & mend in the interim & then raising an exquisitely discerning young person?
    villagelife - delighted you got a rugby buzz albeit from small boy. Planning complaints stressful, but if just about temporary inconvenience, a waste of effort. Let them feel they've had their say, bite lip on raging hypocrisy & let planning shrug it off. Support your son with cake, that he may invite some of these whining whatsists over if feeling strong, or just enjoy it if not? Hear hear daylight after work is good for morale!
    Dundeedoll - smarties are a formidably efficient charitable collection vessel - for the initial outlay you don't half get a load back. OK you also get a stonking percentage never to be seen again, but the ones that do come back are usually absolutely worth it. Bring your own teabags is almost always a shrewd move.
    LaineyT - the first quiet moments of the day are hugely underestimated! Removing shoes? That's an inconvenient hobby. Happy anniversary!
    House elf - always better to laugh when comparing. Had to look up niffler, but Fantastic Beasts on my To Watch list!

OS Pleasures recently
    Having social child out with pals who responded helpfully to a text suggesting he return lugging 12 pints of milk. No need to go out for another 2 days!

A bowl of porridge. My favourite kind of central heating, espcially if someone else is washing up. (I am a devout leave-to-soak-er, if that counts towards grace? I reserve some of my chilliest tones for when asked to rescue a bowl or pan that has been allowed to cool with other detritus scattered & then set...)

Ventured out gratuitously to the gym. Where I eyeballed the free weights kit & reassured myself no German errors of judgement were likely then hammered away for a bit & returned beaming. Through falling snow.

A son thinks I am wonderful because I have placed the Altered Carbon series within his grasp. The 20 seconds I've seen looks fun, but he assures me I should start at the beginning with No Spoilers. As methods of gracefully derailing your mother from gawking over your shoulder goes, that one (with cup of tea) was admirable. The advanced course will need to include hiding the evidence of eating assorted biscuits & cakes, empty wrappers & packets of which have been abandoned.

Playing hunt the passport photos. I've not found those (frankly hideous) images yet, but a tesco voucher good for another 2 years & several other interesting bits of paper, including a funfair snap that may hideously embarrass relevant son in years to come. Carefully copied onto phone for future reference.

All health, strength, courage, luck, hwbs & dry feet all round!
    • Mhagster
    • By Mhagster 13th Feb 18, 5:56 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Mhagster
    Hello. It's still light which is just so nice . I'm looking forward to lighter nights ahead.

Woke up to fresh snow this morning. I love waking up and everything is white and it's snowing. It's not an inconvenience for me it's a thing of beauty ( I realise others are waking up and groaning when they see it)

Lovely dog walk in the snow .

Walked to T with DD2 in the snow. She was exhausted and returned to sleep for another 4 hours!

Have decanted my room belongings into DD1s room as I will be getting decorated shortly. Shall have a further declutter , though don't have much excess. Need to polyfill holes and get paint tomorrow .

Nice but very muddy walk this afternoon. Was beautiful in the sun but very chilly. Snow mostly melted.

Son has an interview tomorrow so all things crossed for that. He's borrowing his dad's suit ( kept for such purposes) and is the most un-suit wearing person ever! This made me cry when I got the suits out of my wardrobe but he gave me a hug! He's going for the blue one.

Made spag Bol for tea and seems strange eating whilst still light after months of darkness. But I like it!

Waiting on my S delivery ...another £15 off £50 spend. And thank you very much!

Then we can make pancakes as there will be eggs! Though to be fair we often have pancakes ...these ones will be more decadent than usual!

I may treat myself to a Bourbon biscuit before lent starts tomorrow!

Have kept heating off. Normally it comes on at 3.30pm but I'm trying to shave an hour here and there when I can. Will pop it on soon though...there's washing to be dried!

Happy Shrove Tuesday
    Last edited by Mhagster; 14-02-2018 at 5:58 PM.
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 13th Feb 18, 6:31 PM
    • 1,816 Posts
    • 20,043 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    1 I made a pancake batch, which is in the fridge as I type, with memories of a few years ago I had no idea how.

2 I accepted the door replacement quote and he’s come back tonight to do proper measurements, while it’s a good price, however there will still have to be some belt tightening we have had unexpected spends for both DF and with the break in.

3 A vast amount of moving things and throwing things going on here and not enough of either has been achieved yet. The bay parcels dropped off, and I managed to ignore the our amazing Chinese takeaway next door being open n all, not least as I’ll be “ordering in” Dh’s favourite pizza for valentines tomorrow – ah romance via food!

4 I meal planned from the freezer and made lasagnes with my left-over mince. Nice to have space in the freezers and still much to get through which is comforting, took out a chilli rtc bread last night and had that with spreadable cheese and it was delicious.

5 Little un making good progress, I’m pleased. The vets phoned with results mainly good, but he now must go back in for the adrenal it showed which also means he’ll have another week being poorly from the flair of the implant they put in, so we are trying to make sure he’s as well as possible over the next few days.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 13th Feb 18, 9:37 PM
    • 4,343 Posts
    • 41,267 Thanks
    Frith
    DfV - no, that's not my sister. One and that's it!

Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Not quite as cold as it was yesterday (-5).

2) Hens well.

3) Went to the feed merchants for more hen food and the man was even ruder than usual! I said something fairly lengthy and pleasant about his noisy cat and he said, ".....yes..." !!

4) Went round as many charity shops as I could bear because bigger son wants to learn to play the guitar - couldn't find one. Luckily smaller son does not seem interested as finding a left handed guitar would be even worse.

5) Popped to National Trust place for lunch.

6) Met my school friend in town for a cup of tea.

7) Pancakes for tea when I got home. With treacle, bananas, raspberries and, as bigger son said, "This pancake is a Nutella-mobile"

8) Just watched Holby.

9) One from smaller son yesterday. Usually he picks up malapropisms and corrects them. But he didn't with this so it must be part of his normal vocabulary. I was upstairs and he came out of the living room (stove going well), came upstairs and said, "Bon Jovi, it's cold up here". :-D
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 13th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    • 3,155 Posts
    • 35,620 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    Missed out on pancakes :-(
    1) review i thought started at 9:00 started at 9:30. Realised first thing so spent extra 30mins in bed
    2) free lunch at review and, after everyone had finished, wrapped up left over duck wrap for tea
    3) after review went to library, more free tea, got masters done then went to nice new room called the beach and ate my duck wrap
    4) then off to vestry. No pancakes there but good meeting
    5) after walking home (30 mins so coupled with phoning xoh) added yogurt to end of cranberry. Delicious. Will in future do with all almost finished jars of jam (though not marmite much as I love it!) mrpiano did offer to cook me pancakes but the lure of bed was too strong.
    For 2018 be kind, be courageous, and never ever eat pears
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 14th Feb 18, 12:26 AM
    • 4,736 Posts
    • 46,780 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Oh FFS... Your password is now 5 days old, please update. Ampersand is locked out, apparently, and I now have to remember a new password.

DfV, yup, Jack's new book will be a good student one, as would the first one. The middle one, not so much. I thought that one might have made it into paperback, but no. Most student cookbooks that I've read are for students whose parents have dual six-figure incomes. Jocasta Innes is also good, but you need a bit more skills in the culinary line for Jocasta. Jack is more for novice cooks.

1.Pancake Day without eggs and milk.
    I didn't have any eggs and very little milk, so I tried bicarb in the flour and whey protein for the protein from the egg white, with water instead of milk. Worked a treat, lovely fluffy pancakes, much lighter than my usual flat crepes made with plain flour. Doing that again.

2. Just discovered I was credited £140 Warm Home Discount to my energy account in December. This because I happened to mention to the woman who arranged my smart meter fitting in October that I was disabled. I was possibly entitled in 2016 too, but never mind. I can be warm now without worrying in the slightest.

3 Clean home courtesy of my lovely cleaners. One of whom took a large Amazon Pantry delivery box with her, so a useful declutter there too, and no box filling up the bin.

4. DD and DGD are visiting tomorrow. I had to miss the music club to catch up with work and clear the decks, so to speak, but it will be well worth it.

5. Your pleasures, thank you.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 14th Feb 18, 12:27 AM
    • 289 Posts
    • 3,610 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Hi all,

A non-pleasure to start - just had to change my password AGAIN as it was 5 days old - what is going on?

Pleasures today:

1. Lots of bright sunshine & blue sky before the rain set in this evening

2. Bed linen & towels fit on the one shelf in the airing cupboard & will not burn on the pipes as my DH did a really good job on his Wooden ‘cages’

3. New neighbour finally indoors so dropped off the packages that we have been hanging onto since Saturday

4. DH has started on the bath panel repair

5. Dinner - a new creation using black olives, capers, green pepper, sun dried tomatoes, mushroom, tomato pur!e & seasonings with tuna + spaghetti - delicious I just hope I can replicate it in the future!

6. Your pleasures

MrsSD
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 14th Feb 18, 7:12 AM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 13,929 Thanks
    villagelife
    I too had to change password after 5 days.

1. Lemon pancakes here. Quicker making for 3 rather than for 4. I always think I must make pancakes more often but never do.

2. Someone gave me a lift part way home and enjoyed the walk the rest of the way.

3. Listening to someone at work who needed to vent. The pleasure is she seemed happier after.

4. Reading my book. Trying to watch less tv just because it's on.

5. DS2 hasn't damaged the tendon in his finger it's severe tissue damage and is being referred to physii.
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 14th Feb 18, 8:29 AM
    • 5,009 Posts
    • 73,741 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Another password changer here also and, yes, & is locked out

Morning all - for once, I am sat at my own table...

Pleasures for yesterday

1. A one coffee, one egg, one rosti train journey - I shouldn't complain as it is free But often i get two of each. Anyhoo the journeys were good and I enjoyed the walk to Regent St.
    2. A really excellent training seminar "how to make the most of your third year" - except I started third year in October To be fair it was supposed to have been in November but got postponed. All about mindfulness, and breathing and shizz. Right up my alley that is - can't think why they wait till 3rd year though. Caught up with pals I met on Day 1, nice to see we are still going - though the numbers attending were much lower than day 1
    3. Daffs are starting to bloom. I love a daff
    4. Went to big yellow, Swedish warehouse for office furniture. Jeez but we've spent some money there over the years, and this was no exception. The pleasure is that we could have spent the same in Emaness or the furniture land of oak and only got a bookcase..
    5. late home so stopped en route for a curry. It was a curry house we haven't been to in years, and was excellent. we shall return -
    and there's leftovers

Have a good day all
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 14th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 22,946 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Yep, 5 day old password too old apparently, oh the joy!

Tuesday pleasures,

Went to see lovely lady who froze, then massaged my sore elbow and arm, pleasure is can now move hand without much pain.

Cheese on toast for lunch, followed by bits of flapjack ( used jumbo oats and didn't set proper like )

Happy chap farrier popped shoe back on, Lulu has decided she loves him and blew horsey kisses down the back of his neck.

Picked up some Old Fart beer for my valentine.

Another one too tired for Shetland so dozed whilst valentine cheered on football, oh and United won away from home for first time in 5 months.
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 14th Feb 18, 11:20 AM
    • 8,343 Posts
    • 32,341 Thanks
    ampersand
    & is here, but only via rubberbandy desktop and not for long.
    Nothing works via mob.
    & is locked out, not banned, and - as written elsewhere - [thankyou mcc and vjm]mse's own reply addy is rtnd as 'undeliverable'. An initial reply there has not been backed up by any way through and there are other threads on this mess.
    #
    Have no real time for proper osp witing, but will sketch some in:

1. A full 24-hr pancake diet, begun with brekkers yday, last 2 consumed today's ditto. Multiple yum yum yum. Strictly no savoury anything. Strictly no nutella or copycat same. Lemon juice+sugar, maple syrup, golden syrup.

2. Too much tortuous petrol over last days, but necessary. Good use of enzed friends' kindly voucher, which anaesthetised trolley spend, after long haul commuter snarl over to St Neots B&Q last night. Excellent young man put one together for & to see and take, if suitable, this arranged via long town of gown Branch phonecall after 18h. Took over an hour to get there. Black and Decker no longer make castor-wheeled fold-down platform trolleys,>300kg load. Only one is remotely like - but bar is not telescopic. nor high enough. No back plate to stop load sliding fw either. & will saw handle through, insert reinforcing bar[bought for purpose]+lengthen both sides. Young man wants to see if he can fix &'s old B&D one and & would like this too. That's for next Tues. Just need sthg right now.

3. Left beautiful olive oil, old-style litre bottle, outide friend's door late Mon, en route to more doings/runarounds, ending rather far off and late.
    Managed to make mob. work here earlier [ 6th attempt] in case oil had been unseen. It was - camouflaged in plants! She's v. pleased now:-)

4. Have ingested your Denby notes, dfv:-)

5. Heard http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09r4k4n en St Neots rte
    and an Ann Cleeve choice. No tv here, but have read everything AC and like Jimmy Perez. Easily as interesting and filmable as Vera.

6. Fenboy fix £20!!! - so much less than feared. Iinaccessible/unseeable hose split, but enough length left to re-align and re-clamp. T. then bled and refilled tank, to be sure, dropped other jobs to do so. & is so lucky with Fenboys. Also en rte back, submissions>Rowley's next Fine Arts qtrly auction in June. Feb one's next week, might get chance to peep in. On verra. Always good to see/chat with WA and all there. Good firm, absolute probity.

7. &'s little countree stick-o'-rhubarbs walloped albion in t20 latest... No change there then:-) Poor albion. What's going on? Can't just be absence of Cap'n Morgan and some of his chosen ones.
    #
    Happy days all. May normals be resumed soon.
    Spits prep now. Blessings where needed.
    Last edited by ampersand; 14-02-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 14th Feb 18, 12:09 PM
    • 4,817 Posts
    • 29,248 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    And , Please, no fireworks
    So the icon fell on the poor. Strange that before the Buerke in Ethiopia when dropping parcels on the rich, as the poor were too weak to move, and being shot at from the hills, the only ones on the ground were MSF! Wander why I has not been inn the shop? Now some ambassador in name, but not the field has a bitter pill to swallow. The same in the outreach of Haradh, where water came but once every twenty days, you stored enough for as long. When the water tower was completed, the Bedouin shepherd led his goats to the tower in thought the search for water grazing was over! The town could support another week without the wasteful pipe from the coast pouring more into the sands!

5 Watched Man City last night, game over in five minutes and then watched a programme on the Big Apple. How poor is the BBC for having to repeat everything. I can concentrate more on my goldfish bowl! It seems they think it is the only town that cannot grow its own food, but not mentioned the water! Poor. Please do not pay the regressive TV Tax, the only corporation that criminalises more females in the UK than any other source?

4 Flipping ‘ek, did I give it max last night as I tossed off nine pancakes! Each pan flipped with a flick of the wrist. No mess. Spread with tinned oranges, topped with icing sugar and cocoa. Then served with lemon sorbet! Tum was rubbed after proper food on pancake day. I has not mentioned my lunch box this week have I. Today is loaded with cheese, proper digestive, Bourneville and a club. Also has a salad. Proper foods and good for you. Water fresh from the tap is also drunk with tea.

3 Buck of face this day is full of Quacks and Cracks! First those suggesting that some magic mix pill and cholesterol are big problems, but not the added sugars on the pretend health snack of vine dried tomato half-baked biscuit thing! Not. Then cracks who have an agenda that their education has transfixed their brain into too much thought about being unwell they are unwell! You’re here once! Grab it!

2 Night again BoP will be showing the new season look and beach ready body at the gym! Running mats are provided for your comfort! Then it will be sardines on toast, with salad! Now I has boughts you two foods this day that you just knows you are daring to have!

Less time mucking reading this and more doing that
    Every fairy story always ends the same way
    Hope, then tragedy at the end of the world!
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 14th Feb 18, 12:20 PM
    • 8,343 Posts
    • 32,341 Thanks
    ampersand
    Some play-time consulting:

http://www.catalogue-host.co.uk/rowley/newmarket/2018-02-20/category_1_page_1
    and
    http://www.catalogue-host.co.uk/rowley/newmarket/2018-02-20/category_2_page_1
    #
    bop - excellent italics para. intro.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 14th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    • 4,817 Posts
    • 29,248 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    bop - excellent italics para. intro.
    Originally posted by ampersand

Nows nots every day you get two bursts of BoP.

Just checked my gas and Electric. Deal on ustitch for April 19 cheaper than my deal I is on with SP. Taken.

Remember to check every month and don't let their palms get too greasy with filthy cash.
    Every fairy story always ends the same way
    Hope, then tragedy at the end of the world!
    • Mhagster
    • By Mhagster 14th Feb 18, 6:16 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Mhagster
    Hello. I've been frozen for most of the day! The coldest wind I've felt in a while. Heating on most of day but was off much of yesterday so balanced out .

Up early and went and bought paint . Back home for 8.30am ...I was going in the right direction for no traffic and it's school hols this week too.

The breeziest, freeziest dog walk...however we met a new to us Labrador called Lucy who was not as keen as chasing Haggis as he would have liked! Whilst chatting with her owner I got some building advice and a phone number for a builder.

Rest of the day spent quietly. A few emails dealt with. Refund given on replacement breakfast cereal...er why would I want a more expensive and 50% less item? And my broken eggs and green potatoes use by today refunded by an online voucher. Very prompt. If only the remaining pension company would get its act together! Sigh!

Son had an interview in Glasgow..off he went wearing his father's suit and boots looking unusually very smart! Hopefully he hears one way by end of week.

DD2 went back to work and DD1 was out having Thai food....I could almost taste it!

So I had a few hours of just me and my dog boy. Was nice.

Had chilli for lunch from freezer and made a sausage casserole from sausages bought in October! Trying hard to use up freezer stocks. Sausages served on a bed of turnip mash ( from freezer!)

Have polyfilla-ed the holes left in bedroom. It's getting painted tomorrow morning! Shall go carpet shopping tomorrow. Have chosen a yellow paint for feature wall and white for rest. Rest of house is white. Easy to touch up and if I do decide to sell house it's better than the ghastly walls before.

It's a whole 50 weeks today since my lovely husband died. How can that be a thing? Miss him so much though he was never one for grand romantic gestures ...had to buy my own flowers!
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 15th Feb 18, 4:53 AM
    • 289 Posts
    • 3,610 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    For Wednesday:

1. Unwell but meant I snuggled in my dressing gown for a few hours & avoided the rain as we were due to go out on the motorbike to order sofa/s & carpet.

2. Finally made the peperonata - looks good & will accompany the hm lasagne (to be made Thursday)

3. Biscuit tin refilled with hm coconut biccies - only 49 today! Last time managed 52

4. DH did NOT waste money on flowers/card - just showed his appreciation of biccies & the pork chop, leek & potato mash & roasted veg we had for dinner by giving me a big hug (DH gives GREAT hugs) & supplying me with numerous cups of coffee.

5. Watching Men’s Skeleton with a cup of Hor**cks & then off to bed.

MrsSD
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 15th Feb 18, 6:07 AM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 13,929 Thanks
    villagelife
    Interesting day which started and finished well.

1.Slept well and woke up feeling refreshed. Achieved quite a lot before leaving for work.

2. Good morning at work just the right degree of busyness.

3. Discharged from physio with more exercises to do and told that DS2 needs to chase his physio appointment. Receptionist going beyond her job to find out for me.

4. All but one colleague being very supportive of another colleague when she was upset by a patient. I took over for the last few minutes and agreed that he was the worst patient I have ever had to deal with. Luckily of the five of us working four were people that helped and supported. One left as it was home time and it didn't matter to get that someone was in tears and still patients waiting to be seen.

5. Texted DH about it and we had Chinese take away as an hour later I still felt shaky.

6. Relaxing evening with take away and a glass of wine. Ended up watching a recorded Indiana Jones film. It is easy to watch and involved no thinking.
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 15th Feb 18, 7:33 AM
    • 3,155 Posts
    • 35,620 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    Goodness hope no one else is shut out. Still makes me smile though tha5 we have to be nice to mhags does that mean the rest of us are fair game?!
    1) up early and brisk walk to church for 8:00am imposition of the ashes.beautiful way to start the day
    2) bumped into colleague as he was alighting his bus. He was off for a coffee at the counting house so I joined him. Has lovely bit with books, and coffee / tea is £1.20with all day refills
    3) he also gave me three names for further discussions on work idea i’m Developing
    4) no free lunch at 9:30 to 4:30 training which I don’t mind per se, but annoying cos I and others would have taken in lunch (and in my case tea too). Instead bought toasted cheese and onion sandwich in library cafe and ham sarnie for tea
    5) after Skype off to cineworld with gbf and dd1 for twelfth night from Stratford. Fabulous production. Gbf off to oz and NZ on Saturday till 10th April
    For 2018 be kind, be courageous, and never ever eat pears
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 15th Feb 18, 8:29 AM
    • 11,311 Posts
    • 157,522 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) It's NOT raining today!

2) It's NOT Valentines Day today either!

3) There is 1 house worth viewing in our chosen area so we'll be booking that for early next week.

4) Lovely long chat to DD2 last night, pickles have been poorly with a high temperature but are now feeling better.

5) Coming in from walking the houndicus yesterday very cold and wet and finding the fire lit and tea made, the best!!!
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 15th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 22,946 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Wednesday pleasures,

The wind and rain battered the house from lunchtime onwards, pleasure was I had done the morning walk with Tilly and lovely Capt S volunteered for the afternoon shift.

I managed to negotiate the Uni of Cambridge job application process and submitted mine for the CFAS post, now to wait and see...

Due to weather the evening drew in quickly so battened down the hatches and made all cosy.

Candlelight and special meal with beloved.

Slightly squiffy games of Yahtzee
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,464Posts Today

8,529Users online

Martin's Twitter